Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need QMP phone number (not actually trying to get a hold of rob

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need QMP phone number (not actually trying to get a hold of rob

I need to order a replacement part off of the turbo kit so I dont need to speak to Rob. However, their website is down and pending deletion or something so I wondered if anyone had QMP's number on hand or could get it.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Coal Mining Director

QMP is out of business. If it's a pipe part try Stainless Works. Try JZ for anything else. QMP has taken $$ and not delivered parts...beware.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Wow, I didn't know he went out of business. I just thought his website had been hijacked.

Jose
Old 11-08-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck ever getting a hold of them! Qmp = never answers phone or refunds $ for parts
Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know he comes around, this is from is profile: Last Activity: 11-05-2004 03:44 AM
Old 11-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by onfire
QMP is out of business. If it's a pipe part try Stainless Works. Try JZ for anything else. QMP has taken $$ and not delivered parts...beware.

Dang I didnt know they went out of business.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:20 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Didn't know Rob went out of business either, but if it helps, this is the number on record w/ InterNIC for the LS1motorsports.com domain...
(812)256-6400
Old 11-09-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He has, from what I have heard, been battling in court with the company that setup his website, hence the site being non-functional.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Coal Mining Director

Cannibal, did you hear about him taking money for parts and not delivering the parts? Ya have now.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Cannibal, did you hear about him taking money for parts and not delivering the parts? Ya have now.
That's what he's in court over. The company that setup and runs his site is allegedly the one doing that and Rob is allegedly fighting that.

I'm not taking sides, just reporting what I heard. No need to insinuate I'm siding with any party. I have no stock in either parties.

Besides, none of us know exactly what's going on b/c none of us are intimately involved on the other end, so it's just hear-say that we are all reporting (in terms of the exact causative mechanisms going on regarding the accepting of money and non-distribution of parts).

I felt I was adding some constructive information unlike others who just immediately bash or provide their useless opinions.

Last edited by CANNIBAL; 11-10-2004 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
That's what he's in court over. The company that setup and runs his site is allegedly the one doing that and Rob is allegedly fighting that.

I'm not taking sides, just reporting what I heard. No need to insinuate I'm siding with any party. I have no stock in either parties.

Besides, none of us know exactly what's going on b/c none of us are intimately involved on the other end, so it's just hear-say that we are all reporting (in terms of the exact causative mechanisms going on regarding the accepting of money and non-distribution of parts).

I felt I was adding some constructive information unlike others who just immediately bash or provide their useless opinions.
Let me give you some facts to offset YOUR OPINION.

1. Your post above about QMP's struggles with their web provider misleads readers that everthing wrong with QMP is due to their Web Site. This is very misleading. That is not "constructive information"....you're trying to help a friend with some "spin". You may not know the extent of what has happened to multiple cars at QMP and still view them as a friend....that's fine...just be careful with your "constructive information" .

2. I'll make this real simple. I directly paid QMP (not through a web site) for parts. I did not receive parts. That's not opinion....that's a fact my friend.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I and others sent up a red flag about this vendor two years ago. We saw it coming and read right through Rob and his continual excuses and blame lying. I still have a huge number of emails that date back to early 2002.

When this happened some of us were banned, tarred and feathered and ridiculed over the issue. I am over it now but I guess we should take this and other vendor issues as a warning.

When people discuss issues they have on this board with vendors and or other members, perhaps a little thought and measured reply should replace the standard lets rip him a new ******* attack from supporters. In many cases problems do escalate into serious problems.

Examples:
Hennessy
P.A.T
Incon
QMP

Just to name a couple. If I was to search I could easily find many other examples of this situation. So please; In future perhaps we need to be a little less vitriolic and judgmental about taking sides in disputes and find ways to solve them before they become major problems.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Let me give you some facts to offset YOUR OPINION.

1. Your post above about QMP's struggles with their web provider misleads readers that everthing wrong with QMP is due to their Web Site. This is very misleading. That is not "constructive information"....you're trying to help a friend with some "spin". You may not know the extent of what has happened to multiple cars at QMP and still view them as a friend....that's fine...just be careful with your "constructive information" .
We are not on the same page in this post even though we really are, or should be.

Let me explain better.

