Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 08:18 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98
I know there was one car before me tho....they had the pics of that one up on their site for a while. I'm pretty sure it was a GT42 car?? But other than that one I am the only other GT42 car. Hellraiser has a GT42 too, but he isn't putting his on for awhile.
J

Wonder if Armagedon will see this, he has this kit up and running already.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Ive been watching this thread all day long, and it has been an emotional rollercoaster.

Not what forcefed said, just all the other adding there .02 in. Its almost like the old Rob NAME_REMOVED threads.

Either way, Phamspeed, I sent you a e-mail could you please get back with me when you get a chance
thanks
ed
firebird455@gmail.com
Old 04-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Oh, here are the problem areas I see with the k-member
Attached Thumbnails Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP-dp.jpg   Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP-dp1.jpg  
Old 04-10-2005, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know how I can help Jer
Old 04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1-7
2. The kit hangs low because the k-member is not stock. Look at the crossover pipe. It is not suppose to hang that low. Look at the pic!!
How does the kit hang low because of the k-member? Are saying that his whole engine is sitting lower because of it? The only thing mounted to the k-member is the engine and steering rack. Am I missing something on this?

-Geoff
Old 04-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by White_Hawk
How does the kit hang low because of the k-member? Are saying that his whole engine is sitting lower because of it? The only thing mounted to the k-member is the engine and steering rack. Am I missing something on this?

-Geoff
exactly, the engine looks like it mounts lower. Because the whole turbo kit mounts to the engine, the whole system now hangs low.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh finally we can get something figured out.

K member being the problem? Might be but doubt it. I am open to all things in getting this resolved.
First I'd like to point out the BMR K member retains all the stock mounting points and correct demensions as the stock k member, BUT IT IS PHYSICALLY THINNER DUE TO USING DOM TUBING AND NOT A STAMPED 4 INCH THICK PIECE. That is why there are gaps it is thinner due to the tubing. The Header hit the K member due to it being too far toward the pass side fender well which drops the collector flange right above one of the K member.... If it was the stock K member those gaps wouldn't be there due to the physical size of it.

IF the K member wasn't right my car wouldn't be able to be aligned as the front suspension bolts up to it. All the points are correct and the car is aligned just like stock. Like I said the extra room you see is due to it being DOM tubing and not a huge stamped piece of metal.

I know the DP was unfinished but i'd figure you'd make it a bolt up affair that I'd just have to route exhaust tubing from the cat back foward to it and connect it. Why not just make em all the same like Hellraiser's DP I guarantee that sucker will fit with no problems and give me the clearance I need.

Heatshielding is a given on this project and no you don't have to buy me any. I'm not concerned about the lines...I am concerned with the DP facing the ground. 220'lbs will be going in on the driver side and the "ground clearance" will get smaller ..no doubt.

I thank you for responding but please lets keep focused on the kit and not the K member...its not the problem. My car has retained stock ground clearance with the addition of the K member and i've never had any issues with my headers or any other mods like my S/C because if it. It opens up tons of room due to the fact that it is smaller in every place due to the tubings thickness.

Lets keep the ideas coming and I know we'll work it out. I didn't bash you, but I did ask for your help directly. Thanks for responding now lets get it solved.

sscam68-Frank, will do kinda looks like the direction we were talking about is happening....reason why I cut the 45 deg for the DP already.

69bird, ed far from a RR Turbo Kit thing, I like my kit but just need a lil help in getting this figured out, never said anything bad but need to get this minor problem resolved, I am sorry that some think that I have a problem with Phamspeed when I don't, you guys add fuel to that made up fire.
J
Old 04-10-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by White_Hawk

-Geoff
Geoff EXACTLY you typed this when I was typing my book, its physically smaller than the stock K member but it retains all the factory mounting points and demensions which are critical, if they weren't the same the car couldn't be aligned and nothing would fit right, I gained room for my MAC headers when I installed my BMR K MEMBER, I could remove em from the top and bottom with ease....My ATI PROCHARGER Mounted up just fine and nothing had clearance issues....it bolted to the engine too
The DP simply points down too low...that is all....I need one like Hellraisers which goes AROUND the steering rack and brings the DP piping back up towards the engine VIA a 45 DEG bend thats in the middle of it. Ground clearance would be greater because of that if it were included on mine.
J
Old 04-10-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

FCFED,
I wasnt meaning that you were bashing, infact totally the oppisite, i dont think you begrudge Phamspeed.

