Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What happened to all the turbo'd C5's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Cool. A video of an LT1 winning. It's been a while.
I will not argue that it is indeed rare, but it happens none the less.

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Seen LT1's make 750's 10 years ago,...who's doubting?

Unless he was on a sticky tire on the street in that vette(speaking from experience),..he's not going to come close to hooking on the street at that slow of a roll or a dig. Just not gonna happen, regardless of skill.

I'm guessing he was making between 490-550 if it was stock twin turbo'd.

I've got video of the Vette (in car that night) as well. It hooked up better than my Z28 did (I am pushing a bit more power than he is).

Click here to see Video
Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CALL911
I've got video of the Vette (in car that night) as well. It hooked up better than my Z28 did (I am pushing a bit more power than he is).
Hey meow. It hooked up better because it was my first night back in the car with the new power and I was keeping the A/H and TCS on for safety reasons until I got used to the car, thus throttle shutting and timing was being pulled. Shame?? Not quite buddy, I never expected to win in the first place. 100 RWHP is 100 RWHP.

For those that think a TT LS1 is god, not all of them are. My car is no turd by any means (traps 125 on a soft 2.10 launch), but it's really nothing more than a stock motor with some springs, injectors, tuning, and a couple of turbo's. Makes 500/521 to the wheels. Under about 3300-3500 it's nothing more than a stock LS1, it takes a min to get everything spooled up. I'm perfectly happy with it because it's dead reliable, gets 30MPG on the freeway, and will smack around a LOT of cars out there. Do I want more? Sure, it's why I have Patriot CNC'd 317's and a Lingenfelter GT2-3 sitting in the pantry. Just have to get my Single Turbo 93 Trans Am rolling first.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

lol, I was wondering if you'd end up popping in here.

Fastbird speaks the truth, his car is NO slouch. For something that is as reliable, smooth, and quiet as his Vette is, it will still put the smack down on most everything out there (my Formula included). He definatly has a true sleeper car.

Besides, when he gets the heads and cam + the new tune done, I have a feeling his 600+RWHP will be beating my 600 RWHP. I'm confident a re-match will happen then
Old 07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CALL911
lol, I was wondering if you'd end up popping in here.

Fastbird speaks the truth, his car is NO slouch. For something that is as reliable, smooth, and quiet as his Vette is, it will still put the smack down on most everything out there (my Formula included). He definatly has a true sleeper car.

Besides, when he gets the heads and cam + the new tune done, I have a feeling his 600+RWHP will be beating my 600 RWHP. I'm confident a re-match will happen then
I doubt that. Your Z has the advantage of low end TQ from the displacement that'll get it moving a lot faster than me. Now if I could keep traction with the stutter box activated.....we'd have a real race then.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
I doubt that. Your Z has the advantage of low end TQ from the displacement that'll get it moving a lot faster than me. Now if I could keep traction with the stutter box activated.....we'd have a real race then.
I'm sure we'll find out

Quick Reply: What happened to all the turbo'd C5's?