Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed is taking a beating on local forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 04:26 PM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please link them back to this page, and show them they're retarded. The statement above about everybody being an expert on the internet is so true... They built Jigs, if it doesn't fit, it'll get replaced... Go whine about something else. You can't beat this for the $ by a longshot.

-Andy
Old 02-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Also for better quality, changes are frequently being made everyday to our kits. Basically, our kits are getting better and better everyday as we make them. If you've seen the very first manifold we made compared to the ones shown recently, you can tell we've gotten a hell of alot better at building these. They also look completely different
Old 02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ones on the left are the driver side and the ones on the right are passenger side... i think anyways.... still some inconsistencies but as said, they are custom made, you can't expect them all to be exactly the same. If 1500hp can be made through stock cast manifolds, nothing in the world is wrong with those. Have any of you ever seen a picture of any other header manufacturer with them lined up side by side? Probably not, and if you did i am sure you would see the same type thing. We have parts at work that all get lase cut/bent/welded with the same programs/fixtures, and we still have some that come through that aren't right.... it happens.
I commend Phamspeed for stepping up and pushing a kit out in such a short period... seems the other companies out there can't get anything out to save their lives.

If they would just put their kit on a car and dyno it, get some kind of numbers.. they would sell their kit, no question.
Bottom line is the fabrication on those is excellent and i am sure everyone of those fits just fine.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Phamspeed sells a very nice product at a GREAT price. if I had an f-body, their kit would be on my car. keep up the good work, Phamspeed.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WstSidHomE
As long as they fit, the nay-sayers should STFU. This is an awesome kit at an awesome price, being built buy a guy out of his garage/small shop. Let them try to talk **** about his welding skills.

Actually one of the guys said the kit looks like **** and looks like it was welded by a blind retard. I can tell that these kits are well made but not many people agree.

I attached a word doc of the post copy and pasted as the forum this was on does not allow guests to view threads. I left out some posts that were irrelevant to the thread. I am racerx on that forum.

Greg
Attached Files
File Type: doc
phamspeeddebate.doc (44.5 KB, 281 views)
Old 02-08-2005, 07:28 PM
9 Second Club

What sucks about all this is someone finally makes a kit for F bodies at a good price. And now they get bashed. Hell they even said they are standing behind there product. What more do they want. Its not like these guys are a big shot company.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by disassembled
Actually one of the guys said the kit looks like **** and looks like it was welded by a blind retard. I can tell that these kits are well made but not many people agree.

I attached a word doc of the post copy and pasted as the forum this was on does not allow guests to view threads. I left out some posts that were irrelevant to the thread. I am racerx on that forum.

Greg
Whever made thoes comments probably has never fabricated a damn thing in his life! I have been involved with parts of the fabrication of my car, and I've seen the work that phantomspeed does and its just fine.

They did not set out to make a top of the line bad *** kit, they wanted to keep the kit economical so they average person could afford forced induction for their fbody, and they have done that.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Theey are nice headers and likely to be changed here and there until the kit is perfected. Unbeleiveable keyboard idiots.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally I'm excited to see a new kit hit the market and I wish Phams the best of luck. I think much of the criticism is that we still haven't seen *any* results from the kit. Hopefully soon.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 02-08-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know its funny how just about every kit that comes out for these cars gets bashed. STS gets bashed all the time, PTK kit came out and there was a few bashing it for the price, Phamspeed kit is out now and cheap as hell people are bashing that. I never seen this **** before. Like I said if your not planning on buying it then why bash it? You buy it and it sucks then OK you have the right to bash it tell the truth. But don't be a bitch and sit behind your computer and put someone elses work down if you didn't even try it!!!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
If the manifolds are hand fabricated there is going to be some inconsistency. Does anyone really think that there will be a horsepower difference? Sounds like a bunch of keyboard warriors bashing.
Phil
just saw a picture of your car and couldnt resist are you the guy that challenged DJself ? just cerious if i'm wrong sorry.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Some people just amaze me. They bitch about no F/I systems for our cars, and when a good/cheap one comes out, they bash it. As long as it fits (which it probably will) its all gravy. And I agree...id like to see someone fabricate as good or better than John. As soon as I get the money, Im going to have this kit. It will be fun proving all the doubters wrong.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's plain and simple, people just like to bitch about things they don't have or can't have. Once they have the product it's all of a sudden great.

-Sly
Old 02-08-2005, 10:16 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mdchick
just saw a picture of your car and couldnt resist are you the guy that challenged DJself ? just cerious if i'm wrong sorry.
Actually no. I met DJ at one of the races down @ MIR and we respect each others cars. Coincidentally, we were at the Import VS Domestic race this year and I ended up racing another stroker/direct port nitrous car in the finals of the wild street class. I whored him in the finals and needlessly to say he was pissed off about getting beat by a car with 1/2 the nitrous and 30+ cubes less. Later that night DJ msg'd me about the guy I beat in the finals wanting to race him. It was pretty hilarious.
Phil
Old 02-09-2005, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

I don't post often on this forum but I must jump in.... Phamspeed is 120% committed to customer satisfaction!!!! All of the LS1 kits are mocked up and test fitted on my personal car that I gave them to use for the last couple of months. It is sad to here people trying to put them down when they are breaking a sweat and making jack **** for a profit to try and help all of us F-body LS1 owners. . People need to realize they are here to HELP us out in making FAST CARS DAMN AFFORDABLE !!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Junkie

i may be able to afford FI with those prices. ppl with no actual expericence with making the kits need to
Old 02-09-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I haven't paid attention.. but is this in production yet? Any numbers?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by horist
I haven't paid attention.. but is this in production yet? Any numbers?
Yes it is in production. No numbers yet......wanna be the first? Give him a call.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by disassembled
Hey guys i made a post on a local board linking it to phamspeeds post of their $3400 price of their turbo kits so anyone interested would possibly buy. A few of the guys didn't like the kit and pointed out something interesting about the consistency of the kits. I don't mean to call out Phamspeed but an explanation would be nice about the pic attached below.

Greg
What forum? Hopefully some people are setting these turdburglers straight!! If not some of us need to go to this "Local Forum" and defend what phamspeed is doing for the turbo f-body community.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Phamspeed looks like they have a very well made kit to me. If it works well then shut up. Making stuff by hand is hard. We're talking about manifolds here, not something needing ultra precision like cylinder boring "yeah number 1 is about 4.020" and number 3 is around 3.950"... no biggie"

If I didn't live in cali I'd probably get that kit over the STS. The STS is so easy to remove if I have problems smoging it... plus it "suppose" to get CARB approved so even better. Those guys are just ridiculous...

Quick Reply: Phamspeed is taking a beating on local forum