Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
I don't deal with any of the front mount turbo vendors on this board personally, because none seem to make a kit for my gto, and none made a kit for my silverado until after I put a blower on it, but I remember several threads where the vendors responded immediately to people bashing their kits. Why has this guy had a problem posted all day with no response from the vendor? It seems his problem could be resolved very quickly and quietly with one response from the company that he purchased from.
I think Phamspeed hasn't seen this yet other wise they would of responded. They will fix the problem just have to give them a chance. I am sure they don't check this board that much only when they have time and my guess is they don't have much of that.
Originally Posted by BLWNZ
You have some real class getting on here and making these statements without letting john try and fix them. Everyone wants a nice cheap turbo kit for an LS1 but damn it better bolt right up or they get pissed. way to support phamspeed. John has always got right back to me so why not pm him or call him and then post if he could not help you. it is not like this is the 100th kit. they are still learning to. and i see that your down pipe is very different and i would be a little up set to but you handled this the wrong way, a simple call would have been the first thing to do.
Come on he's just upset from some of the setbacks he had so far. He went from a SC running great to having problems getting the car back on the road. Hes just venting alittle.
Originally Posted by PurEvl
heres one for comparison sake, Slowhawk got it about a week ago from them
Yours looks the same as frcefed98's

Last edited by HellRaiser; 04-10-2005 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
I think Phamspeed hasn't seen this yet other wise they would of responded. They will fix the problem just have to give them a chance. I am sure they don't check this board that much only when they have time and my guess is they don't have much of that.

Come on he's just upset from some of the setbacks he had so far. He went from a SC running great to having problems getting the car back on the road. Hes just venting alittle.

Yours looks the same as frcefed98's
i dont even consider it venting,i think he has every right to post,its not like he made the thread for flaming,he made the thread to ask for help LIKE HE STATED IN THE TITLE!like none of them ever got frustrated b4,why wouldnt he want some comparision.youd think that after how hes been NICE enough to go step by step through his kit install to help future kit owners out,everyone wouldn be a lil more sympathetic to him.damn,i hate when people all of a sudden apprear with an attitude and post.Hang in there frcefed,you been nice enough to help us so we should be nice enough to help you any way we can.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ddnspider
i dont even consider it venting,i think he has every right to post,its not like he made the thread for flaming,he made the thread to ask for help LIKE HE STATED IN THE TITLE!like none of them ever got frustrated b4,why wouldnt he want some comparision.youd think that after how hes been NICE enough to go step by step through his kit install to help future kit owners out,everyone wouldn be a lil more sympathetic to him.damn,i hate when people all of a sudden apprear with an attitude and post.Hang in there frcefed,you been nice enough to help us so we should be nice enough to help you any way we can.
It is fine to want to compare but it could of been done in a better manor
In fact i wish someone was doing the twin kit right now besides me
so i would not have had to spend so much time learning the easiest route by the way the por coating turned out great.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:16 AM
9 Second Club

yea looks like that dp could deffinately tuck up more.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:28 AM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLWNZ
It is fine to want to compare but it could of been done in a better manor
I agree 100%, I feel posting something like this is a last resort.

The work is quality, and I'm not just speaking out of my ***...
I have no doubt that John will resolve the issue, no questions asked.
Terrific guy to deal with.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

ive also been talking to john about a kit for me and i do agree that he is very nice to deal with.but if you look at frcefeds first post he was honesly asking for help,it only may have started to get a lil flamy when others jumped in,if they are infact closed on sat then how was he supposed to contact then,in a pm you cant send all those pics and captions and such.this was simply the easiest way to contact him showing whats wrong and asking for help and comparisions.maybe it got a bit outta of hand but it had good intentions.end of story
Old 04-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Fiery Features Director

