Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1/F2 Procharger system...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1/F2 Procharger system...

I need a F1/F2 Procharger system with a cog belt system for a LS1 engine... Anybody make such a system? It needs to mount on the passenger side of the engine. Hood clearance is not an issue.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2006, 09:06 PM
SSU Moderator

No one makes that. Find someone to make a custom set up for your application. Also, F1's and 2's are totally different sizes.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RyanJ
No one makes that. Find someone to make a custom set up for your application. Also, F1's and 2's are totally different sizes.

Thanks... I know there's not a "car kit" and I know there's a size difference but I thought somebody would have fabricated something by now... I'm looking for 20-30 lbs of boost and a cog system is a must...
Old 06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

good luck..sounds like a monster...an F2 sounds sweet
Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 AM
SSU Moderator

I figured by your username that it wouldnt be for an F-body or vette. I would do something custom since modifying anything for a different application would be just as expensive. Yeah, you'll probably need cogs or a chain....or a turbo
Old 06-06-2006, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

I figured by your username that it wouldnt be for an F-body or vette. I would do something custom since modifying anything for a different application would be just as expensive. Yeah, you'll probably need cogs or a chain....or a turbo

Sand car application. I'm just looking to see if it's feasible. (I'm looking for another engine package to offer) If I knew how to post a pic on this board I'd show you guys what I need it for... But I don't know how. Sorry.

OK... So there's no cog system. What's the next best rib belt Procharger system and what kind of boost can I expect? (It has to mount on the passenger side of the engine. (That's where I have the most room)

Twin turbo systems are a dime a dozen @ the dunes... The only place they work really well is at the drags. A good running N/A V8 will run away and hide from a twin turbo V8 out in the dunes. BUT a belt driven compressor just might do the trick. And a "ready made kit" would keep the cost down and not be an issue on turn around time.... Come on venders... Speak up.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Back in the day Speed Inc made a cogged belt system for their shop car, I would contact them.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
Back in the day Speed Inc made a cogged belt system for their shop car, I would contact them.

Thanks... I did contact them. <(email) They said they had nothing but problem with their cog system until the day they took it off. They do have a new belt system so I'm going to check that out.

Thanks again!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the location of the ATI ProCharger Corvette C5 application. It has an eight rib belt option that replaces all the pullies on the accessory drives to run everything off of one belt. I have it listed on my website for sale, with some pics of it. Bob
Old 06-07-2006, 09:26 AM
SSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Dune-LS1
Sand car application. I'm just looking to see if it's feasible. (I'm looking for another engine package to offer) If I knew how to post a pic on this board I'd show you guys what I need it for... But I don't know how. Sorry.

OK... So there's no cog system. What's the next best rib belt Procharger system and what kind of boost can I expect? (It has to mount on the passenger side of the engine. (That's where I have the most room)

Twin turbo systems are a dime a dozen @ the dunes... The only place they work really well is at the drags. A good running N/A V8 will run away and hide from a twin turbo V8 out in the dunes. BUT a belt driven compressor just might do the trick. And a "ready made kit" would keep the cost down and not be an issue on turn around time.... Come on venders... Speak up.
ASP will make you any cog pully combo you want if that is what you want to do. And a bracket can be fabbed by any reputable chassis shop. Apparantly after I posted that no one has done this I saw in another thread some EFILive tuner had put an F2 on the lower driver's side of the engine. I mean, in my mind, you get a guy to fab one, then draw/design it out to be cut via CNC in bulk. Search will be back in full force soon so you will be able to find some pics hopefully.

Also, can you lay out some of the twin turbo combo's? I guess I don't get how an N/A motor will beat a twin setup. Do the turbo rails have too much power? Poorly sized turbo's maybe?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Check out the location of the ATI ProCharger Corvette C5 application. It has an eight rib belt option that replaces all the pullies on the accessory drives to run everything off of one belt. I have it listed on my website for sale, with some pics of it. Bob

I saw that set-up... That is a kit I'm thinking about. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

ASP will make you any cog pully combo you want if that is what you want to do. And a bracket can be fabbed by any reputable chassis shop. Apparantly after I posted that no one has done this I saw in another thread some EFILive tuner had put an F2 on the lower driver's side of the engine. I mean, in my mind, you get a guy to fab one, then draw/design it out to be cut via CNC in bulk. Search will be back in full force soon so you will be able to find some pics hopefully.

Also, can you lay out some of the twin turbo combo's? I guess I don't get how an N/A motor will beat a twin setup. Do the turbo rails have too much power? Poorly sized turbo's maybe?

