Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

CAS twin turbo + AP Engineering forged short block

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAS twin turbo + AP Engineering forged short block

Power numbers are in my sig. Brought the car home Sunday and had a chance to get it on a more FRIENDLY dyno tonight. Car has a base tune in her. Still has the intercooler that came with the kit. That is the next project. Huge thanks to Nick, Chris, Mike and the rest of the crew at AP. I know I wasn't the easiest person to deal with. Car feels awesome, and strong N/A. My goal is around 18psi and a 9sec time slip. Special thanks to Nick for his personal attention and keeping me in the loop for the 10 or so weeks it was at AP. Chris feel free to post graphs I faxed you this evening. Angelo
Old 02-23-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good numbers....... APE does great work....... damn a 81hp increase on a dynojet...... damn. Is this a 6 speed?? what reaend?? If you like you can pimp the APE sig banner.... i know everyone else has been coping my sig pic and using it...
Kyle
Old 02-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
good numbers....... APE does great work....... damn a 81hp increase on a dynojet...... damn. Is this a 6 speed?? what reaend?? If you like you can pimp the APE sig banner.... i know everyone else has been coping my sig pic and using it...
Kyle
Yes car is a M6. Strange 12 bolt w/ 3:73 gears.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Nice.

Are you saying you did 580rwph mustang dyno and 661 dynojet 248 with no changes?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Nice.

Are you saying you did 580rwph mustang dyno and 661 dynojet 248 with no changes?
Yes, no change in tune, boost or gas.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Nice.

There are a few things to consider here that may have a effect on the dyno differences. The motor is fresh and had very little time on it when we dyno'd it on our Mustang. Angelo drove it home from our shop to his, say 600 miles or something like that. So it did have a chance to seat the rings a little better and break in. That could have a little effect on the HP numbers, not a lot but I bet a little.
Also locally to us we have done the differences in dyno jet to Mustang, the Dyno jet always put's down more power. Generally a minimum of 35-40hp difference. It also seems the more power you make the wider the spread is between the two dyno's. Angelo's car is making good power and that is another reason the two dyno's have a big spread.

Angelo, I will get the graph's up tonight. The one you faxed is pretty tough to read but I will post it. Thanks for the business, it was a fun car to work on!

Thanks
Old 02-24-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

dont be too flattered a dee o, nick gives his personal attention to any male who walks in the door. however when i visited with my POA he barely glanced at her ***** once. form your own ideas from this hahaha
Old 02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Yah I have never seen back/back Mustang vs Dynojet dynoing results before... thanks guys.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
dont be too flattered a dee o, nick gives his personal attention to any male who walks in the door. however when i visited with my POA he barely glanced at her ***** once. form your own ideas from this hahaha
Its Dr. Nick to you
Old 02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

dam very nice i hope to be around that hp range by summer, w/ pretty much the same setup
Old 02-24-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick@AP-Engineering
Its Dr. Nick to you

oh im sorry ms. dr. nick. wont happen again.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

The difference in dyno numbers comes from the difference in the dynos themselves. 95% of Mustang dynos are Eddy current, steady state dynos. I believe they also have 1 water brake steady state dyno and 1 inertia dyno model. DynoJet on the other hand, uses 99% inertia dynos but I believe they have one steady state dyno available in the form of either Eddy current or water brake. Some say that an inertia dyno is not a good tool because it does not accurately reflect the load the car normally sees (ie. a fixed weight roller). It is also hard to tune anything other than WOT on an inertia dyno.

IMPO, if you are just looking for a way to judge your performance, either dyno is fine because you can keep returning to that same one and see the relative increase or decrease in performance your most recent mods made. With most dynos offering wide-band O2, you can get a pretty good idea of your engine's state of tune as well. However, tuning part throttle is much better and easier on a steady state dyno.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Banned

Sounds like your the one with the problem. This thread has nothing to do with that.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:00 PM
9 Second Club

i did back to back dynojet/mustang
471/542 mustang
518/592 dynojet
Old 02-25-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As an example, APEs Mustang has ITSOVR4U's vette at600 rw and 1 hour later it did 640 on a dyno jet (if I recall correctly).

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
There are a few things to consider here that may have a effect on the dyno differences. The motor is fresh and had very little time on it when we dyno'd it on our Mustang. Angelo drove it home from our shop to his, say 600 miles or something like that. So it did have a chance to seat the rings a little better and break in. That could have a little effect on the HP numbers, not a lot but I bet a little.
Also locally to us we have done the differences in dyno jet to Mustang, the Dyno jet always put's down more power. Generally a minimum of 35-40hp difference. It also seems the more power you make the wider the spread is between the two dyno's. Angelo's car is making good power and that is another reason the two dyno's have a big spread.

Angelo, I will get the graph's up tonight. The one you faxed is pretty tough to read but I will post it. Thanks for the business, it was a fun car to work on!

Thanks
Old 02-25-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Junkie

I also got a boost of about 50 hp when comparing Mustang to Dynojet #s.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jammer
As an example, APEs Mustang has ITSOVR4U's vette at600 rw and 1 hour later it did 640 on a dyno jet (if I recall correctly).

Pretty sure you are correct there Jay. 40-50hp gain it was as I recall.

At that power level 50hp difference is not un-common, and as Chris stated earlier the newness of A DEE O's motor at time of dyno played some role in the power increase I'm sure. After the ride from Detroit to Chicago the rings had more time to seal and seat themselves.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A DEE O
Sounds like your the one with the problem. This thread has nothing to do with that.

Come on now I can't have two members of Team APE Chicago Chapter yapping at eachother.

Your both big turbo guys from Chicago, have a hug!!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

...so i was driving around and ended up in michigan some how. just to see a junk box camaro drivin around. decided to take a couple pics, enjoy.

AQM Racing in '05

Old 03-02-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok the pics were goin good....... then they stopped with no under the hood pics...... baddddd...... need more....
Kyle

Quick Reply: CAS twin turbo + AP Engineering forged short block