Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Doubters....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005 | 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
I think all you ******* who call yourselfs DIY'ers need to shut up... You know the second you start trying to copy the STS kit, you're gonna be right back on this forum asking for advice or how to do something or where to get parts, just like ever other failed attempt.. If your gonna bitch about something, maybe you should swap skirts with your wife and be a homemaker.. If you were a true DIY're, you would have thought of something like this way before someone had the ***** to make it into an actual kit.. All you whiners can
edited to keep the mans thread alive.

Mike
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:00 PM
9 Second Club

Does anyone have any REAL advice on some things that I can do to get more out of this setup? Anyone have questions about this setup?

What benifit do you think I can get by lightening it up some... it is still all street trim... I havent removed a thing.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Not talking **** here, but the only chance of you beating my car is if you prayed to Allah and he came through for you...

You've got a better chance of racing Big Foot and beating him than you do with my car and its setup. Just stating the facts. Not trying to be harsh. Nothing in the world will change my mind to run an STS kit, even if it meant life or death....

Yep...heard that before....and right after was pulling up in 2nd gear even with him, walked past him in 3rd and RAN away from him in 4th...even when he jumped the gun like a little wimp. Please birdy boy...stfu and go bother someone else's post.

(Tired of hearing all these idiots try to hi-jack the guys posts and saying "err..the STS/rearmount kit don't work....errrr" when its been proven over and over and over again it does)
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by longrange4u
Does anyone have any REAL advice on some things that I can do to get more out of this setup? Anyone have questions about this setup?

What benifit do you think I can get by lightening it up some... it is still all street trim... I havent removed a thing.

Yep..get your forged engine along with a rearend and clutch/converter/tranny and crank up the boost with a good tune(hope you have a top notch fuel system) then go out and have fun.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkblueTA
Yep...heard that before....and right after was pulling up in 2nd gear even with him, walked past him in 3rd and RAN away from him in 4th...even when he jumped the gun like a little wimp. Please birdy boy...stfu and go bother someone else's post.

(Tired of hearing all these idiots try to hi-jack the guys posts and saying "err..the STS/rearmount kit don't work....errrr" when its been proven over and over and over again it does)
You're the one chirpin' like a bird... Post some numbers. Sorry but the title of this thread is what? I think that involves the people that think the system is lacking...

Loved the play by play... Got pumped just listening to how you "RAN away from him in 4th"... Forget to mention that it was a civic?
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with the forged engine. I'm doing this now, and I hope it all works out in the end. I am not going to lighten my car up at all...I think there is something to be said for a car that is in full street trim, and can go to the track and run 10's all night long. Just my .02 though.

What are the specs on your cam? Could their be a more optimum cam? I am no cam expert...just trying to throw ideas out there.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:12 PM
9 Second Club

Yep..get your forged engine along with a rearend and clutch/converter/tranny and crank up the boost with a good tune(hope you have a top notch fuel system) then go out and have fun.
Have a built 9" rear end... Carbonfiber Driveshaft... and RAM HD Clutch.... Got all that checked. As for the motor... I would like to have a daily driver 10second car on stock block first.

Once that is established on the STS kit... I will go for a 408 with a larger turbo and see if I can put an STS F-Body in the high 9's!
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:37 PM
9 Second Club

NYSS: Right now I am running the LPE GT-7 cam... My TQ#'s are through the roof (623) so I want to see how it does on a 67 Trim turbo...
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you know what the specs are on the GT-7 cam? Just curious. I want to see how it compares to the cam I have going in soon. I can't remember those specs off the top of my head, but I'll try to find them later.
Old 11-03-2005 | 06:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by paspar2
You're the one chirpin' like a bird... Post some numbers. Sorry but the title of this thread is what? I think that involves the people that think the system is lacking...

Loved the play by play... Got pumped just listening to how you "RAN away from him in 4th"... Forget to mention that it was a civic?

Considering I just got the kit on the car and its in OKC and I'm in CT, little tough to go running it at the track

But don't worry, next year when the season starts up again, I'll get you some numbers. no, it was not a civic, but a favorite v8 car around here...you know...fbody, coming from the same kind of attitude you and bird come across with.
Old 11-03-2005 | 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NYSS Guy
Do you know what the specs are on the GT-7 cam? Just curious. I want to see how it compares to the cam I have going in soon. I can't remember those specs off the top of my head, but I'll try to find them later.

I believe its 208/230 .554/.579 121LSA. Same cam I have in my car.
Old 11-03-2005 | 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

Have a built 9" rear end... Carbonfiber Driveshaft... and RAM HD Clutch.... Got all that checked. As for the motor... I would like to have a daily driver 10second car on stock block first.

Once that is established on the STS kit... I will go for a 408 with a larger turbo and see if I can put an STS F-Body in the high 9's!

Good deal. Just get it tuned and make sure your a/f ratio is 11.0-11.5:1 on the street and you should be good to go then.
Old 11-03-2005 | 07:16 AM
Launching!

awesome times longrange...what kind of 60's were you getting?...what elevation is the track you raced at?
Old 11-03-2005 | 07:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

UNless your car runs 9's@ 138 plus(stock longblock, cam only 200 pills), shut your mouth. Car made 630+rwhp and 890+ ft lbs of torque. Stock rotating assembly as well.

I never said it didnt work. Just that there are better ways and systems for turbos. Yes they function and do build boost. But they are not the most effective systems out there.
Old 11-03-2005 | 07:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by paspar2

LMFAO
Old 11-03-2005 | 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

STS makes good power for what it is, but I still cant get used to the idea of having a turbo in the REAR of the car. If I ever throw a turbo on it will be in the traditional position.
Old 11-03-2005 | 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula 1
What an idiot! I bet 75% of all work on this board was done by performance shops. Not everyone has the knowledge or TIME to mod their ride. Where do you come of shooting down someone who has paid to mod their car and is happy with the outcome. Give me a break.
Your the idiot if you dont have time or the know how ..dont brag let the shop bragg for yah and I have worked as a heavy line tech for 10 years so again
Old 11-03-2005 | 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PurEvl
******* stupidest post i have ever read...please drink bleach asap
LOSERS! you guys come one here and bragg about some else doing your work .. have some respect do it yourself or find another hobby
Old 11-03-2005 | 10:23 AM
Banned

Yeah figure it out yourself! or find another hobby
Old 11-03-2005 | 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Ztwentyeight
LOSERS! you guys come one here and bragg about some else doing your work .. have some respect do it yourself or find another hobby

see that 408 in my sig...ya i built it..nice try cumcricket

Quick Reply: STS Doubters....