Turbo's have more power but the lag is a killer in the bowels. I've driven them and I've dune-d with other V8 cars that had them... And "for me" I wouldn't have one. By the time the power comes up it's time to turn... Then repeat the process over and over. Instant on and off power works the best.

Just my 2-cents.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

The way you drive on the dunes is hard on a supercharger driven with a cog system. The constant stabbing of the throttle and then jumping off again takes its toll on the bearing system. I would suggest as Bob has the C5 8 rib system. It will require the purchase of a flat front aftermarket dampener which you will then pin to the crankshaft. The 8 rib drive will require covette driver's side bracketry and accessories as well as the purchase of the 8 rib accessory pullies. Foreign material caught in the belts, such as sand will be easier on the serp system as well. Both the F1 and F1R have an internal 5.40 gear ratio so you should be able to drive the blower to high output levels without too much slippage. The F1 will bolt directly into the C5 bracket, as should an F1R, but not the F2.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by andereck
The way you drive on the dunes is hard on a supercharger driven with a cog system. The constant stabbing of the throttle and then jumping off again takes its toll on the bearing system. I would suggest as Bob has the C5 8 rib system. It will require the purchase of a flat front aftermarket dampener which you will then pin to the crankshaft. The 8 rib drive will require covette driver's side bracketry and accessories as well as the purchase of the 8 rib accessory pullies. Foreign material caught in the belts, such as sand will be easier on the serp system as well. Both the F1 and F1R have an internal 5.40 gear ratio so you should be able to drive the blower to high output levels without too much slippage. The F1 will bolt directly into the C5 bracket, as should an F1R, but not the F2.

I agree. Everybody I've talked to has steered me away from the cog system... I think I'm going to try the 10 rib system from ECS first and see how that goes... And all my cranks are from Callies and are keys for ATI dampener's... No pins are necessary.

Thanks for all the scooby!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

This may help you out... Yes their is a cogged system out their... I tried it out and nothing but problems... I made about 100+ more rwhp than the 8rib setup... However, as soon as i let off the throttle, SNAP! everytime... Their is no give with the cogged setup and broke the belt, literally everytime i let off the throtlle. Now, im trying this SDCE setup but cant build the boost i want... I attached a picture with the D1sc cogged drive setup... Hope this helps, PM if you want more information...

Jay
Old 06-08-2006, 08:09 AM
SSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Dune-LS1
Turbo's have more power but the lag is a killer in the bowels. I've driven them and I've dune-d with other V8 cars that had them... And "for me" I wouldn't have one. By the time the power comes up it's time to turn... Then repeat the process over and over. Instant on and off power works the best.

Just my 2-cents.
Hrmm...so poorly sized turbo's then. Makes sense.

Have you called any sponsors to get quotes to fab up something?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Hrmm...so poorly sized turbo's then. Makes sense.

Have you called any sponsors to get quotes to fab up something?

No. Turbo size does not matter... It's just the way it is.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blownramair
This may help you out... Yes their is a cogged system out their... I tried it out and nothing but problems... I made about 100+ more rwhp than the 8rib setup... However, as soon as i let off the throttle, SNAP! everytime... Their is no give with the cogged setup and broke the belt, literally everytime i let off the throtlle. Now, im trying this SDCE setup but cant build the boost i want... I attached a picture with the D1sc cogged drive setup... Hope this helps, PM if you want more information...

Jay
I believe your trouble may be related to the type of belt you ran/run. It appears from the picture that you are running a PolyChain 35mm belt and a backside idler. PolyChains are not recommended to be "back bent" and in fact you must treat them with the utmost care at all times. There are specifications for storing and shipping the PolyChain belt as too tight of a bend will break the fibers and lead to certain death. The PolyChain is an excellent belt to use when ran with its special limitations in mind, but it would not be a great choice for your installation.

If your're not running a PolyChain then disregard, but the backside ribs are a giveaway without seeing the part number.

Last edited by andereck; 06-08-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since you have so much room in a sand rail, why not get one of the big bad-*** 3.3L whipple blowers?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eviltwins
Since you have so much room in a sand rail, why not get one of the big bad-*** 3.3L whipple blowers?
I looked at those... But I think the Procharger/NOVI blowers are much better. (But that's JMO, not fact)... And I need 20+ lbs of (Intercooled) boost and that blower can't supply that...

Quick Reply: F1/F2 Procharger system...