Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z98
LOL @ stupidity

He doesn't have an STS kit.

He has a SC making 630 rwhp.

Now when someone is making 600+ with an STS, I'll be the first in line to get one.
I will hold you to that you know, you have about a month to save up But if it dont make the power Im looking for then I will be the first to tell you that also. Im very picky and suck as a customer when im not happy. Time will tell
Old 09-15-2004, 08:31 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

There is an 800hp truck in the works too.
One or two...

But then the 'experts' will be saying "When I see an STS put down 1000hp..." Get over it guys, the kit works and works well.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:38 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
One or two...
You and Ben are killin me! I need to hurry and get a solid low 12 so I can have a little more Limelight before you guys make me look like a Honda Civic racing a F40.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:46 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Well, F8L, seeing as how you own the truck that got all us SSSer's going on the kit, you'll probably get a lot of limelight. I still play that tunnel video... I have the STS, but no tunnels
Old 09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Launching!

I had the STS kit with a 60-1 on my stock motor and made good power. On 5 psi I did 420 / 435 on 8psi with methonal I did 475 / 495.
I just built a 370 forged with a 220/224 581 581 115lsa cam using the STS Kit with a T67. For break in I have been playing with 5psi and the power it is making so far only taking it to 4k is amaizing. I have another few hundred files before I tune at WOT and then I will post up my numbers. I can not wait to take it to 13psi with 75meth / 25water injection.

Kane
Old 09-16-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I was hoping to post some track times soon but now its going to be a while. I didn't even make it home from the dyno before the motor took its toll on my car. I did one role on pull to about 100 and that was the end of my stock rear end. I am guessing that the hard one two shift was the culpret. I was hoping that street tires would save my rear for a little while but I guess not. For what its worth the car runs like a bat out of hell. As for turbo lag, my car was seeing 1 pound of boost at 2500 and 5.5 pound of boost at 3500.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Launching!

With my new setup I am seeing 5-6psi at 2500 in 5th gear.

kane
Old 09-16-2004, 11:51 PM
Tenured Member

Just finished an install on a 2001 TA M6 all stock besides 4.11 and see 5# around 3000 rpms. It feels great, we should have some dyno numbers up soon.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:57 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

I will hold you to that you know, you have about a month to save up
Stock STS kit making 630 RWHP?

Okay...

Here's how I see it.

STS owners are like hotcam owners.

They aren't for the "get serious" crowd. They are for the wanna be crowd. They want the ability to say they have a turbo (like hotcam owners want the sound), and they want it to put a smile on their face when they get on the gas.

That's it.

But if you can make 630 RWHP without putting thousands more into the kit, I sure as hell will buy an STS kit.

And you can hold me to that, I'm ready with my checkbook ASAP.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z98

Okay...

Here's how I see it.

They aren't for the "get serious" crowd. They are for the wanna be crowd. They want the ability to say they have a turbo (like hotcam owners want the sound), and they want it to put a smile on their face when they get on the gas.

That's it.

But if you can make 630 RWHP without putting thousands more into the kit, I sure as hell will buy an STS kit.

Dude, get off it, if you don't like it just laugh at those with the STS kits! Consider them a joke and move on I hope to have mine on in a few weeks with all the information, good or bad. Just be happy for those that couldn't afford the kit you have. Because of course you do have a kit, right??? I'm sure you do so just have a great day don't forget that the first guy to invent the first turbo probably got jazzed and ridiculed also! Most inventors and creative thinkers do.
Wolfee
Waiting to be attacked.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z98

Okay...

Here's how I see it.

That's it.

who said stock STS kit? Im running the gt70 and a front mount at 12-15 psi. Never said stock kit? You think my D1 and 8 rib with forged block and huge cam is stock too, cause thats where the 630 is coming from. Im changing nothing other then D1 to the sts kit. Why backpeddle, I will tell you why, cause I will make that with ease and similiar tq numbers at 3500 rpm and you know it. Take a d1 kit and put it on a stock car, guess what its under 500 rwhp, so I would say the sts is right on par.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:59 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Well how much will you have in the turbo kit when you're all done?
Old 09-18-2004, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z98
Well how much will you have in the turbo kit when you're all done?
Answer:
#1 Less than other Turbo kits
#2 Less than other Super Charger kits
#3 More than a Nitrous setup
#4 As much as ANYother Forced induction kit would have to put in it after passing around 5 psi. of boost.

Some how #4 keeps getting over looked.

