Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Attn: STS owners and supporters

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well how much would it cost the average person to get it?
Click on the STS line for JL TURBO over to the right and you will see the STS LS1 F-body kit is going for 3549.

Dude why all the drama over the STS kit? If you don't like it leave the post....as the topic states STS owners and supporters, which one are you?
Old 09-18-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z98
You're hallucinating. Or just plain lying.
So you deny that you had your car setup in your signature then?

Originally Posted by z98
So why is the STS kit good then? As far as I can tell, the only thing going for it is price (which is what YOU people keep saying) and now you're saying its not a better deal?
Where do you see that it is not a better deal?
Must be the new math you learned in school.
So according to you, a 5psi ATI @ $5100 is a better deal than a 5psi STS kit @ $3550
Your ignorance or stupidity is REALLY starting to shine thru.
Keep talking bro... You are making our case.

EDIT: Taken from one of our sponsors boards:
"1998-'02 - 5 psi with P-1SC-1 (includes programming, no FMU, fuel pump or injectors) $5079.99" and no intercooler and is rated between 420-450hp.
Disclaimer: This was not meant by any means to bash ATI users or the company nor their dealers in any way. Just using this as an example. I am opened minded enough to accept that every kit has their purpose.

Any more comments from the ignorant

EDIT: Found that another sponsor sells the base STS kit for $3550.

Last edited by Wildman; 09-18-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wildman

The '93 Camaro STS LT1 runs in the 10's.

There is an 800hp truck in the works too.

SHhhh!!! can you hear that
Nope....Brandon has not run 10's at the track....he refuses to run because, "I'll hit 9's and they'll give me the boot".

Shhhhhhh!!! Can you hear that? Yup, that's you putting your foot in your mouth.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I will admit that was hearsay about the 10's,
But then you just turn around and make my point. Can he run in the 9's?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Hear that??? That's you not making sense.

EDIT: Taken from STS web page:
" I gained 69% HP and increased my 1/4 mile speed by 14 mph at only 7 psi. It drives like a stock Camaro until you stick your foot into it and the boost hits. With a few mods and 10 psi boost I am pounding on Bullet Bikes! Talk about the ultimate street sleeper: 522 rwhp and 620 rwtq through stock heads, cam, and exhaust.
Brandon
"

Last edited by Wildman; 09-18-2004 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I will admit that was hearsay about the 10's,
But then you just turn around and make my point. Can he run in the 9's?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Hear that??? That's you not making sense.

EDIT: Taken from STS web page:
" I gained 69% HP and increased my 1/4 mile speed by 14 mph at only 7 psi. It drives like a stock Camaro until you stick your foot into it and the boost hits. With a few mods and 10 psi boost I am pounding on Bullet Bikes! Talk about the ultimate street sleeper: 522 rwhp and 620 rwtq through stock heads, cam, and exhaust.
Brandon
"
I was quoting what Brandon said...not what I think he will run. No he can't run 9's.....I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if he hit 10's. But since he won't run at the track, we may never know. As far as I know Chad (99t76ss or something like that) doesn't have the required safety equipment nor NHRA certs for trapping 135+ but he has still gone down the track on more than one occasion.

But that's here nor there and neither of them are my cars. My point was Brandon hasn't run 10's.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, I get that. Like I said, it was hearsay to me, so I wouldn't know either. So I stand corrected.

BUT, he is quoted to "increased my 1/4 mile speed by 14 mph at only 7 psi."
So he must have gone to the track at some time.

Not trying to spar with you.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, I get that. Like I said, it was hearsay to me, so I wouldn't know either. So I stand corrected.

BUT, he is quoted to "increased my 1/4 mile speed by 14 mph at only 7 psi."
So he must have gone to the track at some time.

Not trying to spar with you.
The majority of 1/4 times that STS uses are from Gtech. Brandon may have gone to the track when he first put the kit on either before or after he blew it the first time but he hasn't ran it on the track this year unless he did it on the rare night I wasn't working.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gentlemen! The point is boost. That which puts psi into the intake, puts boost into the cylinders. The hp out depends wholly (holy? ) on the rest of the setup. If putting a 6 foot fan under the hood blowing into the TB worked, who would care. The STS works, it's that simple! What else needs saying?

