Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I want budget FORCED INDUCTION! How much for 5-8psi? Procharger or STS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want budget FORCED INDUCTION! How much for 5-8psi? Procharger or STS!

Is it possible to get boosted for under 4k? I would love a procharger kit... heck my father in law is buying one for his 99 f-150 for only 3600.... I dont like the 2 intercoolers... I would rather have a single.....

Can you buy the blower and bracket assembly separate and build a custom procharger kit? some things I dont like about there kit such as the 2 intercoolers and inlet setup...

also I think i am still STS'able due to the fact that I have not gone with "TRUE DUALS" ... I know Billy at Texas Rear Turbos... he is great guy!

so chime in... what do recommend or what did you pay... hopefully this and a 12 bolt are my next mods.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can make it Fast/Reliable/Cheap, choose two.

I bet you could get a used kit of some sort and put it on, but it may not be the most reliable thing to do.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Drewstein
You can make it Fast/Reliable/Cheap, choose two.

I bet you could get a used kit of some sort and put it on, but it may not be the most reliable thing to do.

how much is a used procharger kit... how often do they come to the market?

Like I said.. I would rather pay more for a custom setup than a kit. I need money left over as well to pay for a forged 6.0
Old 04-01-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well "custom" usually means "costs more". Kits are cheaper because they are mass produced which requires less labor and r&d. I also trust the kits more because of the number of people running them. The more people running a particular kit, the more we know about it's strengths and weaknesses.

That said, I bet a good shopper could grap one between $3-4K.

Also if you've been reading up on here, centrifigual SCs are having a tough time on 6.0 motors. They have belt throwing issues from the masive N/A torque. I would suggest a turbo route in that case. And what are you going to do with 1000rwhp anyways? I guess that's another discoussion...
Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

here's a funny story. i was at my local dyno performance shop, while they were dynoing like a 2000 mustange GT. the thing had half hanging off ground effects, three inch tail pipes, and was just plain ruff. he just kept going on about his turbo that he got from ebay or somthing. all it was, WAS A SMALL ELECTRICK FAN, in his air intake baffle. it was laughable, but i kept it in with the guy standing there. they ran it the first time with out the turbo, (it was actually on a switch), and put down like 210 hp. then they turned it on and got 200 hp. he actually lost horsepower. the guys at the dyno shop didnt know what to think, and didnt know how to tell him that he got tooken with that "turbo". so if you really want to go cheap, you can buy an electrick fan, lol... but i highly not recamend it.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

That being said, I have a leaf blower that needs a new spark plug I'll sell you real cheap.

Hey, where'd you get the pic pf that SS??? And is there any more???
Old 04-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Originally Posted by Ric
That being said, I have a leaf blower that needs a new spark plug I'll sell you real cheap.

Hey, where'd you get the pic pf that SS??? And is there any more???
budget FI
Old 04-01-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
budget FI
Doesn't exist, right Javvie?!? Haha

Andy
Old 04-01-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

if you were talking about my sig pic. then i would have to say i dont really know where it came from. my bro downloads a lot of pics, and i just borrowed one.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
budget FI
If you are on that much of a budget, then just stay away from FI. Once you get enough power things start breaking and it turns into a money pit.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

I'd recommend the Procharger for your needs...
Old 04-02-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

When it comes to FI, the only time I hear the word budget, it has "BIG" in front of it. You almost have to jump in the deep end and do it right up front.

Half-Assed = Half Fast.

Jim
Old 04-02-2006, 01:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Even if you did find a kit at that price you still have to get a tune and fuel upgrades....
Old 04-02-2006, 03:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Even if you did find a kit at that price you still have to get a tune and fuel upgrades....
exactly.
you'll spend several hundred more even if you just get a kit.
i do think you can get a front mount setup direct from procharger, but i dont know for sure.
heck, you could ask daniel@sqr about a kit like that, or something similar.

but like these other guys have said its not really a budget deal, you may buy a kit for 3-4k but youll still have more to put into it to get it right.

you get what you pay for...
Old 04-02-2006, 06:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
Is it possible to get boosted for under 4k? I would love a procharger kit... heck my father in law is buying one for his 99 f-150 for only 3600.... I dont like the 2 intercoolers... I would rather have a single.....

Can you buy the blower and bracket assembly separate and build a custom procharger kit? some things I dont like about there kit such as the 2 intercoolers and inlet setup...

also I think i am still STS'able due to the fact that I have not gone with "TRUE DUALS" ... I know Billy at Texas Rear Turbos... he is great guy!

so chime in... what do recommend or what did you pay... hopefully this and a 12 bolt are my next mods.
To beat this dead horse, there is no such thing as "cheap" and "forced induction" in the same sentence. I bought my friends lightly used STS kit for $3500. It even included injectors, meth kit, BOV, electronic boost controller, and boost gauge. After adding in the mandatory fuel system upgrades, tuning for the turbo and my existing mods, and engine monitoring necessities (and lets not even get into the "miscellaneous needed items" category ), the price was well over $5K. This was definetly a budget build too.
Normal is $6-7K for a S/C or STS when all is said and done...and $$ just gets silly when whispering the words "front mount turbo"
Old 04-02-2006, 07:24 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

As far as ordering a new ATI ProCharger goes, give me a call at 260 244-4808 for a super low price quote. ATI does not allow prices in any form of print to be published that are lower than 7.5% of MSRP, which is why you have to call. I can have the twin intercoolers and their plumbing deleted, which will also save you some money.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...php?service=66
This is a link to a list of item I compiled together that I recommend to go with the ATI ProCharger. Bob
Old 04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if you can get the SC free. All the other upgrades add up super quick (suspension, tranny, etc). It will be one thing after the other...
Old 04-02-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea... there is no such thing as cheap and reliable... when talking about FI..

like stated above.. you can have either one or the other..

Good Luck
Old 04-02-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Get a TORNADO....
Old 04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HAhaha... Yea get a tornado..

Catch the train now and be one of the first to start the Tornado revolution..

Quick Reply: I want budget FORCED INDUCTION! How much for 5-8psi? Procharger or STS!