My original post was the factual recant of what a QMP customer (a friend of mine) directly told me after speaking personally to Mr. Raymer on the telephone. He, too, has been trying to get some things taken care of and this is what Mr. Raymer told my friend, a customer of QMP. That's not opinion. It's assumed by me and my friend that what Rob told my friend is indeed fact. The only way we could say for sure it wasn't fact is if Mr. Raymer admitted that it wasn't.

I have no reason, nor does my friend who is needing something that QMP can provide to him, to "spin" it any other way.

I have never personally met Mr. Raymer so I have no inclination to side with he or QMP.

I viewed my reply as constructive for this reason.

Here's exactly what I said in response to the title of this thread:
Originally Posted by cannibal
He has, from what I have heard, been battling in court with the company that setup his website, hence the site being non-functional.
The title of this thread is asking for help in contacting Rob Raymer. I posted what Rob told my friend, a QMP customer. This information could alleviate some of the distress as to why, at this most recent point in time, it is so difficult to get in touch, verbally with Mr. Raymer. That was my goal of my post. In no way was what I said anything more than neutral. It as a strict recussitation of what Rob Raymer told my friend, a QMP customer.

2. I'll make this real simple. I directly paid QMP (not through a web site) for parts. I did not receive parts. That's not opinion....that's a fact my friend.
That is a FACT. I have no position or reason NOT to believe you. And that is not the proper way to do business. No logical person could argue that by paying for a product and/or service and not being dealt that product and/or service is right, or legal.

No argument there.

You, by default, have a bias in this scenario. You directly paid QMP, not via website, directly paid them, and didn't recieve the parts. Obivously the typical expectations a customer has were not met. You paid for a product/service and did not receive it. Because of this, you're more apt to take non-siding postions, which you percieved my post as (even though it was indeed a neutral position) a non-siding position to you. Thus your responses to me, I perceived as you feeling that I am not believing what you say. That is not the case at all. I have no reason not to believe you and I have no reason to try to discount the wrong that was done to you.

That is not the case at all. I think it is wrong that you, directly paid for parts through QMP, not via online ordering and were not given what you paid for. That is wrong, no way someone can argue against that can be considered logical.

Does that help you understand my standpoint on my original response?

Let me know if I can clarify or explain my original goal of the post I made above.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Coal Mining Director

1. Cannibal, I'm glad that you agree that QMP is wrong by taking money and not delivering parts.

2. Ask your brother about the validity of hearsay evidence.

3.Your quote..." That's what he's in court over. The company that setup and runs his site is allegedly the one doing that and Rob is allegedly fighting that." That's an interesting quote. I don't know of any web hosting sites that receive transaction dollars. The money goes into a bank account controlled by the business, not the web site. It would be helpful to know where that quote originated.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

2. Ask your brother about the validity of hearsay evidence.
It's not my brother. It's a friend of mine, KAOS on the board here. He's the one that spoke personally to Mr. Raymer.

3.Your quote..." That's what he's in court over. The company that setup and runs his site is allegedly the one doing that and Rob is allegedly fighting that." That's an interesting quote. I don't know of any web hosting sites that receive transaction dollars. The money goes into a bank account controlled by the business, not the web site. It would be helpful to know where that quote originated.
I have no idea how web business works so as far as deciphering that quote, I can't. I lack the knowledgebase to do so.

The quote you have in question is "jist" of the conversation that was relayed to me from my friend, KAOS, who spoke to Rob personally on the phone.

Other than that, that's all the info I had.

Again, I was merely trying to help alleviate some possible distress others are having with contacting Rob Raymer by sharing the info I was told.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

1. Cannibal, I'm glad that you agree that QMP is wrong by taking money and not delivering parts.
Any company or person that does that is wrong. No just QMP.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Coal Mining Director

Cannibal, all is good.

I was teasing you a little with No.2....I thought you were in med and bro was legal at UK.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I have no desire to discuss the website issue publicly but I can say that I know what the jist of the issue is.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

John,

Have you ever thought about the liabilities of the censoring of posts by members about shops,tuners and suppliers to "protect them" just to maintain them as site sponsor?

Dave
Old 11-10-2004, 12:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Dave, we have the feedback sections for a reason. And there is a lot of things I do behind the scenes to help try to clear up old deals.

Quick Reply: need QMP phone number (not actually trying to get a hold of rob