Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Yep I dont know JACK!!!!

LMFAO

Mike

lets see there margarita mike, your last name is hutto or some **** you have a race weight of 3515 your cam only /stall/ no2 car that goes low low 10's according to you. So why so interested in turbo crap? You just take the easy route with nitrous a stall and some big *** tires. Oh and you work at a track also right? That makes you the man I guess. Also 50% of your posts are either locked or **** talking. You werent hugged enough as a child. But you do have some knowledge Im interested in. Whats a good tequila for a pure margarita and I dont want some cheap mix **** either. Thanks and you the man!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5-liter-eater
margarita mike

Now why is PSJ and Nine Ball taking so long to ban this turd?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Banned

I think v6 bird is missing the point of the sts turbo. It was designed to be the best bang for the buck. It was built to be affordable, bolt on( takes around 4 to 6 hours to install) and also to be reliable. This is the most affordable, reliable kit out there. You dont have to relocate anything, drill and tap anything it's bolt on. Not recommending this but if someone was to have a problem with their motor and they have this kit all they have to do is unbolt it and take it to the dealership. This kit was not built to be the fastest in the world. It was built for what it is, affordable ,reliable and fun. Dont get me wrong I hope I do blow some numbers away. But if someone that payed $6000 to $8000 on a turbo kit pulls me. I will give him mad props. He deserves it.I will still be happy knowing i payed half of what he did and still pull most people. But personally once everything is in order i think the times will be there.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
V6 BIRD, you are coming off like a true troll. I'm recommending you get banned from this forum. 9 ball/ pro stock john please exterminate him please.
That troll ran a 11.2@118 stock internals. You run what?LMFAO
Old 10-22-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
I apologize for the ******* part...Its natural.

The helpful information is that rear turbos take forever to spool!!!!!!!!! Plus spend money on a turbo kit that is mounted in FRONT. Thanks!

And to the KLRWS6! My tranny is coming out this weekend....Ill fix it put her back in and ask you a Joeformula to run. Please bring a video camera. Cuz your dual stage was definitely not setup right!!!!! Drag yall later!

Mike
Ok so you dont want a rear mounted turbo...whats your point? What do you feel you have to prove by talking down on other peoples car? Looks to me like its a work in progress. Im sure when hes done youll get your *** handed to you in the 6. Everyone might find it amusing that my gf drives a V6 bird also.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
Hey v6 bird, its ok I have video of the my car. And get get your facts straight, I DO NOT have a stall. If you think you can pull me come on and do it. I used to have a 2 stage nitrous setup at 175 shot with this same combo. And at 5 pounds my car is about as strong as both shots. At seven pounds there is no comparison. The turbo is way stronger.If you would like to see the true potential of this car we can meet somewhere if you like. I promise you track and street are two different stories.
I don't think you want to run him on the track. Or on the street.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Unusual T/A
I don't think you want to run him on the track. Or on the street.
please remove his nuts from your mouth, I cant understand what your trying to say thanks.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Ok so you dont want a rear mounted turbo...whats your point? What do you feel you have to prove by talking down on other peoples car? Looks to me like its a work in progress. Im sure when hes done youll get your *** handed to you in the 6. Everyone might find it amusing that my gf drives a V6 bird also.
I can't speak for him. But for the difference between that and the ptk kit it would be worth it the long run to spend the extra money and get a front mount setup with header style logs/manifolds.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think v6 bird is missing the point of the sts turbo. It was designed to be the best bang for the buck. It was built to be affordable, bolt on( takes around 4 to 6 hours to install) and also to be reliable. This is the most affordable, reliable kit out there. You dont have to relocate anything, drill and tap anything it's bolt on. Not recommending this but if someone was to have a problem with their motor and they have this kit all they have to do is unbolt it and take it to the dealership. This kit was not built to be the fastest in the world. It was built for what it is, affordable ,reliable and fun. Dont get me wrong I hope I do blow some numbers away. But if someone that payed $6000 to $8000 on a turbo kit pulls me. I will give him mad props. He deserves it.I will still be happy knowing a payed half of what he did and still pull most people. But personally once everything is in order i think the times will be there.

I understand your thinking but with an upgraded turbo, and everything to run higher boost (ie meth. intercooler) STS is not much less dough. I was quoted around 4500 for the larger turbo with this kit. If you haven't already seen the post, the HP kit is starting at 4995 and I'm willing to bet the PTK will be similarly priced. If this kit is not able to put down numbers close to these kits, I know where I'm going.

