Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Katrina took my car so bye bye FI ;-( - Arkangel's Farewell

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
I am terribly sorry to hear about your misfortune as well as that of many many others in that area. I have donated to the Red Cross and am going to do something here to help you out as I know what it is like to have your back against the wall. I am going to donate to you a complete hot side to our Hi Flo Turbo Systems "Street Killer" system. I know you may not need it for your car at the moment, but there are many members of this board that would like to purchase it. Our policy is and shall remain that we do not sell just hot parts or cold parts. I would suggest you auction it off or sell it outright and give half to a charitable organization involved in the relief/rescue effort and keep the other half to help get your life back on track. You can reach me at the shop at 1-847-640-7305.

I think it would be an amazing thing if the Owners/Admins of the LSx/LTx boards pulled together to help out the members on each board. Imagine what just $10 would do from each sponsor for just this month.....

Thanks for stepping up to the plate in a major way guys...You're setting an example for everyone....
Old 09-02-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Props to Hi-Flo for what they are doing

so amazing, the admins can take that cash of of their pocket for a little while
Old 09-02-2005, 03:02 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Could we think up a Hurricane Displacement, Relocation, Job Placement forum @ the top of the home page? I am unfortunately in the middel of a bunch of things, and still at my income level, trying to get on my feet from getting done with school, else the Red Cross would have a few bucks. Maybe I can find some loose change in the 'bu to spare. Again, Ark, Godspeed, that's all I could really say earlier today. You will get through this, and ALL of LS1tech is behind you.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

I'm sorry for your losses I couldnt even imagine what you're going through. Along with every1 else. Good luck with everything!

Btw...If you can deal with a car being slower, Colorado is a nice place to live.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Ark,I hope the best for you man. You along with everyone else down there are in my prayers. And Marko I applude you and your company, myself and other members on here will not forget this.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Arkangel77
On a lighter note - Anyone got a reco for me on a nice place to live? Looking for a low chrime - low chance of natural disaster area? At some point our gipsy life style will come to an end and we will settle down somewhere?
Hey, there is always Boise Idaho, great little town with out a lot of crime, no natural disasters here, local quarter mile track, lots of jobs, for the most part friendly people, and you only have to pass emissions if you live in Ada county. think about it, I hear your going to have a set of hot side to throw on your next car, and we could use the help tearing down a few more imports!

Congrats on the hot side by the way, and good luck to you and your whole family.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:36 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we should all follow Marko and help him put his car back together. I'm in for helping. Ark post what kind of work you do, someone will help you find a job. I hear Austin Texas rocks btw.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Az is a very nice place to live, cost of living is quite inexpensive, and plenty of jobs, depending on your background.

Lotsa good racing out here and beautiful weather except during the summer.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hi-Flo Turbo Inc.
I am terribly sorry to hear about your misfortune as well as that of many many others in that area. I have donated to the Red Cross and am going to do something here to help you out as I know what it is like to have your back against the wall. I am going to donate to you a complete hot side to our Hi Flo Turbo Systems "Street Killer" system. I know you may not need it for your car at the moment, but there are many members of this board that would like to purchase it. Our policy is and shall remain that we do not sell just hot parts or cold parts. I would suggest you auction it off or sell it outright and give half to a charitable organization involved in the relief/rescue effort and keep the other half to help get your life back on track. You can reach me at the shop at 1-847-640-7305.

that's awesome man
Old 09-05-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

blood is thicker than water. thank god your family is safe, material possesions can be replaced. I wish you the best of luck!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

sorry to hear about whats goin on there dude. we can only TRY to imagine what its like
Old 09-05-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

sorry to hear such a terrible thing. Hope you can collect yourself, and re-gain most things you have lost!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Guys It's bin crasey - sorry It's bin a few days.

I don’t know where to start? Let me say thanks to each and every one of you for your well wishes and your prayers.

I think I am gona try to stay in the state. I may try to stay within about 100 miles or so of my old house. GOOD News is that I may still have my job. It’s WAY too early to say for sure BUT I work for Folgers Coffee (for 13 years) AND IT SOUNDS LIKE WE WILL BE GOING BACK TO WORK EVENTUALY. The Company is helping us right now so we are better off than others! If they decide to shut this plant down then there is no telling where I will wind up?

Got Me SOM - I have contacted fema already. I have contacted all the insurance companies, Red Cross, LA works, family services and so on.

Let me tell ya Guys. I have an A type personality. Very independent - and proud. Pride goes right out the window in this circumstance. I have almost broke down in tears while eating lunch at a nice restaurant this week. They fed us for free and served us like we were kings. It was touching!!!!!!!!!!!

jonothan - Good Luck man. SO many have lost so much. I agree, gas is ridiculous.

My car is soaking - it would be one thing if the water came in and went out BUT its Just sitting there and rottin. I think its gona be tore up from the floor up!

The government is getting involved but there was so much crap going on its just pitiful. They did not work well together at first and that’s why it got so bad so fast!

Hi-Flo Turbo Inc. - LS1Tech Sponsor > Thank you for the offer. I have NO Idea when I will be in a position to even accept your offer? I will keep your Info and I may even send you a PM. Once things settle I plan try and contact you and I will do what you suggested. I can not begin to thank you enough.

smokinHawk - I agree 100%. It’s sad indeed! How can our own citizens act like such animals! This is the greatest country on earth and we house some of the most deprave criminals ever to sleek around this planet! SAD INDEED!

DetroitZ - Right now I am in Bossier City. I am with a LOT of My Family. We have all bought Campers and me and my Dad are trading in out cars for Diesel Trucks so we can pull them. WE are getting out of the hotels and going to an RV Park close to hear. The RV park is gona let Evacuees stay for free so that’s gona help a LOT! $50 a night adds up FAST! AS for the Job - I am gona give it a little time B4 I give up on my old Job. I think I am gona be able to go back to work there eventually.

allthrotel - YOU ARE RIGHT!

Guys what is really eating me up is that I left everything. AND Everything is just sitting there rotting in that rank water. It’s just killing me! Right now I don’t have much motivation to work on my car, not that I could if I WANTED TO? I am gona see what I can salvage once we are allowed to go back. AGAIN Thank you all very much! I will try to keep you guys posted as I hear new info.

A few of my cousins have gotten time off and are with us now. They will have to go back in a few days. They said it’s starting to get better BUT its gona be Months B4 we can return? My one cousin who is a NOPD cop said to head to Colorado and never look back! He is still down there and every day is one horror story after the next! I am gona have to get off guys. WE are safe and we are just praying and hopping that things get better but who knows how long it will take?

Thanks again to you all. Lata, Cory Cantrell
Old 09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Cory,
Its so good to see your going to make it through this.

I work for Home Depot in Dallas/Ft.Worth area.

I sold about $28,000 worth of generators to your "peers" I meet some great people in those sales. I did all I could to help out, even reduced the price which was strictly forbidden. I am lucky I didnt meet any of the moral filth that is still in NO

Best wishes to you, if there are any small parts you need let me know I have a ton laying around. Not trying to push the issue as you have alot more on your plate
ed
Old 09-06-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Ed - and thanks for helping out the decent home town guys. Dont get yourself in trouble. Like I saids the car is the last thing on my list right now. Lata, CDC
Old 09-06-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

man thats crazy out there. whats even worse is people complaining about the gov. using leathal force. the media needs to show the full story instead of interviews of fatigued people. glad your okay thats a fucked up situation and if i wasnt in korea i would try my hardest to work a humanitarian mission along right next to the gaurd.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep its a bad deal
Old 09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Im really sorry man such a horrible tragedy. Good luck and be strong.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks bro - We gona make it. One way or the other - we gona make it! Lata, CDC
Old 09-07-2005, 01:38 AM
Restricted User

Cory, I own a 3 bdr house in TN, Clarksville (right at bout the border of TN/KY central kind of) if you need to relocate and want a place to stay let me know. The house is being fixed from the irresponsible POS that called himself a tenant, will be done this week or next. But, again, it may be out of your way, but may not. If you need it, pm me or email me, Charlie at cat3n4@gmail.com and I will have the keys waiting for you for as long as you need it. Wish I could help out more my friend. Good luck. FWIW, we get some thunder storms there, but the economy isnt bad at all, lots of good jobs in the area, and good neighborhood.

Charlie

Quick Reply: Katrina took my car so bye bye FI ;-( - Arkangel's Farewell