Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Update on my Twin-T67, 408 Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't post often but that is a very impressive build.....
Old 04-27-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
We'll see shortly.

David
If they do, take them off and start over, send those to me for inspection..

Thanks, Good luck with the beast!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

i dont know where you get your information from, but AEM has not scrapped the EMS for the LS1.. it's still very much a priority. I am good friends with the engineer who is responsible for this project and speak to him on a daily basis.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8seclt1
i dont know where you get your information from, but AEM has not scrapped the EMS for the LS1.. it's still very much a priority. I am good friends with the engineer who is responsible for this project and speak to him on a daily basis.
Also from one of the engineers. The AEM has been under "final" shake down for some time. We were waiting to be one of the first (not the first, just one of the first) to get one for my SS. We were told there were some problems that needed to be straightened out before public release. Date: unknown. Ask him, if the injector, coils and dash panel problems were resolved? To the best of my knowledge that was the hold up. They were trying for a true plug and play. I wish they would have come out with one, the one we are going to be using has to be totally rewired. Of course I don't need any dash instruments. To late for me, but it looks like an awesome system.

David
Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BLWN1
If they do, take them off and start over, send those to me for inspection..

Thanks, Good luck with the beast!

David
Old 04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 8seclt1
Oh man I hope this is true. The AEM is absolutely incredible. I've got a few friends with them for their mustangs and WOW.

David- Your car is awesome. Why the choice of twins instead of a single turbo? I imagine there isn't as much room? Once again, looks good, hopefully my future turbo build will be as nice!

Jon

Last edited by Jon B.; 04-27-2006 at 10:06 PM. Reason: I can't spell...
Old 04-28-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jon B.
Oh man I hope this is true. The AEM is absolutely incredible. I've got a few friends with them for their mustangs and WOW.

David- Your car is awesome. Why the choice of twins instead of a single turbo? I imagine there isn't as much room? Once again, looks good, hopefully my future turbo build will be as nice!

Jon
Thanks for the compliments.

We went back and forth from single T-80's series and twins. Twins won out:

1) The shop had never done twins before
2) The twins will spool faster than the single big. Our goal was 1000rwhp. The twin T-67's will get us there. I do a lot of bracket drag racing and it was felt that the twins would spool faster off the line. Besides they look pretty damn cool. Room was not a consideration. The bigger turbo would have fit

David

Quick Reply: Update on my Twin-T67, 408 Build