Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Mufflex + twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Mufflex + twin turbo

Would you guys think that the mufflex 4 inch cdt kit would be ok to run with a twin turbo car with around 800 hp. Its 4inches then goes to 3 inches at the tips and its a dual exhaust kit. Also are these kits nice, (no rust etc) Any comments or info would be cool thanx. Also they said jsut 2 4 inch down pipes would be perfect but i dont know much about these thanx.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that 800hp @ the wheels or crank?..... I personally did'nt like my 4" mufflex cat-back system w/ my single turbo set-up (i'm assuming that it'll be the same w/ my twin turbo), it's loud inside when you're just cruising(in-cab drowne) but it gets quiet @ wot, definately louder from inside than outside. it looks bulky looking from behind and it will rust eventually cuz it's not stainless. I'm considering switching to a stainless system.....maybe like Magnaflow?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 4" Mufflex + Spintech. I love the system. It is pretty quiet when cruisin around with zero rasp (very low pitched). It is also pretty intimidating when you get on it. The only thing I would have changed is I would have gone with the 3.5" if I did it again. It is just so tight it is about impossible to get it to where it doesn't hit or rub. I've got it to where it only knocks over bumps with people in the back seat. There is a guy on here who really dogs Spintech mufflers saying they really rob HP. I personally don't believe it. If you saw the huge intake & outlet I would say you would agree. I saw one test on the internet that showed it making like 3 HP less than the best flowing muffler. He says something like 40 +HP, ain't no damn way.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think I am "that guy" that was referred to above but I dynoed my car with the 4" Mufflex / Spintech exhaust and lost 29rwhp and 34ftlbs going through the muffler vs. taking the muffler off (I had a flange installed directly before the muffler inlet so I could take it off if I wanted too)

This was just a heads/cam M6 car and the A/F and timing did not change any between the two runs. FYI - it made 424rwhp with the open exhaust.

I did keep that setup on the car because I LOVED the way it sounds and I could just drop the muffler at the track if I wanted too
Old 05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

i was thinking about useing my 4" mufflex with my single turbo but it is big and heavy. i liked it on my stock set up sounded awsome and with prety much no rasp..and my car seemed to make good power with it too just the 4" lid and mas. and basic tune we made 327 and 342tq to the wheels through an auto too.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

what other options are there for a 4'' dp setup? I really dont wanna run dumps, i want something that is nice and quiet...
Old 05-23-2006, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe I ought to disconnect the muffler at the dyno and see what I get. It is such an open muffler it's hard to believe but the dyno doesn't lie. It does sound great though (I used to have the Corsa which i didn't care for).
Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
I don't think I am "that guy" that was referred to above but I dynoed my car with the 4" Mufflex / Spintech exhaust and lost 29rwhp and 34ftlbs going through the muffler vs. taking the muffler off (I had a flange installed directly before the muffler inlet so I could take it off if I wanted too)

This was just a heads/cam M6 car and the A/F and timing did not change any between the two runs. FYI - it made 424rwhp with the open exhaust.

I did keep that setup on the car because I LOVED the way it sounds and I could just drop the muffler at the track if I wanted too
Old 05-23-2006, 07:23 PM
FormerVendor

4in mufflex is fine, but use the system with the magnaflow muffler. (we've made 994rwhp through a T400 with that system)

The spintech muffler will be a restriction, plus I think it weighs about 200 pounds.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by INTMD8
4in mufflex is fine, but use the system with the magnaflow muffler. (we've made 994rwhp through a T400 with that system)

The spintech muffler will be a restriction, plus I think it weighs about 200 pounds.
does magnaflo make a duel out muffler or just a single out?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

The mufflex with the magnaflow muffler is a single outlet.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird

Just so I can make it known. I made a mufflex type setup for my car and put down 460/410 all the way out the back (346 HCI). 3"-4" flowmaster merge though a dynatec split flow oval. Sounds great, I am just doing something pretty trick this time. Dont mean to ***** your thread, but here are some pics. https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/493902-mufflex-type-exhaust.html

Brandon

Quick Reply: Mufflex + twin turbo