Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo kit do i want the ground zero log style

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Yes, precession, not procession, I goofed the spelling the last time. You still didn't explain the relevance of your interjection..
The relevence was design, weld strength and long term durability... A heli is a vibration monster.

That forum you linked is members only. If this was a project that you were a part of, as you stated, why do I need a forum link for an explanation? .
http://www.copters.com/aero/gyro.html

This would have been better...

The ECU still needs a reference; it doesn't just arbitrarily ramp up. If you use a transducer, then there is no need for such an expensive piece as a standalone ECU; A three dollar microcontroller is much better suited. The second part of the question still stands. Also, what does pulsing a solenoid have to do with the method of output ramping (since you seemed to miss this, I mean the output to the pump, not the unamplifed reference signal)..
Try to convert to peak hold injectors, closed loop wide band or any of the other features of BS3 or the like with the 3 dollar micro-p.. The reference is a high accuracy 5 bar MAP sensor and a GM MAF in blow thru...

Its not like we went to a stand alone just because we needed boost, fuel and IC pump control.. We needed the standalone and later found new uses for its outputs and programable nature..

I think you made the poke at my spelling to divert attention from the fact that you have attempted to express more knowledge of a subject than you have.
No it was'nt a poke at anything.. The other spelling is'nt the same phenomenon... Thats all..

Ha... My knowledge of aviation or of electronics... I have a EE and a masters in computer science in my family.. If I cant figure out the programing or electronics they can.. I got the circuit 95% right on my own. yes they perfected it.. I am pretty good on the cyclic stick however....

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 12-16-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_DSM_V8again
Try to convert to peak hold injectors, closed loop wide band or any of the other features of BS3 or the like with the 3 dollar micro-p.. The reference is a high accuracy 5 bar MAP sensor and a GM MAF in blow thru...

Its not like we went to a stand alone just because we needed boost, fuel and IC pump control.. We needed the standalone and later found new uses for its outputs and programable nature..
But you weren't talking about any of those things, you said:

Originally Posted by V8_DSM_V8again
Then we came up with our own power transistor based fuel pump voltage controller driven by A AEM PWM (pulse width modulation) output.. Kind of like a injector driver like output but lower current... Its the same type of ECU output the GM boost controll uses.

That inspired us to do the same type of electronic black box for the A2W electric pump controller...
Which on further inspection looks more odd.... you assert that an injector's PWM output (which has nothing to do with the ramped DC you feed the pump) EXCEEDS the current consumption of an over-volted fuel pump?

And why take a high quality analog 5 bar MAP and then scale & convert it to a PWM reference which in turn will have to be recovered and rescaled also, rather than just using it's output? Either one would have to be rescaled, it makes no sense. And yes, a 3 dollar micro with that MAP as a reference can ABSOLUTELY control a fuel pump booster. Your post was a about a black box pump booster, not using BS3 to do it for you, and that was what I was addressing. All of this aside, you never answered how you get from your "PWM" reference to a variable/boosted DC output. What is the final output configuration?

Answer or not, I don't want this getting argumentative and already lacks constructivity. I'm out.

Last edited by Frost; 12-16-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

man you are guys getting too deep for me, lol.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Real Quick beat me to it, but a 92 is an LT1. I know because before I got the Z06, I was going to buy a 90 model Corvette which allowed you to get a 6spd, the "new" interior, old exterior (c4 wise), and still be an L98. So, if you wanted to do a 434 based on a Gen I SBC for instance, that'd be a cool year to look at (but I digress). 92 is LT1...
I think a 91 would be the best year. New interior and exterior but the L98 motor. For a second, I thought you meant that you wanted the newer style look but the L98, which would only be the 91, but you must like the older C4 look. I'd love to get another 91 and build up a destroked 400 (388ci) for a sick turbo setup.

As for the turbo set ups, there are different set ups and styles for a reason, if they all were the same, then there really wouldn't be any competition. Sure some may make more power then others, but at what price? A price more then what some people want to pay. If I had the money, i'd get the PTK hot parts kit and do the cold side fabbing myself, their kit is tubular manifolds and keeps the AC, but they are having a crossover tube problem with the M6 right now, so ill have to wait and see how that goes first.

To whoever started this thread, it's kinda gone off topic so much I can't remember who now, get what you want, what you can afford. All the kits out there will make decent power, thats proven, so no matter what you end up with, you'll be better off then where you started and surely impress your friends when you smoke them, be sure to get it on vid and the look of their amazed faces
Old 12-16-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Which on further inspection looks more odd.... you assert that an injector's PWM output (which has nothing to do with the ramped DC you feed the pump) EXCEEDS the current consumption of an over-volted fuel pump?
Its odd because you just are'nt tracking... I was saying that the ECU outputs we used could generate a waveform like that of an injector driver from the ECU but were a lower power level output than the actual injector drivers.. You can drive the boost control solenoid with one directly but thats about it... So we had our waveform but to do PWM based voltage control we had feed it to power transistors to do the job..

And why take a high quality analog 5 bar MAP and then scale & convert it to a PWM reference which in turn will have to be recovered and rescaled also, rather than just using it's output? Either one would have to be rescaled, it makes no sense. And yes, a 3 dollar micro with that MAP as a reference can ABSOLUTELY control a fuel pump booster. Your post was a about a black box pump booster, not using BS3 to do it for you, and that was what I was addressing. All of this aside, you never answered how you get from your "PWM" reference to a variable/boosted DC output. What is the final output configuration?

Answer or not, I don't want this getting argumentative and already lacks constructivity. I'm out.
We did'nt scale or convert jack on the MAP.. A AEM EMS is just like BS3.. Its a standalone.. We just feed its output right to the standalone then based on the inputs the standalone generates a waveform which is fed to our power transistors..

My post WAS about using a standalone to do it. It just can't directly control that much current so we needed to make a circuit to switch the current externally..
Old 12-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camrsz
Ha, thats some funny stuff right there.
Trev your stealth project wont be very stealth cause others we know use this forum and your screen name kinda gives you away.

I think this kit will work for what you want. The thing you should think about the most is.. will you ever want more then this kit can put out?

What other kits have you looked into?
Plus dont comepletely rule out a custom kit.
maybe this is'nt the same trever ha ha ******* your going down!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

i guess the screan name is a give away oops
Old 12-16-2005, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Plus It Says South Saint Paul Dumb ***

Quick Reply: turbo kit do i want the ground zero log style