I jus wish they e-mail so I can buy some of their products,im sure there busy, with this kind of thing for the price there offering it at i would think they are.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I appologize then, I mis interpreted your post very easy to do on the net....very sorry indeed.
J
Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

exactly, the engine looks like it mounts lower. Because the whole turbo kit mounts to the engine, the whole system now hangs low.
My engine doesn't sit any lower than stock, if it did I would be able to fit a roots blower on there and if that were the case everyone with a BMR K member would be running a roots blower. I have the same height from the top of the intake manifold to the bottom of the cowl that a stocker does....sscam68 want to head to my house for some verification of that? And if it did sit lower I'd would've had clearance issues with my MAC headers which fit a lot nicer with the BMR kmember than they did with the stock K member.

J
Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

not a prob
Old 04-10-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,303 Posts

and thats the way were supposed to resolve arguments!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Rightee O dd, and thats how I'll always resolve em
J
Old 04-10-2005, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Well I measured the bottom of my cowl to the top of the intake as approx 2 5/8", Jer just told me that he measured 2 1/2".
Old 04-10-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

close enough for government work, lol
Old 04-10-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Probably closer to 2 5/8s if I didn't rush it and reading a tape isn't my strong suit...especially in the rain

OK this is embarrassing...here is a pic of what I saw...I can't read a tape for **** The edge of the paper with tape on it is what I got..

I suck
J
Old 04-10-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just because I was logged on does not mean I read this thread. My computer and screen name gets shared by 4-5 people.

I think the main reason you're having all these problems is basically because you have a tubular k-member. Now I don't know if you asked me if it would work when you ordered but if you did, I know I would have told you I didn't know. Here are the things I see

1. You had to grind down the k-member because it is not stock.

2. The kit hangs low because the k-member is not stock. Look at the crossover pipe. It is not suppose to hang that low. Look at the pic!!

3. Dp does not allow for good ground clearance because you do not have a stock k-member. If you are worried about heating up the lines, hell we'll buy you thermal sleeves just so you can get that extra 2" clearance you're missing out on.

It looks like because of the k-member, your kit is having all these problems.

On the dp, we make changes everyday to these kits. The dp is something we don't pay too much attention to as far as length. Reason being customers know from the beginning and has been discussed here that they need to fab or have fab there own pipe from the end of the dp to there catback. So I never would have thought leaving off a 45* angle and a couple inches of piping would upset someone. I mean, if you were going to finish off the rest of the dp yourself, you wouldn't even have known there was extra work to be done.

The dp is pointed to the oil filter because it is not finished. I never would think someone would get pissed bacause the exhaust is not done Now if you had told me you weren't going to run an exhaust, I would have dumped it strait down to the ground.

I wished you would have approahed the situation differently but I guess what's done is done. Your problem seems to be mostly with the k-member.
Hey,

I do see a difference in the d/p you sent the other guy and the one you sent J. I can see how that would be more appropriate for J's application. How about you send him one and he can compare the two and post results. Couldnt get any easier if you ask me. If the second works out, you guys can arrange some type pymt or exchange.

Eric

Last edited by Eric Bazan; 04-10-2005 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

And with that said, I'd have no problem buying from phamspeed again. I just need help with this small issue and we will be set...Phamspeed, I'm truly sorry some negativity has been posted but its minimal compared to the people actually support the both of us. I agree with eric send me one like hellraisers and we'll see how it goes from there if it does fit better than the one I have then bam problem solved, if it fits like the one I have then its a problem elsewhere....it's that simple...tell you what I'll even send you the money for the alternator relocation bracket priority mail who cares if its free or not I need it. But I also need to get this issue resolved and I needed help so I posted up directly as am not the only one having issues with you returning PM's.
J
Old 04-10-2005, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

FWIW

Here is what I measured....<see pic>
Attached Thumbnails Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP-p0001145sm.jpg  

Quick Reply: Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP