Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any results with the ptk turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005 | 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Default Any results with the ptk turbo kits?

Anyone with ptk turbo kits please respond with what you think of the kit, when it makes full boost, what size motor and turbo you are running, and what kind of power you are making.
Old 08-29-2005 | 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am curious aswell, ttt
Old 08-30-2005 | 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Okay. Is there anyone even running a ptk turbo kit?
Old 08-30-2005 | 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

no one that i know of here, theres some who just recieved theres from months ago...could be awhile for results and install info
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

There is someone who had claimed to had installed one on his car and then offered help to another forum user to install their PTK kit... on a thread I read here a couple of weeks ago. I posted, very humbly for this kind of info. and in addition to others, and those were the last posts on that thread. Might still be around.

Anyway, I wish I could answer your questions. I'm still waiting for mine. If some user here has made the purchase and install with some numbers and comments to offer, feel free to do so...at anytime... don't be scared.

TTT
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

I'm waiting for mine... ordered on June 17. I will post results as soon as it goes in.
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RW99
I'm waiting for mine... ordered on June 17. I will post results as soon as it goes in.

Over a 2.5 month wait???

I REALLY want a turbo, but if I finally ever pick a setup and am told it will be MONTHS.... well...

Hello ATI D1.

Over 2 months is unreasonable.
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frost
Over a 2.5 month wait???

I REALLY want a turbo, but if I finally ever pick a setup and am told it will be MONTHS.... well...

Hello ATI D1.

June 17th... Hmmpf!

I've been waiting more than that!

Oh, who am I kidding!

Yeah, it sucks, but what am I supposed to do?

Soon to be FI: Read this kind of stuff and be very, very informed before you fork over 'dem papers.

As for RW99 and me, what can we do except wait?

Last edited by bboyferal; 08-30-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bboyferal

As for RW99 and me, what can we do except wait?
Well It's convinced me to use my Visa. A charge-back is a WHOLE WORLD easier than getting cash back.
Old 08-30-2005 | 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, that pretty much sucks. I'm not forking over the insane amount of money they want for their kit and still waiting for +3 months. I guess I'm going to have to wait untill Hi-Flo comes out.
Old 08-30-2005 | 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

LSOne: I hear you. Remember, though, there aren't alot of choices. Okay WEREN'T alot of choices when I made my purchase. Even now, in a poll in this section, PTK is still the most praised kit by members.

I couldn't go with Phamspeed because I can't get past its clearance issues. I couldn't go with the TTi Street Kit because I couldn't get past the log-style manifold. The TTi race kit/Tubular headers requires AC deletion. STS, well, I won't go into that. The new High-Flo Kit sounds good, but it wasn't around back in May, and besides, it SOUNDS good. I hope it turns out that way for fellow LS1'ers, but we have yet to see. I don't like waiting, but settling for another kit like the aforementioned ones I like even less. It seems like I have no choice.

For someone starting to research Turbo Kits NOW, I would recommend waiting for what High-Flo does. Don't be in a hurry. When I made my purchase, PTK was the only choice, IMO.

Even now, it's the only choice available for someone who wants to retain all accessories with a big turbo, no log-style header, no battery sent to the trunk, no AC deletion, no clearance issues for lowered cars (lowered Fbod's have enough problems! ), and the turbo under the hood.

Someone here has it installed, and someone here is going to install one I'm almost sure, so...

ttt

Last edited by bboyferal; 08-30-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

The TTi race kit/Tubular headers requires battery relocation
no it does not

The TTi race kit/Tubular headers with the bigger downpipe for a larger turbo
downpipe size does not dictate the turbo size... You can run the ITS - T80 with either the 3 or 3.5" downpipe..the later requires a BMR k-member

BTW : I waited approx 2-3 weeks max for my TTi kit
Old 08-30-2005 | 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MECHAM
no it does not

downpipe size does not dictate the turbo size... You can run the ITS - T80 with either the 3 or 3.5" downpipe..the later requires a BMR k-member

Losing the AC on the "big" kit is the deal-breaker for me, though most who run it can stand to lose AC....
Old 08-30-2005 | 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MECHAM
no it does not

I checked their site, and I edited my post, now, for accuracy. It seems I was misinformed. You lose AC but don't relocate the battery for the Race Kit, and it has nothing to do with the downpipe. Is it the turbo then? What's in the way of the AC?

Daily Driver in Miami = AC is a necessity.

Last edited by bboyferal; 08-30-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

turbo and downpipe.

find yourself a used incon kit or wait to see what the hi flo kits are like. otherwise get a ptk kit.
Old 08-30-2005 | 04:57 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
turbo and downpipe.

find yourself a used incon kit or wait to see what the hi flo kits are like. otherwise get a ptk kit.
used Incons are like for sale like once in a blue moon.....and just food for though im planning on running my dp through the K member on my Phamspeed kit to get max clearance.
Old 08-30-2005 | 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

wherea re you going to run the DP?

hell the Ypipe is larger than the DP isnt it?
Old 08-30-2005 | 05:36 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

havent decided yet but it will get done,and ur right about the Y pipe.i see a few places i can manage it,MIGHT have to relocate a few minor things but guess well c.
Old 08-30-2005 | 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies. I have an Incon kit and am going to sell it for the ptk kit. That is why I asked if anyone had any results with them. My car on pump gas made 608rwhp (9:1comp built bottom end, ls6 intake, and STOCK CYLINDER heads)at only 4,800 rpms(redlines at 6,500) at only 15 pounds of boost tapering off to 12 by redline(crappy boost controller). The tuners wideband took a crap and we couldn't finish tuning the car and I also never adjusted the car to hold 15 pounds to redline(I think I would have hit 650-675rwhp had it held 15 to redline). I am going to be taking the kit off and selling it because I want more than what the kit is capable of.
Old 08-31-2005 | 03:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Over a 2.5 month wait???

Hello ATI D1.

ha ha ha My cars been gone since Jan. It takes a while to get something done right.....

Well It's convinced me to use my Visa. A charge-back is a WHOLE WORLD easier than getting cash back
FYI if the charge is over 60 days then there is nothing you can do about it in most cases...... myself and alot of people know about that one first hand.... look at the whole AP Engineering debackle.....
Just thought ya would like to know......
PTK is pretty close to me and if i hadnt sent my car off i would of went with them..... but i didnt...
Im sure my custom kit from Stenod Performance is going to look and perform alot better....

Kyle

Quick Reply: Any results with the ptk turbo kits?