That being said, I think that your car has a lot more in it (especially after tuning). WE just need more F-bodies tuning these kits and start pushing the limits. I'm personally more worried about performace, than install time.

SO STS GUY'S, SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!!!!

Later,
Dave
Old 10-22-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think v6 bird is missing the point of the sts turbo. It was designed to be the best bang for the buck.
I agree with you about the bang for your buck concept of the STS. However, this guy also has an Agostino 408. That alone should get him into the low 11's. A local guy here in Detroit ran 11.5x on a 382 with stage one heads and an mti cam on DR's with stock 'verter.

For god's sake, that ARE shortblock cost $7900(according to their website)! That means that he has a $12,000 combo right there. So Although I don't agree with his presentation, V6Bird has a point, albeit poorly delivered. He could have brought his car to MTI, and picked it up with a 500 rwhp 427 package for that.

-Geoff
Old 10-22-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

please remove his nuts from your mouth, I cant understand what your trying to say thanks.
Please leave your sexual fantasies out of this thread. You think his car is slow as **** which is most certainly isn't. He's been one of the fastest out there for sometime. He knows his **** when it comes to ls1's. I'm trying to say that both at the track and the street he will drag the other guy. Can that guy cut low 1.3 60fts? NOPE.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by White_Hawk
I agree with you about the bang for your buck concept of the STS. However, this guy also has an Agostino 408. That alone should get him into the low 11's. A local guy here in Detroit ran 11.5x on a 382 with stage one heads and an mti cam on DR's with stock 'verter.

For god's sake, that ARE shortblock cost $7900(according to their website)! That means that he has a $12,000 combo right there. So Although I don't agree with his presentation, V6Bird has a point, albeit poorly delivered. He could have brought his car to MTI, and picked it up with a 500 rwhp 427 package for that.

-Geoff
its untuned on stock heads, and hes got a stock tranny. The car is totally setup wrong for any application right now.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Please leave your sexual fantasies out of this thread. You think his car is slow as **** which is most certainly isn't. He's been one of the fastest out there for sometime. He knows his **** when it comes to ls1's. I'm trying to say that both at the track and the street he will drag the other guy. Can that guy cut low 1.3 60fts? NOPE.
why you gotta shut me down, im lonely. I never said he was slow? I saw his setup and track times
Old 10-22-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Well after KLRWS6's tune,all he would have to do is run him more than 5 times in a row, by that time V6Bird's bottle would run out To me there is no reason for anyone to crack on anybody's car unless they are just lying about there set-up, and not make a STS bashing post like Mike tried(V6bird) to do. STS system sounds great IMO
Old 10-22-2004, 11:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Guys don' concentrate on ET's. ET's are more influenced by traction and gearing. The HP that the kit is making will be in the mph. With that being said...it looks like the car is making around 420-440rwhp, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Jose
Old 10-22-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

its untuned on stock heads, and hes got a stock tranny. The car is totally setup wrong for any application right now.
I'm waiting for people like you to show what these systems can do. I want to see some NON_STOCK, tuned, 6 speed cars run, at the track and dyno. That's the best way to squash the nay sayers.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SUPER DAVES Z
I'm waiting for people like you to show what these systems can do. I want to see some NON_STOCK, tuned, 6 speed cars run, at the track and dyno. That's the best way to squash the nay sayers.
well untuned mine starts spooling at 1800 and hit 12psi by 3500 which it was promptly shut down as it was spinning out of control and also its untuned and the fmic wasnt on yet. Thats just about done and tuning and dyno will be done next week. We are leaving my SC cam just to see how it does and then decide if we want something different in there. We will know whats up in a few days im sure.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Launching!

That troll ran a 11.2@118 stock internals. You run what?LMFAO
because he runs fast on the track doesn't mean he isn't a jackass.

Everyone please just ignore him. He has no friends leave the poor soul alone

Last edited by af_187; 10-22-2004 at 11:45 AM. Reason: n
Old 10-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned

White hawk your correct if i would have purchased the motor brand new but i got it for $4000.Its still alot of money but i had to jump on that deal. Hopefully next week Sean will get me in next week with a tune and some dyno numbers. We can talk smack all day long, but the only thing that will prove anything is numbers and times.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

well untuned mine starts spooling at 1800 and hit 12psi by 3500 which it was promptly shut down as it was spinning out of control and also its untuned and the fmic wasnt on yet. Thats just about done and tuning and dyno will be done next week. We are leaving my SC cam just to see how it does and then decide if we want something different in there. We will know whats up in a few days im sure.
Looking forward to hearing results!

Quick Reply: More Lame results from STS turbo kit!!!