Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe if you fix it yourself Phamspeed will give a alternator bracket for free
Old 04-09-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope it does, this thread with my other thread with 8 grand worth of views and the great mods here and I'm sure i'll have a new DP with an alternator bracket thrown in FO FREE for all the hacking i've done, and for the money spent on coating the DP time and labor hassle etc...etc..
If not, well then that'll suck that this happened to an LS1 FI veteran.
J
Old 04-09-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
Maybe if you fix it yourself Phamspeed will give a alternator bracket for free

ha ha you beat me to it, no I should'nt have to fix it myself, its clearly visible that my DP is a lot different than yours. Mine is missing some pieces. I'll pay shipping both ways from your house to my house to borrow yours to see how much better it fits just to prove my point.
J

Last edited by frcefed98; 04-09-2005 at 08:18 PM. Reason: 'nt
Old 04-09-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frcefed98
an LS1 FI veteran.
J

To much of this Jer..........
Kyle
Old 04-09-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exactly Buddy Exactly.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sure that will get taken care of, but that ground clearance isn't gonna cut it.....that other DP looks like it would work out a lot better its a lot different in the middle and at the very end.....two KEY points
Old 04-09-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Bos! Glad to see you still are around on the FI board...you belong here...now go order a turbo kit for that Vette of yours
Yeah you can see those two points are way different than mine. Glad to see you agree on that.
J
Old 04-09-2005, 08:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,144 Likes on 744 Posts

Well you only posted this today so I'm sure you will hear from him between now and Monday. Some folks don't work 7 days a week.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know I will hear from him, never questioned that?? But I use this forum as a tool. I posted for Johns help directly. I posted pics of what I'm talking about, got advice from a few "bystanders" and some great pics of Hellraisers GT42 downpipe for a good comparo. Glad I did post and glad a few responded especially hellraiser, now I can't be told "you have the same one as everyone else"...Right? See PSJ the board works great this way. You can really save a lot of time/hassle and $$ in long distance phone calls to get a problem solved. For me the problem is solved, I have a DP that isn't made correctly, now all I'm waiting for is the fix....whether it comes today or monday is no biggie but that it comes quickly and correctly is all that matters now.

Edit, and now you are aware of this lil sponsor/customer problem too
J
Old 04-09-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hang in there buddy. You deserve the rewards of a turbo'd LS1.

Hope all turns out well.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

I never post here in the FI section, but I have been following your install of the Phamspeed kit....

That downpipe definately has some missing parts. I'm not certain that the standard one would work all that well either though. Why can't you get some circular to tubular adapters to go under the K member to get better clearance? Dr. Gas has some adapters to go from the circular to the tubular piping while having the same cross sectional area. Just a thought after seeing how close the pipe is going to be to the ground.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chino_man279
I never post here in the FI section, but I have been following your install of the Phamspeed kit....

That downpipe definately has some missing parts. I'm not certain that the standard one would work all that well either though. Why can't you get some circular to tubular adapters to go under the K member to get better clearance? Dr. Gas has some adapters to go from the circular to the tubular piping while having the same cross sectional area. Just a thought after seeing how close the pipe is going to be to the ground.

He thought of that......but he wanted to see how it could get resolved through phamspeed first.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:16 AM
IMD
Banned

couldnt a simple phone call, and some emails solved this?
Old 04-10-2005, 01:41 AM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works perfect, it was on the road tonight as a matter of fact.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Definitely a difference in those two downpipes.. I'm sure you'll get straightened out though

NOTHING like what we went through tonight on ZAngel's car though. Clearance problems with EVERYTHING I ended up saying the heck with it, slotted the motor mount holes in the BMR K-member, and slid the motor to the passenger side about 1/2" Now I have all the clearance I need...
Old 04-10-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 496 Likes on 346 Posts

I don't deal with any of the front mount turbo vendors on this board personally, because none seem to make a kit for my gto, and none made a kit for my silverado until after I put a blower on it, but I remember several threads where the vendors responded immediately to people bashing their kits. Why has this guy had a problem posted all day with no response from the vendor? It seems his problem could be resolved very quickly and quietly with one response from the company that he purchased from.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gametech
I don't deal with any of the front mount turbo vendors on this board personally, because none seem to make a kit for my gto, and none made a kit for my silverado until after I put a blower on it, but I remember several threads where the vendors responded immediately to people bashing their kits. Why has this guy had a problem posted all day with no response from the vendor? It seems his problem could be resolved very quickly and quietly with one response from the company that he purchased from.
Well it could be that today is Saturday and quite possibly they are closed. It also seems that it could be resolved quickly and quietly with a PM, email or phonecall.

It was a mistake and I'm sure Phamspeed is going to take care of it the second they hear about it. As was said before, I doubt they spend every waking hour on the internet and do have lives on the weekends. It was a problem posted today and will no doubt be fixed as soon as the vendor hears about it.

You make it sound like he's been trying to call them for weeks and they've been ignoring him.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 496 Likes on 346 Posts

I never intended to make it sound like this guy has had a long time problem, I just thought it seemed curious that I see replies to flames about products almost instantly, but sometimes helpful resolutions to problems seem to take longer. Also keep in mind that if you are the guy who just had his weekend project turned into a big question mark because of a bad pipe, a few hours can be a really big deal. Like I stated before, I DO NOT deal with the company that he purchased from I DO NOT have any ill will toward them. I merely made an observational comment about the situation at hand.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Hope it does, this thread with my other thread with 8 grand worth of views and the great mods here and I'm sure i'll have a new DP with an alternator bracket thrown in FO FREE for all the hacking i've done, and for the money spent on coating the DP time and labor hassle etc...etc..
If not, well then that'll suck that this happened to an LS1 FI veteran.
J
You have some real class getting on here and making these statements without letting john try and fix them. Everyone wants a nice cheap turbo kit for an LS1 but damn it better bolt right up or they get pissed. way to support phamspeed. John has always got right back to me so why not pm him or call him and then post if he could not help you. it is not like this is the 100th kit. they are still learning to. and i see that your down pipe is very different and i would be a little up set to but you handled this the wrong way, a simple call would have been the first thing to do.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

heres one for comparison sake, Slowhawk got it about a week ago from them
Attached Thumbnails Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP-dsc01972.jpg  

Quick Reply: Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP