Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pics - Duke's Blue Vodoo

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
I thought I heard someone say it looked like a paint job from a "Ranger Bass Boat"...............just what I heard. Meaning lot's of flake, like they paint those boats, very nice car though. Should be very, very, very fast. Well ahead of the rest of us!!

wow..... FISH-ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a catch..... or the one to catch this yr huh??? So what your saying is its the black car just painted............
Kyle
Old 03-16-2005, 08:37 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the front shock towers in the factory location? Looks like you cut out the inner fenders there. Any alterations to the front of the car. Again, can someone tell me if you all back halfed the car or just made alterations to the subframe to incorp a 4 link setup.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mongse
VFN is doing all their stuff in carbon now if that's what you're looking for. Hoods, bumpers, deck lids, etc...if they made it in glass, they can make it in carbon now.
So you're saying I can get all those same body parts on that car in Carbon to replace the ones on my Vert? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....................
Old 03-16-2005, 10:10 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

What about coupes??
Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just checked out VFN's site. They do have that rear bumper with the wheelie bar cutout for sale on it.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Are the front shock towers in the factory location? Looks like you cut out the inner fenders there. Any alterations to the front of the car. Again, can someone tell me if you all back halfed the car or just made alterations to the subframe to incorp a 4 link setup.
i think its backhaved.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:51 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
So you're saying I can get all those same body parts on that car in Carbon to replace the ones on my Vert? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....................
Yup. From VFN's board for a stock style 98 Firebird hood...
The price on a pin on version would be $650.00 and the bolt on $850.00. These are prices for the cosmetic style - that style that people can see the c/f material.
Because of the different resin and method used to make the cosmetic c/f products - compared to the methods using on our lightweight c/f products (which would need to be painted), the weight difference is not as significant. The weight on a pin on cosmetic hood would be around 8-10lbs and on the bolt on it would weigh in around 18-10lbs.
What Francisco told me @ the Drag Expo back in January was take the fiberglass price and double it for carbon fiber.
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/carbonfiberstore.htm
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/Lexan%20Windows.htm

Last edited by mongse; 03-17-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
I thought I heard someone say it looked like a paint job from a "Ranger Bass Boat"...............just what I heard. Meaning lot's of flake, like they paint those boats, very nice car though. Should be very, very, very fast. Well ahead of the rest of us!!

Dude, what the hell... do you and harlan have your panties on today?? I'll say it... ThE CAR LOOKS LIKE A BASS BOAT!!! Not everyone has to like the color he choose. I Like the color, makes it that much eaiser for all of us to see IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR!!! (not joking either)

I think the only thing im worried about is having to stage harlan against Ron duke...... am I allowed to stage him with the rear tires too??? Or is that an advantage Ron gives himself??

Stenod
Old 03-17-2005, 10:29 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

He'll have to run in the "Back Half-Kinda-Like-a-Street car" class at the EFI nationals! LOL. Again, cool car, even with 4 link.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by STENOD
Dude, what the hell... do you and harlan have your panties on today?? I'll say it... ThE CAR LOOKS LIKE A BASS BOAT!!! Not everyone has to like the color he choose. I Like the color, makes it that much eaiser for all of us to see IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR!!! (not joking either)

I think the only thing im worried about is having to stage harlan against Ron duke...... am I allowed to stage him with the rear tires too??? Or is that an advantage Ron gives himself??

Stenod

LOL @ Joe.

At least someone had the nuts to say it.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:50 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Harlan v Duke: Hmm, so they have setup a back half, semi-street car, sorta like an LS1, class? Great, I'm in.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Gary, are you guys going to be at any of the Outlaw 10.50 races this year with that car?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:26 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
Gary, are you guys going to be at any of the Outlaw 10.50 races this year with that car?

I hope they can get faster than 7.94 though...I think you'll need 6.90s-7.00s all year with the way the wick got turned up @ the end of last year. BTW, I thought Harlan was on a stock style TQ Arm suspension.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow! I saw the Bass-boat up close, too. It's a joke. Still, even with GMHTP and PHR, there's nothing solid that shows a seven-second pass.

So Hardcore is showing a gay paint job and a slip with no backup or visual proof?

So, why is this a thread?

SC-
Old 03-17-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SS00Blue
Wow! I saw the Bass-boat up close, too. It's a joke. Still, even with GMHTP and PHR, there's nothing solid that shows a seven-second pass.

So Hardcore is showing a gay paint job and a slip with no backup or visual proof?

SC-

DAMN.......................
Old 03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

I think the smack talk has begun officially Do we all hear a match race in the future?? Battle of the 4th gens @ Indy, July 2005. Any takers?? Where's Don King when you need him.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS00Blue

SC-
they should have proof!!!
they got a guy follow them around everywhere with video cameras all day...
or atleast they did all weekend at VMP for the spring opener...
everything they have is prolly on tape... maybe they just dont wanna show it.

maybe their camera guy forgot to video when they ran 7's
Old 03-17-2005, 08:00 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by dobe
they should have proof!!!
they got a guy follow them around everywhere with video cameras all day...
or atleast they did all weekend at VMP for the spring opener...
everything they have is prolly on tape... maybe they just dont wanna show it.

maybe their camera guy forgot to video when they ran 7's

Ok, I know what you're gonna say when I say this "but it was in a car mag and we all know that they lie." True, but what the hell was in it for PHR when they wrote this short? Probably not much. Unless Hardcore gives them full banner ads in that mag. along with other kick backs and what not, but like I said PHR has really gone AWAY from drag racing, including the NSCA, NMRA, NMCA, Fun Ford, ect sanctioning bodies that are out there. Hell...I don't even think they wrote up the first 10.5 into the 6s, HotRod did though! Sorry I started this thread now. Thought that I was giving credit where credit was due.

Edit, the other thread.

Last edited by sb427f-car; 03-17-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:08 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by STENOD

Stenod
That a boy!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Banned

the jealousy and envy in this thread kills me...if you havn't run what they have then you should kiss their ***. i'll laugh my *** off when Duke blow harluns doors off, 4 link or not....it'll be great. i bet duke would be willing to put up some big $$ to see if you can hang with either of his cars harlan, or any of the other guys talkin smack here.

Quick Reply: Pics - Duke's Blue Vodoo