Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Picture of GroundZero Motorsports new turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
I think the Q-M-P stuff was a little before my time. What's the deal? Or is that a sore subject around here?

yep very sore.............. hell try and post QMP or his realname and see what happens
Old 09-15-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW the old "RR" kit is available (the stainless parts anyway) from Stainless Works. BUT this is nice having the option to go with a tang housing and v-band DP vs. the OC/4-bolt housing used on the SW kit.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
i dont get it. you guys bitch about not having enough kits to make it a competitive market. then someone comes up with a kit (who cares if it is rob's old kit) and you bash the crap out of them. lame fellas.
I am with ya on this. Thats all you guys do is bash just about every kit out there. O well guess you can't make everyone happy?
Old 09-15-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
I am with ya on this. Thats all you guys do is bash just about every kit out there. O well guess you can't make everyone happy?

im not bashing.....
Old 09-15-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually, this kit doesn't look to bad for what my goals are turing out to be with my T/A. Should make a nice street setup without destroying the pipes on a lowered car. Nice job guys, ignore the haters.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
im not bashing.....
I am not saying everyone, just alot of people do it. They want a perfect kit but they want it cheap. Thats not going to happen. You want perfect get the PTK kit or the TTi race kit, yeah you will pay more but you get what you paid for.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Banned

Nice work guys!!! can not wait to see numbers. but i am sure it will be good. it looks to be a Great street kit and boost is boost so numbers should be good
Old 09-15-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

cool, now get my kit, hehe
Old 09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
SSU Moderator

I don't think its a bad design for a moderate street kit. But you guys had better be using some much thicker coated mild steel...especially with the primaries pointing the way they do. Otherwise its the same story of cracked manifolds.

Where is the wastegate and have you tested it on a running car? People have had issues with boost control.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Its not the same as the TTi kit or RR's kit.

The crossover and log are all once peice.

I dont see a WG at all, and they are using a Tang housing

it is a further refinement of an existing product.

I really feel sorry for TTi, their kit has been copied to death now.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would really like to see some pics of how the wastegate is mounted. It looks as though some accesories will have to be relocated as well. Can we get some info on your plans for that?
Old 09-15-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

yeah,
it looks like one of the best iterations of the kit, but just the same old thing
ed
Old 09-15-2005, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good! Could be a future addon once I make my motor a forged 383.

Originally Posted by GroundZero
Here are some pics of our new kits we are offering. As you can see, the driver side is a log style manifold. The passenger side is the stock manifold connected into the driver's side. It's a very tight fit but we were even able to use a tang. exhaust housing. It would have been so easy to use an on-center housing but we decided to put i more hours if we could get better flow and now able to use a V-band connection for the downpipe. All the hot parts are in 304 stainless until it exits the downpipe. From there the heat isn't quite as wild so we used mild steel . And again like our other kits, the exhaust goes all the way back to the catback as you can see.

The turbo kit we are offering is complete with everything you need for the install. It'll even come with new PS line, alt. relocation bracket, idler pulley bracket, all clamps/ hoses, ect. It will be a 100% complete kit.

The cooling fans stay in its stock position as well as AC. The only thing that needs to be relocated is the alt. which we'll supply with a bracket.

Anyways, here are some pics

And here are some prices

Turbo kit- $4000
Turbo kit w/ FMIC- $4425
T76GTS upgrade- $325

Again, these kits come complete with every single piece you need.

Also, we are in the process of installing this on our company Camaro so we should see dyno numbers some time next week.

We are currently taking orders so if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to call.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Id honestly look to another kit, the DESIGN of this kit is inherently flawded.

if the LOG is the right size can work, but isnt the best design. They would be better served comming out with their initial kit with the headers and Y pipe, work it all or most all of it above the K member
Old 09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

photos are digitally altered.. whats up with that?

neat mock up block though.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

summit sells those mock up blocks, all bolt holes are in the mock up
ed
Old 09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
NKAWTG...N

wow your undercuttin TTi's street kit by a hefty amount. Curious to see where the WG will go and what type of FMIC (if any) you go with.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE

neat mock up block though.
I actually just noticed that as i was scrolling down before i got to your post. looks like they actually tried to blend colors too to make it less noticable.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I wonder when someone will develop a cast iron log like that? That would be sweet, as well as durable.

Don't worry about the complainers, these setups have been proven to work just fine. Good price too!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

How big is the X over and the log primaries??
2.5"

BUT this is nice having the option to go with a tang housing and v-band DP vs. the OC/4-bolt housing used on the SW kit
It was hard to work that in but it turned out nice and was well worth it

Thats all you guys do is bash just about every kit out there. O well guess you can't make everyone happy?
This is pretty much true about every product known to man All we know is we have a very nice turbo kit that's on the market for a car not many companies want to make. It's built with the highest standards, highest quality, and priced lower than any other kit on the market.

I am not saying everyone, just alot of people do it. They want a perfect kit but they want it cheap. Thats not going to happen. You want perfect get the PTK kit or the TTi race kit, yeah you will pay more but you get what you paid for.
Even though our kits are cheaper than other companies, our quality is as good if not better than the rest. This kit is comparable to others on the market as far as quality and fitment is concerned. There was alot of hours put into R&R on this kit. We just didn't throw this together. There were days when all we did was scratch our heads. This kit was very well thought out

I would really like to see some pics of how the wastegate is mounted. It looks as though some accesories will have to be relocated as well. Can we get some info on your plans for that?
oucan just barely see the wg in the pics but it is there. Some testing of this kit will be done this weekend or some time durig next week.

if the LOG is the right size can work, but isnt the best design. They would be better served comming out with their initial kit with the headers and Y pipe, work it all or most all of it above the K member
We work with alot of turbo cars here, possibly more than anyother sponser on this site. One thing we have learned is log style manifolds make power, simple as that. In street applications where you're not pushing the engine to its limits, log manfolds make more power than tubular manifolds. Call it crazy but we've seen it way too often. We see people lose power all the time going to a tubular manifold. Losses are very minimal but it still shows log and cast maniifolds make power.

I didn't think that would hae raised a red flag or anything. We just photochopped the pictures a bit before we posted them.