Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed FMIC now available, starting at $425

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phamspeed FMIC now available, starting at $425

We finally got around to getting the FMIC done so here are some pics. There will be two versions, meduim and large. The medium will support a good 800hp and the larger version will support over 1200hp. Here are pics of the larger version.

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC2.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC1.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC4.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC5.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...mic/FMIC11.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin.../fmic/fmic.JPG

Believe it or not, no cutting of the metal bumper was required. As you can see, we made a bracket to bolt to the stock bumper. My aluminum welding is not good so you can expect all welds to look like what's on the core itself, I just didn't want to make the drive for welds no one would see anyways. Core size on this IC is 28x12x3.5, this thing is huge!!

Now on to the medium sized IC.

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...mic/FMIC10.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC6.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC7.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC8.JPG

http://65.254.231.111/picture_hostin...fmic/FMIC9.JPG

Obviously this FMIC requires to cutting of metal bumper. There will be two mounting tabs on each side of the IC. All you will need are nuts, bolts, and bolt spacers. Core size on this is 25x3x10 and has supported 900hp+ in the past.

All intercoolers will come with mounting tabs/plates for an easy install. All will come with 3" inlet/outlet. Here is a price breakdown

Medium FMIC
*25x10x3- $425
*25x10x3.5- $475
*25x12x3- $450
*25x12x3.5- $500

Large FMIC
*28x10x3.5- $600
*28x12x3.5- $650

This is just a introductory price so jump on it if you can I have not updated my site so if you need to purchase, please call us
Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 PM
NKAWTG...N

yey first post! looks good.

now let me speak for all the camaro guys:
where and when do we get ours?

edit: and just so you know u mixed up the numbers on the medium core size, you wrote "25x3x10" which would be an odd lookin intercooler ill give ya that. i believe you meant "25x10x3"
Old 01-16-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

How about something for 1200hp with a Twin turbo setup? Would that be feasible. I like your design a lot and see that it fits up beautifully. Let me know if you can fab up something for a Twin Turbo.

Greg
Old 01-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by disassembled
How about something for 1200hp with a Twin turbo setup? Would that be feasible. I like your design a lot and see that it fits up beautifully. Let me know if you can fab up something for a Twin Turbo.

Greg
If what you're talking about is just a twin inlet, like say add an extra inlet on the driver's side, we can probably do that for the same price
Old 01-17-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok the million dollar question.

what about air flow?

did you do any before and after IAT measurements?

I and a few others I know thought about doing an IC like that but I don't see it being terribly effective as the air flow thru the core will be pretty much non existant with the bumper back there.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

they seem like they are reasonably priced
but
Can i make a suggestion to improve them on my limited knowlege of intercoolers.
move one of the inlets, so that the inlet is on the bottom and the outlet is on the top. if you have both on the bottom the air will be less likely to make use of all that core, so basically you are wasting the amount of core, just adding weight.
also make the endtanks symetrical from top and bottom this will premote better aire flow and less heat increase
/
|
\
Old 01-17-2005, 06:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stoleit
yey first post! looks good.

now let me speak for all the camaro guys:
where and when do we get ours?

edit: and just so you know u mixed up the numbers on the medium core size, you wrote "25x3x10" which would be an odd lookin intercooler ill give ya that. i believe you meant "25x10x3"

These look like they mount up exactly like the way alot of us have them mounted.... up to the front bumper support mounts..... so they IC mount up the same way in both Camaro's and TA's.......

Looks good man..... pay to get them flowed and people will pay the prices you are asking.
Kyle
Old 01-17-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If your IC will mount the same on the Camaro, I won't be buying your kit. On the Camaro, the only way to get air to the FMIC would be to cut the front bumper plastic were the grill is...
Old 01-17-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
they seem like they are reasonably priced
but
Can i make a suggestion to improve them on my limited knowlege of intercoolers.
move one of the inlets, so that the inlet is on the bottom and the outlet is on the top. if you have both on the bottom the air will be less likely to make use of all that core, so basically you are wasting the amount of core, just adding weight.
also make the endtanks symetrical from top and bottom this will premote better aire flow and less heat increase
/
|
\
This seems to make cence to me? I would like to see soem test of flow and IAT as well? I Have an LT1 - I guess it would mount up the same way would it not? I am not sure BUT arent they mostly the same Up front? Lata, Ark
Old 01-17-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Billiumss
If your IC will mount the same on the Camaro, I won't be buying your kit. On the Camaro, the only way to get air to the FMIC would be to cut the front bumper plastic were the grill is...

