Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ssautochrome t70 turbo's

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta say though......... Right now they have a hell of a deal on stainless F- body and C5 long tubes (not that the FI section cares).
Old 08-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^
has anyone tried those.....i come from the 4 cyl crowd, and alot of guys who bought there stainless manifolds, had them crack because they were so thin. Just curious the kind of experiences you guys have with them.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^no it appears that they just entered ebay and new customers will get 50% off if they send in before and after pics of the headers installed.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Teching In

I heard the headers for the dsm's were made from different metals, meaning the flanges and the tubes, so they were expanding at different rates with the heat and the welds were just separating....I dunno how true that is, but I know they were having lots of issues with their headers.
~Tom
Old 08-14-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I come from a small family automotive business background and I can tell you right now that responses to complaints/bad feedback like that are absolutely unacceptable. If one of our vendors had an attitude like this we would definitely stop doing business with them. There is just no excuse for replies like that... they should be taken as an indicator of how they do business, and the level of quality in the products they sell. Clearly these guys don't give a d@mn.

Originally Posted by Armageddon
I got curious and looked through their member feedback. Look at what they said in reply to a couple of their feedbacks.

had to file complaint until intercooler was shipped out! took over 1 mnth to get
by www.ssautochrome.com: RARE ISOLATED INSTANCE THAT THIS SMALL LITTLE PEA BRAIN DECIDED 2 MAKE PUBLIC F-

Item arrived bent. (use less)Can not get in touch with seller.
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: IT IS A SPRING - ? IT IS " BENDABLE " - BEND IT BACK

Carolina Cross dresser that is mad about the size of his UNIT sells chinese crap
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: Hahahaaa - Inbred - go play with yourself

^wtf?

Total crap no response to emails cheap chinese junk knockoff full of lies F- - -
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: This A Hole has no clue - GO TO SILVA.NET and see the IC KIT - SUPER not CHINESE

No response to email. Purchased immediately and received no positive feedback.
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: Feedback now has been left for your DUMP **** Paid 7/25 -074291335205771 idiot

If I ran a company and I treated customers like this I wouldn't expect to be around very long. Especially when you sell garbage. These people suck hard...

*EDIT I forgot one

turbo boosts at 15 psi not 8 as stated in add did not answer email to address
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: EVER HEAR OF A FRIGGIN BOOST CONTROLLER ?? YOU ARE A F'N INCOMPLETE ABORTION
Old 08-14-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

i got my 24x12x4 fmic from them for under $200, and im about 99% sure its the same as the OBX unit and the unit that is being sold over on turbomustangs.com ...it has xspower cast on the top of the core, but the welds are excellent and the core is a nice peice
Old 08-14-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, I forgot to add. The "T70" turbos being sold on eBay under generic names are NOT T4 frame 70mm turbos. They are a "Super 70 trim" T3 model.... VERY small.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

ah come on those would be great for a honda.

may be a decent turbo for a twin kit as well, of couse with the flue left out
Old 08-14-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i baught 2 band clamp assemblys from them that were 100% stainless (or advertised as). only to get them and the flanges are chromed steel.
JUNK!!
they got 2 bad feedbacks from me and never answered my emails for 2 weeks. untill i left the feedback.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
i baught 2 band clamp assemblys from them that were 100% stainless (or advertised as). only to get them and the flanges are chromed steel.
JUNK!!
they got 2 bad feedbacks from me and never answered my emails for 2 weeks. untill i left the feedback.

i bought those too, but it says in the add that the clamp is the only thing that is 100% stainless

Quick Reply: ssautochrome t70 turbo's