Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PTK Turbo Kit set-ups, please check in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RW99
Do you run methanol on your STS, by the way?
Direct water-injection lowers IAT's and prolongs engine life... more effective than methanol... No installation or tools necessary. Aim for large puddles on road, and depress accelerator pedal.

STS owners, if you know me, you know I am kidding.

RW99: Are you at stock ride height?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currently I have not turned the meth on.

Just running 7psi with the FMIC on my street tune.

Once I finish up my exhaust I am going to go down to Synergy for a full tune on the Dynapak and see what iti does on 7psi no meth and 10psi with meth. My plan is to create a tune that will do both so I can use my different settings on the boost controller without reflashing.

Right now on my street tune with 7psi it feels real good and realistically thats where the car will be 99% of the time as even with only 7psi it blows the tires away from a roll in 2nd and most of my fun is just 2nd and 3rd gear blasts onto the highway.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bboyferal
No installation or tools necessary. Aim for large puddles on road, and depress accelerator pedal.

That works....

like this

Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Yah, stock height for now. We're going to tune the setup with all my old suspension, get things pretty close to nailed down, and then do the 9" install with a panhard, perhaps relocate the LCA's if necessary, and go to QA1's on the corners. I had visions of setting up the front down about an inch and the back down about a half inch, but i don't know if that's gonna happen now.

So I'll have the PTK all dressed up with nowhere to go while I break in the gears!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Hey Guys,

This is something that we are just now learning about. The most proactive thing that we can do, is to try to get another car into our shop to look into building another peice to replace the first one. And offcourse once a new one is engineered we will build extra ones to send to you guys.

So that takes me to my next point.

If there are any LS1 camaros or firebirds that would like to get into a system at a reduced rate. Give us a call at 210-657-2076 and ask for Dalton. Now this will require you to bring the vehicle to us for the complete install. But you
will save some $$$$$.

I thank you guys for being honest, so that we can refine our systems to be the best that they can.

If anyone has any other questions then feel free to give me a call at the office.

Thanks, Dalton Campbell
Pro Turbo Systems.LLC
210-657-2076.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on my crackberry, so this is a somewhat ezperimental first post...

I think bb said it b4 but... Now what... Us FM guys have the STS users raggin on us? Sad time for FI indeed.

Seriously though, the ONLY thing I really didn't like about the kit was that Pos mitsubishi bypass... ...I mean just look at that little non-flowing plastic turd nugget. Jose says it will be overwhelmed at 10# and looking at it I'd say thatd be pushing yer luck.

I replaced it with a turbosmart BOV vented to atmosphere. Just have to use/make some sort of blockoff plate for the other flange.

Other than that I couldn't be more pleased so far

Last edited by Frost; 12-13-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

I asked Jose about the bypass/BOV question, and he asserted that it would be simpler to tune the bypass setup (as opposed to a BOV rig). I don't know enough (actually, I know absolutely dick) about tuning for a draw-through MAF setup turbo in LS1edit, so I decided to go with the Mitsu "plastic turd nugget" for starters. Hey, that makes it a PTN valve!

Dalton, comments on that bypass valve? Coming from Mitsu, I'd be surprised if the same piece isn't legit for higher boost than V8's would typically run. Or maybe not.

Thanks for staying in contact, by the way. Now someone with a M6 take PTK up on the offer!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn, Texas is too far for me...

Dalton: Thanks for your help, man. Your interest in your products is why your product has its reputation... Always a pleasure talking to you, your job ain't easy.

Frost/RW99/Darren: Thanks for the replies. The BPV is fine for me. Over 10 psi? Ain't happening for me right now anyway... Maybe later. My installer is going to try all his tricks to make this kit fit...reasonably. If he needs to go back to the stock springs, it'll be a sad day for me. F-bod's look so horrible at stock ride heights with 275 40 17 tires. For now, I say crush that freaking pipe as long as it still works.
If you guys figure anything out, let me know. I say at least 3 inches from the ground is acceptable, not preferable, but acceptable for the time being. What a pretty shower of sparks, huh?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by V8_DSM_V8again
That works....

like this

Damn! You called it, man!

That's awesome!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bboyferal

Damn! You called it, man!

That's awesome!

But Cool

Sweet Jump

Crazy Ford Driver

Anyway back on topic

Seriously though, the ONLY thing I really didn't like about the kit was that Pos mitsubishi bypass... ...I mean just look at that little non-flowing plastic turd nugget. Jose says it will be overwhelmed at 10# and looking at it I'd say thatd be pushing yer luck.
Its like the first thing we throw away followed by the T25 series hairdrier turd of a turbo that incon was running at level 1.. Some areas of the domestic turbo aftermarket have alot to learn...

Switching to a GM MAF in BLOW THRU is like the third thing everybody does using a MAFT..

It helps spool by reducing compressor inlet air restriction and alows for just dumping the BOV instead of returning it.

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 12-13-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

The Mitsu Bov work great up to about 12-13 psi and then will bleed open.

We do have the upgraded greddy unit for 240.00

For most street guys the first valve will work great.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Spambell
The Mitsu Bov work great up to about 12-13 psi and then will bleed open.

We do have the upgraded greddy unit for 240.00

For most street guys the first valve will work great.
If you can get them still look for the older metal mitsu valve... OEM for 1994 and earlier DSM's....

Its another one of our "beginner" mods.. It can handle more PSI..

I forgot to add that a blow thru MAF location helps give the ECU a more accurate assesment of intake air temperature... On a draw thru you have the effects of the turbo and an intercooler on the air temp after the measurement is taken... So if your IC heat soaks it will run rich etc...

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 12-14-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Dalton, what about MAF location for your air-to-air kit? Is there a reason to use the MAF way down by the air filter in draw-through?

Or a reason not to go with the MAF in a blow-through post-intercooler location? (while obviously prior to meth injection point)
Old 12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RW99
Yah, stock height for now. We're going to tune the setup with all my old suspension, get things pretty close to nailed down, and then do the 9" install with a panhard, perhaps relocate the LCA's if necessary, and go to QA1's on the corners. I had visions of setting up the front down about an inch and the back down about a half inch, but i don't know if that's gonna happen now.

So I'll have the PTK all dressed up with nowhere to go while I break in the gears!

Update me, please, when you make the final decision on your suspension and how it turned out.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:56 PM
FormerVendor

Spambell...

Whadda ya think:

OR

OR

*cough* *cough* *coughneedupgradedBPV* *cough* -edit- *coughbboyferalsaysIcangeteBoost2* *cough*

....actually all of these plates are available

Last edited by Frost; 12-23-2005 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

The last one should at least get you boost controller if not the BOV.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:16 AM
FormerVendor

*post updated
Old 12-23-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Junkie

NO NO NO, Hey! I didn't say nothing! Don't know what you're talking about!

Old 12-23-2005, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Thats funny, If I saw the car I would have to steal those plates
Old 01-02-2006, 09:06 PM
FormerVendor

**Bump

After an incredibly difficult bought of fighting with , my new mill should be all together and the stock engine should be coming out shortly.

Y2khawk posted some of his 2-steps that he had reworked in the for-sale section of the forum and I was lucky enough to get ahold of one. My tranny may hate me for it, we'll see.

Nossty, BBoyferal, RW99, how are your installs coming along?

Last edited by Frost; 01-04-2006 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: PTK Turbo Kit set-ups, please check in!