Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408 and T88 Turbo almost done Now I need a Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 11:24 AM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo@GMRSPEED
We have been tuning for a very long time , GMR is just our official buisness that we started to reach the masses.
I do understand we are the new kids on the block and do not have near the reputation of a W2W or Speed Inc.........yet
BTW Ryan, this was not a stab at you by no means at all bro, just kinda using your post as an example, lol, kinda hard being the new guy, it gets a little fustrating.
No offense taken (and I hope you didnt take any to my post). I was just saying that Jim's experience with high HP turbo cars using HP 2-3-bar been well documented. I didnt realize that you guys had been tuning long before "GMR" started. Im sure the thread starter will go with who he's most comfortable with anyway.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by STEALTH TURBO C5
Any pics of this T-88 turbo kit for the C5 ? I'm curious to see how much was changed in the front end to get it to fit since nobody has done it up to now .
FFHP has a big thread both here and on CF with plenty of pics posted of their prototype GTS-76 system. The T-88 fits in the same location, but the radiator has to be layed down a hair more and aftermarket fans have to be used. It's a nice looking package for the $.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

In no way was I attempting to discredit anyone either, I just like to blow W2W's horn whenever I get a chance. Might say I am a little biased?
Old 03-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Originally Posted by Reckless
In no way was I attempting to discredit anyone either, I just like to blow W2W's horn whenever I get a chance. Might say I am a little biased?
Oh I did not take anything in that way,lol, W2W has a great reputation... we just have to prove ours,
Old 03-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Wet 1]FFHP has a big thread both here and on CF with plenty of pics posted of their prototype GTS-76 system. The T-88 fits in the same location, but the radiator has to be layed down a hair more and aftermarket fans have to be used. It's a nice looking package for the $.[/QUOT

Hey Wet 1 Do I know you ?

You Seem to know alot about my T88 setup. Have you seen my car
Don't think I know you
Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

No Dave, I don't believe we've ever met. I've followed FFHP's single turbo development closely since the start of their single kit. I've talked to Brad a couple times about fitting something larger than a T-88, that's how I know all about your project.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your finished results, best of luck with it!

Scot
Old 03-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wet 1
No Dave, I don't believe we've ever met. I've followed FFHP's single turbo development closely since the start of their single kit. I've talked to Brad a couple times about fitting something larger than a T-88, that's how I know all about your project.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your finished results, best of luck with it!

Scot
Hey Scot
Won't be long now.
I was hoping I would have some pic's posted by now But I can never to take the Camera however it is in my truck now.
So I will try to post some pic's Friday.
Have A Great Day
I need to change My signature Things have changed
Old 03-22-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds great Dave, looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to HiJack your thread but i have a question for Reckless....When i had my car Dyno'd/Tuned at W2W about a year ago maybe...a guy named Kirk did my car...the previous owner of APE...Does he still do Tunes for you guys? or does he mainly to NA setup tunes? as he did my car once at APE with just my cam...then again at your shop (W2W) when i did my heads...he did an AMAZING job...and he also walked me around your shop which was very impressive!

I am going to turbo my car in the near future and was wondering who would tune my car...as i would most certainly go back to you guys! (i live in west bloomfield anyways so it's about a 20 minute drive for me!) I have had two great experiences with kirk and wondered if he does FI tunes as well?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
Not to HiJack your thread but i have a question for Reckless....When i had my car Dyno'd/Tuned at W2W about a year ago maybe...a guy named Kirk did my car...the previous owner of APE...Does he still do Tunes for you guys? or does he mainly to NA setup tunes? as he did my car once at APE with just my cam...then again at your shop (W2W) when i did my heads...he did an AMAZING job...and he also walked me around your shop which was very impressive!

I am going to turbo my car in the near future and was wondering who would tune my car...as i would most certainly go back to you guys! (i live in west bloomfield anyways so it's about a 20 minute drive for me!) I have had two great experiences with kirk and wondered if he does FI tunes as well?
Matt, Kirk is the former partner of Rich, who tunes here now. They were both involved in APE before it was sold to Chris G.

Quick Reply: 408 and T88 Turbo almost done Now I need a Tuner