Isn't the whole point of this site for use of technical problems and advice? He purchased a turbo kit and ran into some obvious problems. How is hiding these problems going to help anyone else? He didn't come here bashing the sponsor. He is frustrated and trust me... I can understand his frustration! He needs answers as to what he can do to make all this work. He was unaware that he received the wrong item (which is one thing that this post helped him to figure out). I see nothing wrong with him making this post.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zangel
Isn't the whole point of this site for use of technical problems and advice? He purchased a turbo kit and ran into some obvious problems. How is hiding these problems going to help anyone else? He didn't come here bashing the sponsor. He is frustrated and trust me... I can understand his frustration! He needs answers as to what he can do to make all this work. He was unaware that he received the wrong item (which is one thing that this post helped him to figure out). I see nothing wrong with him making this post.
Exactly........... I support ya Jer....... You have the right to be ..Im sure you will get it all worked out..... it just sucks when things are going smooth and you run into snags when you dont expect it.
Kyle
Old 04-10-2005, 02:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Exactly........... I support ya Jer....... You have the right to be ..Im sure you will get it all worked out..... it just sucks when things are going smooth and you run into snags when you dont expect it.
Kyle
thats the whole point
Old 04-10-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zangel
Thanks Tiffany you took the words right out of my mouth

Wow, Blwnz(Dear Abbey) Get a life bro. I stated on the first page that I AM NOT FLAMING PHAMSPEED AT ALL. Go back and read it. But Tiffany stated it best. I'm not angry just a little frustrated and just a lil set back at this point. I posted up merely asking for help. I expect a sponsor to react to direct posts for help immediately if it involves their product and MY MONEY. This is my daily driver and I NEED TO GET IT BACK ON THE ROAD ALREADY. See it from my shoes, no instructions or pics to go by when installing this kit....not really a biggie. Had to hack my BMR k member up...not very safe and really troublesome. My passenger side header is less than half an inch from the pass side fenderwell. No biggie, fixed em both. Coated my parts myself, costed time and money, got the rest up, DP doesn't look like it fits right, coating on that part is toast if I have to modify it..money wasted. I post up asking for help.

I paid a lot of money for this kit and frankly expected a few snags like anything made for these cars(also stated above) BUT...I also expect a sponsor to take care of the customer ASAP. I stated that I use these forums as a tool, if I would have called on my dime to Phamspeed, it would have gone back and forth and the end result would have been "post pics to see what you're talking about" or "you got the same DP as everyone else"....when frankly I didn't.

I know John@phamspeed frequents this board all the time and if you want to know when he was on here last just click on his screen name and you will see that he was on here TODAY AT 12:10 PM. I didn't get a PM from him or a response to my post...am I mad....not even in the slightest...for all I know he can be bolting up a DP on a car to see what in the hell I'm talking about etc etc. He'll respond though, Phamspeeds customer service has been alright so I'm not too worried.

Is asking for a alternator bracket for free for the trouble too much to ask?? I think not, it should have been sent to me and hellraiser at no cost when they made one up not asked for 50 bucks more...it should be part of the kit PERIOD...it is now that they raised the price of the kit. I think I covered that expense with these set backs already. If they can't honor that, no biggie, 50 bucks is on the way then, because I need that bracket regardless. It never hurts to ask or imply it though

I manage a small company and if a customer has a problem over the weekend(my days off) it is recorded and left for me on monday, I take care of them by replacing said bad product(especially if they left proof) and issuing them a certificate giving them a free product(s) of whatever they want for the amount they spent last, on their next return....it works wonders for business and my customers rarely leave unhappy and I have a great customer retention rate. I'm easy to make happy. I ask for help, and if I get it I'm happy.

I'm a good guy and that is reflected in my posts, and in my many write ups on what I do. I just want to help other LS1 F body owners that chose the same path and to give em a heads up on any snags that they might be facing. I did this with my ATI install, SDCE install, FMIC install, and now my GT42 install.
I see you bought a Phamspeed kit, I hope you don't run into any snags and all goes well, but if you do, I hope you can get it resolved in PM's they suck to use in my experience and I hate calling LD and talking on the phone in general..but thats a personal pet peeve of mine. I prefer to do things more directly and these forums serve that purpose for me.

I've pretty much praised phamspeed from the first time they showed up on the board and I followed up on my promise to buy a kit from them, now they need to follow up on the customer service aspect of the deal that comes with ANY PURCHASE. I expect a sponsor to help me as fast if not faster than it took my money to line their pockets...which is always PDQ. They didn't have to wait for my money, why should I have to wait for their help?

This is a public forum, sponsors get praised, parts makers get praised, and if something goes wrong with something i'd hope it is made public for the other consumers out there to know about, especially if they are considering to purchase a product from said sponsors....it helps to know that the issues got resolved and you are not suprised with something when your purchase is being bolted up to the car. FAST Throttle body for example.

