Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PTK Turbo Kit set-ups, please check in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren P
I put mine on the front of the oilpan like a vortech supercharger has in its instructions because I could not find a 90 degree drill for free
it has more fall like this also
what size is the fitting, I didnt really see any room there for a 1/2" NPT fitting, but I did see the timing cover was a possible spot but that was higher than the turbo drain.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nickn20
what size is the fitting, I didnt really see any room there for a 1/2" NPT fitting, but I did see the timing cover was a possible spot but that was higher than the turbo drain.
I used a short peice of male to male pipe/tubing whatever it is called and some adapters to change it to -10 AN
Old 01-04-2006, 03:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Thank all you guys for this tremendous input!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frost
How many psi will you pick it up running? You were having the valve springs swapped too right?

Saturday is the day eh.... I'm stoked to hear that, and it's not even mine.
Thanks, man. Yeah, I'm stoked.

8 psi sounds like the final number, and my valve springs are CC918's along with chromoly pushrods.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet.... so if you're picking it up Saturday tuned, will we get dyno #s Friday evening?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal

. BTW, I'm getting a pair of Fuel Rail Covers from Afterthoughtsauto.com delivered this week, too. One corner of the passenger side panel may have to be notched and painted a little bit due to the relocated alternator, but they will look pimp. They are painted MRM, lettered in black, in Trans Am-style laser-cut reading one line "LS1 Turbo" and on another line the stock Vette's lettering "5.7 EFI."
I may have to come down to miami and kill you....ive had a similar custom set of those sitting in my garage waiting for the build for like 6 months!!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Sweet.... so if you're picking it up Saturday tuned, will we get dyno #s Friday evening?
If it's ready to pick up on Saturday, those numbers should be given to me Friday before they close. I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ddnspider
I may have to come down to miami and kill you....ive had a similar custom set of those sitting in my garage waiting for the build for like 6 months!!!!

With so many portions of this project being so HORRIBLY timed and frustrating, it seems this will be the one with actually good timing for me!

Last edited by bboyferal; 01-04-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
If it's ready to pick up on Saturday, those numbers should be given to me Friday before they close. I've got my fingers crossed.
FOURTEEN-THREE KAGILLION GIGAWATTS!!!

Care to make a prediction here XHP @ Xpsi? What the hell, you know you have a number in yer mind, just spit it out
Old 01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

What i dont get is the first car that we did the prototype on had a deep tranny pan and the cross over we made was above it. I talked to spintech
mufflers about their oval piping and I have got that deal setup. I am just waiting for somebody to step up and get a car to me.

You guys have been great. thanks for help and providing all of this information.

Dalton
Old 01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

FOURTEEN-THREE KAGILLION GIGAWATTS!!!

Care to make a prediction here XHP @ Xpsi? What the hell, you know you have a number in yer mind, just spit it out
Well, if I may, I certainly would not be disappointed in seeing what they can do for me with 8 psi... Stock bottom end, stock cam, but no exhaust at all to choke up the turbo... Uh, 532 rwhp?

As long as I join the 500 club.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spambell
What i dont get is the first car that we did the prototype on had a deep tranny pan and the cross over we made was above it. I talked to spintech
mufflers about their oval piping and I have got that deal setup. I am just waiting for somebody to step up and get a car to me.

You guys have been great. thanks for help and providing all of this information.

Dalton
No problem Dalton, we can only make the kit better! I know it would cost more, but do you see it feasable to do the cross over from the passenger side header under the tranny in dual 1.75"-2" in order to save some ground clearance? cross sectional area of dual 1.75" would be about 4.81 q/inches and a 2.5" pipe would be 4.90 sq/inches so I guess the the 1.75" dual wouldn't be ideal as something a tad bigger would, or how about some oval pipe perhaps? just ideas....

Im an idiot and didnt read your post above, haha. what is the thickness of the oval pipe? im guessing it would have to be around 2" x 3"

Did you see my notes above on the alternator bracket and the plate? oil return line? Haven't been able to get a hold of you for a few days now... It would be really nice to get some kind of CNC peice of aluminum made for the alternator and tensioner.

Quick Reply: PTK Turbo Kit set-ups, please check in!