Sometimes you have to do those things........ I think Camaro's look the best with the front plastic cutout with a FMIC.... you can always buy the Trenz Billit grill and then u dont have the hole.
kyle
Old 01-17-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

sorta kyle - if you look at the pic the bumper is still there. so the IC is up almost against it. now the bumper will act like a wall and prevent air flowing thru it.

i'm sure these will work to some extent but not nearly as well as if you remove the bumper support to allow for air flow.

other problem I see with this is I am guessing there is no way to get any of the foam back behind the bumper? which means imploding bumpers at high speeds. they need as much of that foam support as they can get.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Sometimes you have to do those things........ I think Camaro's look the best with the front plastic cutout with a FMIC.... you can always buy the Trenz Billit grill and then u dont have the hole.
kyle

I'll go to a full out stroker motor before I hack up my front bumper.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bill i dont think FI is for you, you do not have the boost addiction that is required.
an adiction that will make you do anything to your car just to get more.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Those look nice. Nice job. The larger one is friggen huge !
Old 01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
Bill i dont think FI is for you, you do not have the boost addiction that is required.
an adiction that will make you do anything to your car just to get more.
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Personally, I think this is a very promising kit. I wouldnt mind hacking up my bumper...especially when someone looks and see a fmic. Thats a sexy look imo.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

About the blocked flow, just cut out the bumper support directly behind the FMIC so it will allow air to pass through(5inches x 30in depending on core size). About hacking up your bumper support, the bumper support is about 1/8 inch thick...not much protection. So you add a 3-3.5 in thick FMIC core in front of it, well I've seen a supra that hit the wall at well over 115mph(before the 1/8mi mark) and the FMIC took most of the hit. It crushed very well and the driver was able to get out and inspect his now flattened front end(have video of the aftermath of that race). So I tend to think that you are adding protection. I was able to reinstall some of my foam bumper(rated for 5mph bumps and not more than that)
SJH posted pics of his reinstall of the foam, that is where I got the pics from to do it.

Going FI'ed you will have to make compromises depending on how far you want to take it, I'm glad we have companies fufilling our needs like Phamspeed and others.
Thanks.
Jeremy
Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good! I'm amazed at how fast you guys work.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Talked to my supplier and he tells me the bigger core will flow 1600cfm and the smaller will flow 1200cfm. Numbers are not yet comfirmed.

We built these intercoolers for people that don't want to hack up the car. Now if you want an effecient good flowing design, of course you're gonna have to give something to gain. If you need more air flowing through that core, all you have to do is cut the metal bumper behind the IC. If you're worried about hacking, than you can just leave it. I know our design probably isn't the best but it works for both worlds and that was our goal to begin with.

For any of you that needs a different design, just call us. We can certainly build a better kit if you don't mind taking the metal bumper off.

An updated price for the 28x10x3.5 core. Price is now $550 instead of $600.

Also, we can make the inlets and outlets anywhere you need for no additional cost. Just tell us if you need it top, bottom, or center. Dual inlets are also no additional cost to you. We also sell top to bottom cores for any of you that are interested.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by frcefed98
About the blocked flow, just cut out the bumper support directly behind the FMIC so it will allow air to pass through(5inches x 30in depending on core size). About hacking up your bumper support, the bumper support is about 1/8 inch thick...not much protection. So you add a 3-3.5 in thick FMIC core in front of it, well I've seen a supra that hit the wall at well over 115mph(before the 1/8mi mark) and the FMIC took most of the hit. It crushed very well and the driver was able to get out and inspect his now flattened front end(have video of the aftermath of that race). So I tend to think that you are adding protection. I was able to reinstall some of my foam bumper(rated for 5mph bumps and not more than that)
SJH posted pics of his reinstall of the foam, that is where I got the pics from to do it.

Going FI'ed you will have to make compromises depending on how far you want to take it, I'm glad we have companies fufilling our needs like Phamspeed and others.
Thanks.
Jeremy

Thanks you Jeremy!!! Good to know there are some people that appreciate what we do. What I was thinking for people that need more flow but want to keep the bumper is using 2"-3" hole saws and cut about 6-8 holes for the air to flow through. Obviously for best flow just take off the bumper or cut a section off, but not all of us can take that option.

As for replacing the bumper with an IC for impact protection, we agree with you 100%. Just don't know if we can convince everyone of the same. Oh, and the insurance guys probably wouldn't like it as well. Our first thought was to replace the bumper like you mentioned and this would make for a more effecient system and still have impact protection. But then the more we thought about it, the more we knew not everyone was willing to do this. So that's why we came out with the kit we did.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Does the large one fit on a Camaro? I would love to see some pics of the large one mounted on a Camaro with the front grill cut out. Kinda reminds me of a Supra.

Quick Reply: Phamspeed FMIC now available, starting at $425