If you don't like the configuration, put something else on and let's go racing. Some one will win for whatever reason and the loser will try to find an explanation. That's just how it works, ain't it?

I'm convinced and the physical configuration suits what I'm doing. I'll buy one next summer. See you at the track.

In the words of that great Japanese acrobat, Hermann O'Toole, "The BS stops when the pedal drops."
Old 09-18-2004, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Well im dynoing my STS this week on a bone stock a4. And a 408 motor is on the way with low comp 8.7 and stg 2 LQ9. So we will see.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:35 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Click on the STS line for JL TURBO over to the right and you will see the STS LS1 F-body kit is going for 3549.
R > C > P

Please. To keep yourself from looking stupid.

So you deny that you had your car setup in your signature then?
Yes. I'll come right out and say you are a liar right now.

Only a few people here know what my car REALLY has (and what my 98 Z28 has) and you aren't one of them.

So tell me what my mods are, and I'll be very impressed
Old 09-18-2004, 06:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we can all agree that a Turbo will put out more HP than a Supercharger pushing the same boost/intake temp.Nevermind the torque gain.By the time your done with a STS kit with intercooler it is the same price as a decent Procharger.Now it comes down to what the individual prefers.
I will be doing the Turbo setup on 5liters car and will post our findings/gains.If we hit our goal(which is low) the car will be insane compared to his 640hp Procharged setup
Time will tell.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z98
R > C > P

Please. To keep yourself from looking stupid.
R>C>P???? WTF does that mean? Right Control Panel? IF so, thats where I said to look moron-> to the right The lounge and street racing kill section AKA Fantasy Land are missing one of their top posters. Funny how much tech related material you have contributed to the site, I would say it adds up to a hefty ZERO percent. Its mostly trash talk and OT crap.....go away until you can post some tech up.

FI MODS show this guy the door, as he instigates trouble and doesn't provide any legitimate info or TECH in any of his trash talking posts. Please send him along. We had this type of problem before and it ran unchecked, lets not head down that road again. We are all here to support one another, no matter how the boost gets to the cylinders, ATI, Vortech, PD, QMP, STS and homebrew FI set ups.
J
Old 09-18-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got so pwn3d cuz I no nuttin bout wat he sez.

We need an acronym dictionary when reading his posts

GG? R>C>P???

AOL Instant Messaging dialog didn't come as part of this site.
Go play with the kiddies.

Only a few people here know what my car REALLY has (and what my 98 Z28 has) and you aren't one of them.
This even makes you more of a pozer and a wanna be.
If you have a hand, play it. Or ante out, fold and go away.
In other words

Last edited by Wildman; 09-18-2004 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:15 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets keep this on topic guys.

Honestly I didnt care for the STS at first but people seem to be happy and thats what matters - 6 months from now if people are still happy with them I say they have a winner. Like any other system it has its drawbacks, so does the stock ATI.

Not everyone is out to build a 700rwhp drag car and I can see where the STS kit even in stock form could be a lot of fun. Cost is relative and directly related to horsepower output, no magic or something for nothing when it comes to FI. I'm curious to see the results compared to the D1 5-liter-eater, if you can make the same peak power the torque will be wicked and it should run pretty well.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Launching!

I beleive the standard kit is $3695.00

Kane
Old 09-19-2004, 05:44 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

R>C>P???? WTF does that mean? Right Control Panel? IF so, thats where I said to look moron-> to the right
It means READ > COMPREHEND > POST. First you read the thread, then you comprehend what is being said, then you post about it.

So I'll break it down for you:

1. Read post #52, #54, #60

2. Think about it

3. Post something relevent.

Which you obviously aren't doing. I asked how much it would cost to get an STS kit that could produce 630+ RWHP. And no one can has anwered me. Sigh...

If you have a hand, play it.
You brought up my car, not me. You STFU.

You lied about it, not me. You STFU.

Or instead of posting emoticons you could say something relevent?

Not everyone is out to build a 700rwhp drag car and I can see where the STS kit even in stock form could be a lot of fun. Cost is relative and directly related to horsepower output, no magic or something for nothing when it comes to FI. I'm curious to see the results compared to the D1 5-liter-eater, if you can make the same peak power the torque will be wicked and it should run pretty well.
Wow, someone gets it. Read this post (#74). Then read it again.

