Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tried to Dyno the STS today BUT had a few glitches?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tried to Dyno the STS today BUT had a few glitches?

I was trying to tune the car today. First thing out the gate was we hade a Messed UP Wide band! Took e few pulls to figure that out!

After that we spend a while longer to figure out that MY fuel system is dying at 5000 RPM's!

Its a NEW Walburo 255 but it is dying when The car hits 5000 rpm's. Its was at 7lbs of boost on a Mustang Dyno.

I was only able to see 400HP @ 5000 rpms with 7lbs of boost.

Once I figure out why the Ugeo is broken and I figure out why my fuel system is dying I will go and try again! I am at a lost as to why the fuel system is falling off? New Pump, Fresh Filter, 42lb injectors - seems like I should be good for the demands of the current set up?

Lata, Ark
Old 02-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arkangel77
I was trying to tune the car today. First thing out the gate was we hade a Messed UP Wide band! Took e few pulls to figure that out!

After that we spend a while longer to figure out that MY fuel system is dying at 5000 RPM's!

Its a NEW Walburo 255 but it is dying when The car hits 5000 rpm's. Its was at 7lbs of boost on a Mustang Dyno.

Once I figure out why the Ugeo is broken and I figure out why my fuel system is dying I will go and try again! I am at a lost as to why the fuel system is falling off? New Pump, Fresh Filter, 42lb injectors - seems like I should be good for the demands of the current set up?

Lata, Ark
Did you get the fuel problem solved? as I have the same problem.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

open the tank back up and make sure the fuel line is securely clamped on tightly to the pump...it might be leaking at high pressure
Old 02-07-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Somthing is definitely wrong. I made 450 with a blower with the same pump and 36 lb'ers.

-Geoff
Old 02-07-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not fixed yet? I plan to go threw the entire system in the near future!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

Lata, Ark
What is it with you people and mustang dyno's I keep seeing all these "I got a dyno blah blah" and it's a mustang dyno

good luck with your fuel problem BTW, It might be your tuning or lack of voltage to the fuel pump, check your wiring.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am getting a Racetronics Hot wire kit soon.

The reason I mentioned the Mustang Dyno is because that's what the tuner had and I figured I would be specific! What's the big deal?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

I am getting a Racetronics Hot wire kit soon.

The reason I mentioned the Mustang Dyno is because that's what the tuner had and I figured I would be specific! What's the big deal?
Mustang Dyno's dyno Lower than Dynojets they use a different algorithum and I believe the vehicle load presented is different than a dynojet

Unless something has changed I know that was accurate 2yrs ago.

It's been debated which one is truly accurate. The Dynojet or the Mustang Dyno.

When I am looking for comparison dyno's for when I get my STS kit, since they mustang dyno's tend to dyno lower, I look for ones that are SAE corrected and performed on a Dynojet

Last edited by CamaroSS_2002; 02-08-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I knew that BUT as I said - thats what MY tuner has so what can I do? That is why I specified Mustang that way folks would know! Thanks, Lata, Ark
Old 02-08-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroSS_2002
Mustang Dyno's dyno Lower than Dynojets they use a different algorithum and I believe the vehicle load presented is different than a dynojet

Unless something has changed I know that was accurate 2yrs ago.

It's been debated which one is truly accurate. The Dynojet or the Mustang Dyno.

When I am looking for comparison dyno's for when I get my STS kit, since they mustang dyno's tend to dyno lower, I look for ones that are SAE corrected and performed on a Dynojet

Dynojet uses a fixed weight drum so if you car weighs more than the drum, which just about all f-body's do it won't be accurate. Dynojet has gotten real good at compensating for there inaccuracies in a normally aspirated car, but they don't work worth anything on a turbo car (they work pretty good for superchargers). Since boost and spool are based on load, no load means lazy spool and lower boost than the street. Mustang dynos actually load up the car more like the real thing. Dynojets also calculate torque and hp from how quickly the drum is accelerating. Mustange dyno measure the torque necessary to turn the drum.

So what does this mean for your dyno numbers and graph. Dynojet will show much higher hp/tq numbers (do to a unrealistic acceleration of the drum) and torque peek is going to be much later when compared to a mustang dyno.

Everyone likes to show the dynojet number becasue they will be 70-100 hp/tq higher than what the dynojet gives.

Gary

Quick Reply: Tried to Dyno the STS today BUT had a few glitches?