Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS turbo , exhaust pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a joke he is... I bought one to see if it works or not, and it does REAL well. Spools like the other front mounts, actually better than some combo's.

Last edited by Public; 11-17-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Public
OMG he "SAW it" at SEMA, what a joke he is... I bought one to see if it works or not, and it does REAL well. Spools like the other front mounts, actually better than some combo's.
I never said that I saw it at SEMA. Re-read my post. Did I ever say it doesn't make power? No.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Wink

Originally Posted by Zombie
Yeah, there is a great idea. Buy a kit that doen't make full boost until redline You'd have to be crazy to do something like that, it's anit-performance.

Talk about lag

here is a hint, go back to CZ28. You'd fit in much better.
Yeah... my F1 has "lag".
Old 11-16-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

To each his own I guess. I have seen these kits installed, in person.

These kits are garbage and you couldn't give me one for free.

Go ahead and slam me for not being an STS leghumper. If I had a "daily driver" LS1 f-body, I would not ruin it by installing an STS kit. I'd stick with a Procharger just based on looks. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little bit of power for the piece of mind of having a better looking and protected (meaning under the hood) power adder.

I'm out...
Old 11-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the STS turbo system is a great idea, for 4th gen camaro's -TA's , if you look at the other turbo kits out thier that install in front under the hood, look at the congested engine bay, hot pips all over ,
ok maybe the turbo is protected a little bit better , but everything else is at risk of melting or evening burning from the hot turbo, pipes and exhaust,

So what if you scrap a pipe once in a while, better that a melted LS1,
OK
Now Lets keep to the topic, i wanted to see pictures of STS owners that fabed up stock looking Exhaust systems, like the Stock SLP Duel, Duel SS exhaust, etc
and if anyone mounted -raised the rear mounted turbo so that it has more ground clearence,
Thank you
Old 11-16-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
To each his own I guess. I have seen these kits installed, in person.
These kits are garbage and you couldn't give me one for free.
So why screw up this thread where someone was looking for info with all your BS? STFU, KTHNX
Old 11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Restricted User

Thank you Zombie
Old 11-16-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

I'll have to take a pic of that car and post it for you.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Launching!

My sts doesnt sts any worse than my mac midlength headers or nose did. Im not concerned about scraping my pipes since i will never intend to go off roading in my Z.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

FYI, here is Exotic Performance's latest STS project (617 whp @ 9psi IIRC). They have done some mods to the system, but it's still basically an STS. The first URL is the thread here, and the second is EPP's site with a ton of pics. HTH.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/397942-617rwhp-mustang-chassis-dyno-sts.html

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=32
Old 11-17-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

OBTW, heed the warning signs:

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Resident

Or just install a Procharger... even smarter.
What is smarter about going with a less-efficient way of making power?? (Super chargers are less efficient). Prochargers sound like your power steering pump is going out or something when the car goes by... Not cool but thats just me.

Just because STS LOOKS like ****, doesnt mean it's the end of the turbo world like you make it sound... Check out the new HI-FLO turbo kit that has the turbo under the hood.. Damn nice setup if you as me. After seeing the HF setup, i wont look at STS again. my .02.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Cant there just be one post about a STS kit without you F%^*ing A holes ruining it . If you dont have any useful input shut the hell up. One of the reasons my post count is so low on this site is because of the constant bashing on each other by people that dont have anyway to feel better about thereselves but by bashing on people through a keyboard. If you dont like the STS kit then why the hell are you in the thread.

Ill tell you what. How about you take your piping and run it from your mouth down to your *** where the **** is supposed to come from!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
i think the STS turbo system is a great idea, for 4th gen camaro's -TA's , if you look at the other turbo kits out thier that install in front under the hood, look at the congested engine bay, hot pips all over ,
ok maybe the turbo is protected a little bit better , but everything else is at risk of melting or evening burning from the hot turbo, pipes and exhaust,

So what if you scrap a pipe once in a while, better that a melted LS1,
OK
Now Lets keep to the topic, i wanted to see pictures of STS owners that fabed up stock looking Exhaust systems, like the Stock SLP Duel, Duel SS exhaust, etc
and if anyone mounted -raised the rear mounted turbo so that it has more ground clearence,
Thank you
NOTHING is gunna melt under the hood unless you are a complete moron. MOving a line 2-3 inches away from a hot turbo is plent ysufficient. The fan shroud won't melt, NOTHING will...

Talk about uninformed.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lrry93
Cant there just be one post about a STS kit without you F%^*ing A holes ruining it . If you dont have any useful input shut the hell up. One of the reasons my post count is so low on this site is because of the constant bashing on each other by people that dont have anyway to feel better about thereselves but by bashing on people through a keyboard. If you dont like the STS kit then why the hell are you in the thread.

Ill tell you what. How about you take your piping and run it from your mouth down to your *** where the **** is supposed to come from!
Man... you guys get all worked up. Relax. It's best for the potential STS buyer to know both the good AND THE BAD. You guys try to make it sound like it's the best thing out there. As a consumer, I like to know everything about a product before I purchase it. I'd hate to purchase something and later say to myself, "Oh... I wouldn't have bought this if I knew about *insert problem* before." But that's just me.

Anything I said in this post is factual and useful... you guys just don't like it. That's ok... you can make me the bad guy.

Oh... by the way. I don't get on this site to "feel better about bashing on people." Not once did I bash. If you actually read this thread, people (including yourself) have bashed me.

I feel just great about myself... I'm a living organ donor.

Mitch
President of One Kidney Racing
Old 11-17-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lrry93

best post yet
Old 11-17-2005, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Man... you guys get all worked up. Relax. It's best for the potential STS buyer to know both the good AND THE BAD.
great, then start your own thread about it if you want. Leave other peoples threads alone. And I highly doubt that you posting your opinions on what the kit looks like could be considered fact...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Restricted User

yes you can melt things under the hood, i have witnessed a 97 LT1 SS melt plastice just from instaling headers without Jet Hot coating.

I guess i am a moron!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 AM
NKAWTG...N

I don't see one picture in this thread...if your not posting up a picture or describing your own STS setup, DON'T LEAVE A REPLY.

NoMoreLS1, if you want to write about your views on the STS, please start a new thread.

Only constructive posts about this original topic from here on.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Quick Reply: STS turbo , exhaust pictures