I beleive the standard kit is $3695.00
I "beleive" you need to

R > C > P,

as this has already been mentioned (multiple times even) and no one even asked what a basic STS kit costs in the first place.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Liar? Um... Ok... maybe you didn't have it, doesn't make me a liar.
But you know what, **** off... You still haven't posted ANYTHING relavent in this section or in this thread. You just talk **** and add no value. You are a ******* troll that so far hasn't backed anything you said up. You throw out arbitrary values, false statments and just outright ignore the facts that other people have said.
This kit has it's place. AND I EVEN said that this system wasn't made for the track, we are modifying it to see what it can do. I even gave you an example of another FI kit that it is on par with.
YOU asked how much he was putting into his turbo system MORON. YOU even said he was upgrading from a D1. So the only thing he has to buy was the basic kit. SO THE PRICE WAS ASKED by you.
So YOU need to:
R > C > P because you just made yourself look stupid. We left our superhero decoder ring back in the 4th grade.
You're just a tool being abrasive, spreading malcontent and just feeding off the negative energy.
This thread is titled what? Attn: STS owners and supporters. WTF are you?

Old 09-19-2004, 11:52 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Don't sweat it Paul. I'm still waiting for him to post up the dyno sheet that shows an N/A car making more average HP as a turbo car with the same peak power. I asked twice but still not data....
Old 09-19-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

R>C>P= how Guess you're trying to earn your STFU badge, I'll give you another since you already had one handed to you from another FI member. I try to read your posts, but like always they are negative, abrasive and of no useful relevance to anyone here on the FI board and like the majority of your posts here on tech, they are worthless, so sorry if I miss- "what you are trying to make people comprehend." LS1 and LS2 AAG, bar n grill etc....are really starting to miss you why don't you go back? Base price for a STS kit 3549+a turbo upgrade will cost you another 750-1000 bucks give or take a few.....but why would you want to know? You obviously don't like the STS kit. Don't worry about an answer, I won't R>C>P to it, i'll just give you another badge from the FI board.

To the mods, I know these forums are open to anyone, and I welcome anyone and try to help out in anyway possible and that is known to all that have come to know me here on the board. When we have someone that really hasn't shown an interest in FI or hasn't provided any useful tech info towards any topic no matter how small here in the FI board, that person should be warned or shown the door. Tolerating a person that bashes FI members and the cars/trucks they are proud of in the FI forum is really shameful.

To any others that have doubts/questions about the STS kit.....I'll have to say "wait"
Don Kinder AKA Slowhawk - one of the prominent tuners/sponsors/installers here on the board will be installing this turbo kit on 5 Liter Eaters car, which I might add is a very excellent platform to see what this lil turbo kit can do on a modified purpose built FI LS1. So if you have any questions on what this kit is really capable of, RWHP/RWTQ and track time wise give it a month. We will have some reliable, and well tested numbers from a very trusted and well known shop here on tech. I am sure we will be seeing excellent results from Slowhawk and 5 liter, like the current crop of STS owners are currently seeing.
J
Old 09-19-2004, 02:58 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Raymer's kit, the incon kit, not really ITK about supercharger kits, but I'm sure there is one (probably big money though). Of course, you need the fuel system and bottom end to support it, but that goes without saying.
So what you're saying here is that a stock kit means whatever you want to do to the botton end, and what ever you want to do to the fuel system? In that case, ANY FI kit can make 630hp.

BTW, how much does an incon kit cost? And the Raymer kit?

Z98 needs to R>C>P himself.. SWYOP (start with your own posts)... Rarely does your original post match what you claim you were asking about. What is the fixation on 630 hp? I take it back about you being an 'expert' -- most of the experts I've seen at least have a basis they are will to discuss and trade differences with. You strike me as an ULDWDEEEPHOSBHHNTS (uber leet dude who doesnt ever ever ever post his own setup because he has nothing to show).

Step up or step off. Not everyone can hang out up on the porch.

Last edited by TurboBerserker; 09-19-2004 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Attn: STS owners and supporters