Now back on topic, if the DP fits that way no matter the style I have then I'll have to remedy it myself or live with it...but I won't know that until I have some direct feedback from phamspeed.

Sorry for the long sentences and lots of comas...tends to happen when I'm trying to explain stuff.

Now save your breath and typing all you crusaders....I am not bashing phamspeed at all, just asking for help on this part of my install.
If you want to tell me some more of your high horse mannerisms write em down and file em in file 13...AKA the trash.
And to all those that are supporting me on my quest for help thanks for seeing as just that....a request for help...nothing more nothing less.
J
Old 04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
And to all those that are supporting me on my quest for help thanks for seeing as just that....a request for help...nothing more nothing less.
J

I got ya brother....

Go have a few and cool off the jets bro.....
It will get taken care of and the project will go on..... Get back out there and away.....
Itll be done soon and you can go it..
Kyle
Old 04-10-2005, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Bravo
Old 04-10-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Well said !!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kyle, wish I could, woke up to snow and now its raining I did cut out a small section of 45 deg SS to add in the DP if this doesn't get taken care of. No for me, I had to take a crap after reading small amount of hate that was thrown my way But trust me, after that post and before that post, my jets were icecold cool

ddnspider
Lingenfelter
Blwnz Its OK, I still like you
Old 04-10-2005, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

right back at ya frcefed
Old 04-10-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok lets all keep this civil.
no bashing each other, if you dont have anything nice to say they dont say it.

hopefully John will get on here and this will be resolved soon.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not bashing anyone Smokin. I let those comments slide off my teflon coated emotions and poked a lil fun back at em. I've done nothing but support Phamspeed, the others have attacked me for asking for direct help. I have no hate for anyone here on the board sponsor or member. We are all good, I have a short term memory so all that is said to try to offend me is shortly forgotten...got bigger things to worry about than e-comments.
J
Old 04-10-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey bro, if you need to use the phone to get an answer, come by here. I have free long distance. Hopefully, they'll get back to you PDQ!

Laters,

Eric
Old 04-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Just because I was logged on does not mean I read this thread. My computer and screen name gets shared by 4-5 people.

I think the main reason you're having all these problems is basically because you have a tubular k-member. Now I don't know if you asked me if it would work when you ordered but if you did, I know I would have told you I didn't know. Here are the things I see

1. You had to grind down the k-member because it is not stock.

2. The kit hangs low because the k-member is not stock. Look at the crossover pipe. It is not suppose to hang that low. Look at the pic!!

3. Dp does not allow for good ground clearance because you do not have a stock k-member. If you are worried about heating up the lines, hell we'll buy you thermal sleeves just so you can get that extra 2" clearance you're missing out on.

It looks like because of the k-member, your kit is having all these problems.

On the dp, we make changes everyday to these kits. The dp is something we don't pay too much attention to as far as length. Reason being customers know from the beginning and has been discussed here that they need to fab or have fab there own pipe from the end of the dp to there catback. So I never would have thought leaving off a 45* angle and a couple inches of piping would upset someone. I mean, if you were going to finish off the rest of the dp yourself, you wouldn't even have known there was extra work to be done.

The dp is pointed to the oil filter because it is not finished. I never would think someone would get pissed bacause the exhaust is not done Now if you had told me you weren't going to run an exhaust, I would have dumped it strait down to the ground.

I wished you would have approahed the situation differently but I guess what's done is done. Your problem seems to be mostly with the k-member.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Is asking for a alternator bracket for free for the trouble too much to ask?? I think not, it should have been sent to me and hellraiser at no cost when they made one up not asked for 50 bucks more...it should be part of the kit PERIOD...it is now that they raised the price of the kit. I think I covered that expense with these set backs already. If they can't honor that, no biggie, 50 bucks is on the way then, because I need that bracket regardless. It never hurts to ask or imply it though
I'm with you on that bro! You shouldn't have to explain yourself to anyone on here bro. It's your money, your car. and your kit. So why whould anyone here have a right to say anything about the issue unless their envolved? You will get this small setback fixed and be on the road ripping car's a new A-hole soon. If it comes down to it taking to long for phamspeed getting you a new DP I will send you mine and Phamspeed can send me a new one!

Quick Reply: Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP