Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New BLOCK and HEADS from World Products !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BLOCK and HEADS from World Products !!!

I just posted this over in the internal engine forum but thought you guys would also be VERY interested in this as well...

I just spoke with a gentleman from World Products regarding their new super beefy LSx block/heads.

WP will be pulling the curtain on their new LSx based block/head(s) at the 2005 SEMA show during the first week of November! He verified the new block WILL have 5 bolts per cylinder instead of 4. Obviously the new block will be heavily reenforced for severe duty usage (eg: BIG BOOST!). It sounds like this new offering will be capable of very large cubic inches, although I'm not sure if it will be offered in an optional tall deck version (my guess is that it will be). Pricing will fall directly in-line with their other block offerings. The 5 bolt/cylinder matching performance heads will be released at the same time and I was told both will be available shortly after SEMA. Obviously current LSx based heads will not work on the 5 bolt/cylinder block so you will need to use the WP heads. I do not know if they are releasing a 4 bolt/cylinder version of the block to use with existing heads, frankly I wasn't interested in that. Sorry no other details, but he did say everything would be public after the first week of Nov. Don't bother contacting World Products before November 7th, they are not releasing any info until after the SEMA show!

Forced induction, N2O, and big ci guys... it really sounds like the World is about to become a MUCH better place!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so...pissed off.....my car fuggin sucks now....and its not even done yet....god dammit
Old 10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

thats going to be awsome, for those like the Ohio boys, and others that are making engine that will need this kind of thing to support the power

one day ill make a damn race setup to use something like this
Old 10-05-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

this would be totaly awsome.
im guessing it will be alumium? and word on that or iron.
wonder if this is the block hardcore has been using?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:00 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Be great for the N20 guys also, if their pricing is along SBC stuff that would be awesome but I wont hold my breath.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats bad ***..... how much do there normal block run $$ wise????
Old 10-05-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Thats bad ***..... how much do there normal block run $$ wise????
I dont know but that damn LS1 tax is going to bite us Id bet. Its not going to cost WP any more to make than the 5.0 or chevy, but Ill bet ours cost more.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69firebird
I dont know but that damn LS1 tax is going to bite us Id bet. Its not going to cost WP any more to make than the 5.0 or chevy, but Ill bet ours cost more.

but remember when turbo kits like hi flo's werent even dreamed of, all factory equipment and yet able to fit a 1500 hp turbo? or when we had nothing but stock cylinder heads to replace our stock heads, now we have multipul after market heads. or when cranks were 3+g, now you can get em for 1000-1500. so even if its pricey, it will come down in time.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome, lets see how fast Kurt and the guys at W2W can go with one of these blocks. Can you guys borrow Casper agian? lol.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Darts iron SBC blocks are ~$2400, and their aluminum SBC blocks are ~$4500

I really don't see the LS1 blocks being any cheaper than their SBC counterparts, and if that is the case, they're not really going to be a realistic option IMO, especially since you have no option but to run their heads with them.

Shawn
Old 10-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Heck, those guys can't get down the track with the power they have now!
Old 10-05-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

It's about time!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1

I really don't see the LS1 blocks being any cheaper than their SBC counterparts, and if that is the case, they're not really going to be a realistic option IMO, especially since you have no option but to run their heads with them.

Shawn

If thats the case..... there not going to be worth it.....at all....... why if W2W proved it can be done in a production block...............
Old 10-05-2005, 06:56 PM
kp
8 Second Club

2400 for a 5 head bolt race car piece is well worth it, you guys are spoiled on 600.00 iron 6.0 blocks

W2W sure could use 5 bolts a cyl if they are pressurizing the cooling system bad enough every pass to need some way of controlling the coolent pressure. Its not going to be the low price leader but it will bring the Gen III to the next level for those willing to pay the price if it works..
Old 10-05-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

KP,
I totally agree, W2W will be jumping on these I would imangine. The only limiting factor I can see is if the heads are not a good design.

Im sure W2W and AllPro could get together and make a head work. 5 bolts per cylinder is nice, but your taking the things that make the LS1 so special, the heads intakes, and other items.

with this kind of setup, you just have the bore dimensions, but the racers will love this
Old 10-05-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kp
2400 for a 5 head bolt race car piece is well worth it, you guys are spoiled on 600.00 iron 6.0 blocks

W2W sure could use 5 bolts a cyl if they are pressurizing the cooling system bad enough every pass to need some way of controlling the coolent pressure. Its not going to be the low price leader but it will bring the Gen III to the next level for those willing to pay the price if it works..

i can see that...... it take time to see just what you said.... "IF" it works.......
Old 10-05-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

World Aluminum Blocks all run 3500, be it a Tall Deck BBC or a Standard deck SBC, from what I understood the LSx block would be about the same price and I was told it had a max displacement of 454ci. I wasn't informed about the 5 bolt heads, I hope they aren't crap because I was very interested in the block...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1

Shawn
Why do you keep saying Dart??? Who's talking about Dart??? WORLD PRODUCTS!

I was told prices will be "inline" with there other products. This means expect the iron to run ~$2000 and aluminum to come in around $3500.

Yes these prices are higher than std. production GM offerings, but look what you're getting... 5 bolts/cylinder and no more warped alloy blocks! Hell, I'd pay an addition $2500 just to know I wouldn't be warping alloy blocks. World's heads in general are nice heads so I'm sure they will flow. I'm sure they would not offer POS heads with this package and they can always be ported! Besides, who gives a **** if the heads flow 10% less (which we don't know), if you can run an additional 10 psi of boost through the 5 bolt/cylinder engine itself! The potential to run much higher cylinder pressures FAR offsets any head deficiencies there MAY be. I'm also sure it would only be a matter of time before someone else offers another aftermarket head for this application.

I'm pumped about this!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:20 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69firebird
KP,
I totally agree, W2W will be jumping on these I would imangine. The only limiting factor I can see is if the heads are not a good design.

Im sure W2W and AllPro could get together and make a head work. 5 bolts per cylinder is nice, but your taking the things that make the LS1 so special, the heads intakes, and other items.

with this kind of setup, you just have the bore dimensions, but the racers will love this
Yup kind of like a BBC vs DRCE or street hemi vs KB. Once you move out of OE blocks and heads you are into real race stuff and the prices will even out with any other 'real' race parts anyhow since its all low volume.

Honestly I dont know how much of a market there will be for high dollar Gen III race stuff with so much SBC and BBC stuff out there already. It has to be rough for the aftermarket when GM comes out with a titanium rodded 500+fwhp dry sumped 427 production motor so how much cooler can that can you get really. Only problem is the $70,000.00 shipping container it comes in

The heads will be the key, but heck if they can just copy a C5R head and add 5 bolts without getting into screwy valve gear/intake manifolds it will be a hit for the true 'LS1' guys.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:22 PM
7 Second Club

We'll be deciding on our combo in the spring

Quick Reply: New BLOCK and HEADS from World Products !!!