Once you start passing 5 psi. all the prices are equal to all the FI setups.
All of them have to worry about fuel requirements.
All of them have to worry about forged internals passing 8psi.
All of the Alky kits would amount to the same.

The base kit is the element that is cheaper... Mostly because there isn't any exhaust manifold to purchase with the STS kit.

Is it more effecient than other front mount turbo's out there... no.
No one ever claimed it was.
Is it more effecient than his SC system... that remains to be seen.

You are just trying to be abrasive, and start with your analogies.
I told you numerous times how this kit fits in. So you are either slow, ignorant or just trying to start .
If you don't agree with the system.. then fine, don't agree. Your comments about us are un-warranted and unwanted.
You said you would respect the sytem if it made 600hp... guess what?
You set a goal, we made it. You change that goal, we meet that goal and then you change the subject.
You wanna back pedal and change your statement again?
You are just a tool, trying to get a rise.

EDIT: I noticed you removed your car from your signature. Is it because you can't handle that which you are dishing out? Just curious.

Anyways, I honestly wish you nothing but the best for you and your STS sytem z98.

Last edited by Wildman; 09-18-2004 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I cant discuss the price of the kit Im getting but I will tell you its way less then the d1 kit I have
Old 09-18-2004, 08:29 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Now when someone is making 600+ with an STS, I'll be the first in line to get one.

I will hold you to that you know, you have about a month to save up
There is an 800hp truck in the works too.

One or two...

But then the 'experts' will be saying "When I see an STS put down 1000hp..." Get over it guys, the kit works and works well.
Heheh... Guess I should have seen that particular back pedal coming.

Tell ya what, skippy: Show us ANY stock FI kit that produces 630rwhp.

Oh, and thanks for clearly identifying your self as an 'expert' :thumbs:
Old 09-18-2004, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5-liter-eater Let me know when you get that STS kit on your car so I can run and hide.
I bet that thing will make almost 100 more hp and the TQ curve will be crazy.
I think that average hp and tq is what makes a car move.Take my cobra for example.It's a 3800 pound car and it only makes 430 rwhp and it runs real low 11's @123/124 mph on Nittos.
Its called area under the curve and when you get that turbo you are going to have tons of it.

There are going to be alot of people eating there words.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

I have nothing but good things to say about the STS kits. I would never become a dealer for anything if I totally didn't believe in the product.I believe that the STS kit is an excellent and well engineered product.Dont forget that the STS kit is relitively new compaired to the supercharger kits. This is the reason I beleive that people are still finding out about this kit.All this kit needs is a little time under peoples belts to really show its potential.I know over this winter there will be a lot of STS owners making a lot more power with their setups. I would challenge any supercharged car vs a turbo car. If both cars had the same motor,cam,heads,drivetrain,comparable sized supercharger vs turbo and boost. The supercharged car would always lose. I think you guys put it well. There are always going to be skeptics out there that are going to hate turbos. But they are the first ones that will tell you that the only reason your turbo car beat my supercharged car was "MY BELT WAS SLIPPING" .I'll be changing my combo over the winter to a new motor and a T-70-T-76 STS kit.I'll keep my eye on the skeptics next year.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Costs so far
$935 for T70 and Tial 38mm wastgate
$250 for 42 lb injectors
$100 for 340 intake pump

Will be getting
an OBX intercooler $275
piping and clamps, hoses $500
Tuning $500
Think thats about it, hope for anywhere between 500-550 RWHP. Already have mild heads, cam, and stall.
Wolfee
Old 09-18-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Location: its as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down

id say that 5 should keep the d1 on and the sts kit and some n2o, then everyone can be happy............ and so could he with his kabillion horsepower car
Old 09-18-2004, 01:56 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Tell ya what, skippy: Show us ANY stock FI kit that produces 630rwhp.
Raymer's kit, the incon kit, not really ITK about supercharger kits, but I'm sure there is one (probably big money though). Of course, you need the fuel system and bottom end to support it, but that goes without saying.

I noticed you removed your car from your signature. Is it because you can't handle that which you are dishing out? Just curious.
You're hallucinating. Or just plain lying.

#4 As much as ANY other Forced induction kit would have to put in it after passing around 5 psi. of boost.
So why is the STS kit good then? As far as I can tell, the only thing going for it is price (which is what YOU people keep saying) and now you're saying its not a better deal?

LOL

GG

I cant discuss the price of the kit Im getting but I will tell you its way less then the d1 kit I have
Well how much would it cost the average person to get it?

This is a pretty simple question, why can't you answer it?

Quick Reply: Attn: STS owners and supporters