Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ssautochrome t70 turbo's

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ssautochrome t70 turbo's

everyone says that everything they sell is junk, how many of you have bought them, and how did they do for you, pics are worth a thousand words as always, and describe what happened to it if anything, as for me, I have put mine through the ringer, and had no problems with it, although I did blow a head gasket because I tried to use silicone hose to run the waste gate melted it and my gage only goes to 30 psi, oops.

I only want to hear it if it was your experance not well I have this buddy that .... or I hear that .... or everyone else says ....
Old 08-13-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

the problem is that with the buddy that, I hear that, or everyone says has kept most from buying it
Old 08-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Ok, for an explanation on these smilies, please email me for pictures. They will describe much better than I will here.

After 30 miles on the dot, I punch it out of the school parking lot, luckily after showing my whole college class the running project I was to be graded on the week after, and suddenly there is no more boost....did you know that you can't get boost when your compressor housing is in two separate pieces? Yeah, well, when I got to dunkin donuts, I popped the hood lookin around for a coupler that must've come off or something and they were all in good shape. But then my eye catches the turbo, and there's a 1 inch gap between the back half of the compressor housing and the face plate portion and its hanging off only held on by the outlet coupler and pipe. Needless to say this caused the broken half of the housing to fall onto the compressor wheel, destroying it and the bearings. $550 dollars later with a high quality compressor wheel(not one machined from a piece of cheap aluminum), new garrett compressor housing and fresh rebuild, I was back on the road. As far as I am concerned xspower, ssautochrome and stonemountainracing can kiss my effin a**.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the compressor housing was glued down the middle with epoxy, thats why it split.....

~Tom
Old 08-13-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen pictures...they aint perty
Old 08-13-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had one of their T3/T4's that blew seals within 2000 miles
Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know how they can keep selling these things? I havn't heard one good thing about them?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Junk....plain and simple.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look at how many people leave negative feedback... I know the average is 98%, but I've never seen so many negative feedback ratings for one seller in such a short period of time...
Old 08-13-2005, 05:49 PM
...with cheese.

I got curious and looked through their member feedback. Look at what they said in reply to a couple of their feedbacks.

had to file complaint until intercooler was shipped out! took over 1 mnth to get
by www.ssautochrome.com: RARE ISOLATED INSTANCE THAT THIS SMALL LITTLE PEA BRAIN DECIDED 2 MAKE PUBLIC F-

Item arrived bent. (use less)Can not get in touch with seller.
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: IT IS A SPRING - ? IT IS " BENDABLE " - BEND IT BACK

Carolina Cross dresser that is mad about the size of his UNIT sells chinese crap
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: Hahahaaa - Inbred - go play with yourself

^wtf?

Total crap no response to emails cheap chinese junk knockoff full of lies F- - -
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: This A Hole has no clue - GO TO SILVA.NET and see the IC KIT - SUPER not CHINESE

No response to email. Purchased immediately and received no positive feedback.
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: Feedback now has been left for your DUMP **** Paid 7/25 -074291335205771 idiot

If I ran a company and I treated customers like this I wouldn't expect to be around very long. Especially when you sell garbage. These people suck hard...

*EDIT I forgot one

turbo boosts at 15 psi not 8 as stated in add did not answer email to address
Reply by www.ssautochrome.com: EVER HEAR OF A FRIGGIN BOOST CONTROLLER ?? YOU ARE A F'N INCOMPLETE ABORTION
Old 08-13-2005, 05:58 PM
*Suspended Sponsor*

Inferior products. Have personally seen the shattered remains of the glued compressor housings.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
Inferior products. Have personally seen the shattered remains of the glued compressor housings.
There was a differnet type of "SUPER T70" tha did have this problem they used to sell.

I made a thread about how their turbos were crap and one had shaft play and the other had a bad seal a few months ago - but I was wrong.

While there is a mesurable amount of shaft play it is in the thousandths, I was not sure how much was acceptable and after feeling some other turbos that are from big name guys, I found that my turbos are just fine!

They make full boost instantly in my car, from a roll when I punch it im on 9 pounds before I can blink.

I can't see any reason not to buy these units as of right now, they are very cheap (300-350) and seem to hold up ok for me.

If I did have to buy new turbos though I would consider MasterPower T70's
Old 08-13-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You dont buy them and bolt them on. You buy them and go through them and they will be fine. I have a pair of their TO4E's that I blueprinted (debur, quality bearings and seals, balanced ect.) as soon as I got them. Just a couple more dollars. The big names are superior units, but at 4 to 5 times or more the price. Not trying to defend them, I dont really care. I just treat their product as what I would do to a used unit. Whats up with "glued housings"?
Old 08-13-2005, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

I had 2 turbos sent back to them for my turbo ford. I took the 2nd one apart and found a huge burr on the oil inlet side of the turbo. Everything else checked out good so I put it back together. Made 15 psi once and that was it, only drove it about 4 miles. Tore it down again and the in and out play was crazy, the exhaust wheel was hitting the housing. There was about 20 ish people on the turbo ford site that was part of a group purchase that went all bad. I get my stuff from percision turbo and there dealers. I paid 700 shipped for a modded 60-1.
Eric
Old 08-13-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lasershop
You dont buy them and bolt them on. You buy them and go through them and they will be fine. I have a pair of their TO4E's that I blueprinted (debur, quality bearings and seals, balanced ect.) as soon as I got them. Just a couple more dollars. The big names are superior units, but at 4 to 5 times or more the price. Not trying to defend them, I dont really care. I just treat their product as what I would do to a used unit. Whats up with "glued housings"?
like I said I haven't had any problems and I am sure I was harder on it than most people, and I haven't had a problem with them, and about the glued housing that is what I am tring to find out about also.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

another thing, they sold it as a ball bearing turbo, and I have never taken it apart to see, but are they?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whynot
another thing, they sold it as a ball bearing turbo, and I have never taken it apart to see, but are they?
no way...
Old 08-13-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

If i got a turbo though them i would send it off the moment it came in to be rebuilt. Might be a thought.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Just buy PTE....
Old 08-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Teching In

I believe that to advertise the company name, they had their own front facings of the compressor housings casted. Then for some effed up reason they tack weld them together in three spots and epoxy the rest, then paint over it. Its completely rediculous. Whatever, I would just hope that their office/warehouse burns down and they stop ripping people off. :->
Old 08-13-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tdz16
I believe that to advertise the company name, they had their own front facings of the compressor housings casted. Then for some effed up reason they tack weld them together in three spots and epoxy the rest, then paint over it. Its completely rediculous. Whatever, I would just hope that their office/warehouse burns down and they stop ripping people off. :->
I think it should be illegal to promote and sell a product like this. It's poorly made and being passed off in the advertising as being as good as higher priced units, not to mention that an exploding turbo is UNSAFE in my opinion, and could cause much more damage than is worth the risk.

Save up and spend your money on a reputable name. You get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: ssautochrome t70 turbo's