Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

CAS owners past and present UNITE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 07:30 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the better flow the better power. cutouts, get the cheepest exhaust and electric cutouts. thats the way to do it. if you guys were around mass, i have a shop for about 300 they would do a non manderal bent 2.5 true dual with cutouts, then throw a set of electricks on there and your good to go.
think flow! i uncaped my cutouts and got 2-3 more psi and man they where loud as hell. love the turbo sound!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I want to get one of the Mcleod SFI certified bellhousings. Here's a link to an install:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...85#post2282585

Will i have enough room to use this bellhousing? The only concern, apparently, is the driver side. According to the thread, if there is have 1.5 inches of clearance with your stock bellhousing then the Mcleod bellhousing will work. Would anyone that has a CAS kit or that had one be able to tell me if there's at least 1.5" of clearance from the downpipe on the drivers side to the bellhousing? I would really appreciate it.

Greg
Old 01-14-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Need a good breathing exhaust, period...not a 3" "y"....unless dual cut-outs are in the "y" like qtp. With my set up, it was designed for max flow and good deep sound....not loud sound.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:11 AM
8 second mod

My exhaust was a f^%k it, its cheep and it flows good. lol
Old 01-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noyzee
the better flow the better power. cutouts, get the cheepest exhaust and electric cutouts. thats the way to do it. if you guys were around mass, i have a shop for about 300 they would do a non manderal bent 2.5 true dual with cutouts, then throw a set of electricks on there and your good to go.
think flow! i uncaped my cutouts and got 2-3 more psi and man they where loud as hell. love the turbo sound!
Come on don’t you like the PAAAAAAASSSSSTTT sound the n2o makes when you’re purging it? Did you get the lights to make the purge glow in the dark?

Sorry…9.9
Old 01-18-2005, 10:06 AM
8 second mod

hey hey, easy on me now. im still a big FI fan, im working on a turbo kit for my truck. Turbo at heart.
you have to remember, i had one of a very few fast turbo cars back in the day. If i got into turbos now knowing what i know, i would be moving. i had alot of time/money/headaches ect into forced induction. its come a long way, and believe me, i wouldnt doubt if my next setup has a hair drier.
i do like N2O tho, its different, sometimes change is good.
9.9 this year will be no more. low 9's is my goal with the same setup, then i up the shot. hehehe
Old 01-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noyzee
hey hey, easy on me now. im still a big FI fan, im working on a turbo kit for my truck. Turbo at heart.
you have to remember, i had one of a very few fast turbo cars back in the day. If i got into turbos now knowing what i know, i would be moving. i had alot of time/money/headaches ect into forced induction. its come a long way, and believe me, i wouldnt doubt if my next setup has a hair drier.
i do like N2O tho, its different, sometimes change is good.
9.9 this year will be no more. low 9's is my goal with the same setup, then i up the shot. hehehe
Yea, I put a big shot on my 71 BBC, just had to have the same hp #s as the 02 TT SS. But w/ a little elbow grease, I managed to set up a nice adj. setup for probably less then $1000. Not bad for a 100 to 250 adj. setup. w/ elect. opener, 15lb bottle and warmer. Turbo setup was about 15 TIMES THAT. Good luck w/ low 9's, the drive to go a little faster never ends I guess, unless you run a 0.01 in the quarter, Intel then even 4's at 330 are slow for some people.

For drag racing it does make sense, do the math, what car's faster, $15,000 budget 600rwhp.
1. turbo car w/ 15g in motor
2. n2o car, 3000 in n2o & fuel, 12,000 in tires, suspension setup, weight
loss. ect.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:47 AM
8 second mod

i'll tell you, if my turbo kit was capable of 800 then i would still have it. but it wasnt wich means start over.
my n20 setup i thought would be cheep because everyone i know had carb n2o setups. my setup was not. it was cheeper then turbo, but overall more money, its more abuse to the motor wich means pull it and freshen it alot, and its fill bottles, changing plugs ect, but either way, going fast is fun!

Quick Reply: CAS owners past and present UNITE!!!!!