Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F-body Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spot on dynedta.....and after reading some of the posts here I agree 100%
But why does a turbo supplier differ from 7-11, you go in there with the money, you pay, you get supplied the product....I dont understand the love affair that is supposed to happen with waiting 12 months for something. If we had those kind of business practices in the small and diverse market that is Australia we would have been out of business before we started...but the difference is we sleep at night.

Our track record of being able to provide to the US on time on budget without argument and at excellent quality now is proven over at ls1gto.com. There is not a single complaint about timely shipping nor will there ever be. Our motto is 'if you pay for it, you deserve it in a box on your doorstep'....and so it should be.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

you guys sound like a great company. dont be surprised if everyone isnt so enthused. a lot of people have been screwed over. i hope you guys can get this going for the f-bodies.

Last edited by bmfcamaro; 07-20-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:47 AM
TECH Addict

Have something that braces the turbo to take the stress off the headers.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:54 AM
TECH Addict

What is the name of your company?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Addict

I like the GTO kit, it uses the cast manifolds and a some pipes to extend to the turbos

its a great simple design, i just wish it could be used with a large enough turbo to support a 408, looks like all you guys use are t3 size turbos.
if you make it people will buy it guarenteed.
Ed
Old 07-20-2006, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

My honest opinion Martin is that your price sounds low. If you have looked at my poll thread, you can see that many folks think that $5-7K ($6-7K with fuel system) sounds fair. If you are also interested in discussing off board, email me at john@ls1tech.com.

I think the F-Body is still underserved.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can do a twin kit for $4900 shipped, sign me up! I have seen pics of a twin GTO kit (not sure if it was yours). I will anxiously watch your thread for progress and pics of development.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:30 PM
FormerVendor

Without meaning to get too far ahead of ourselves here...this is what our GTO twin turbocharger kit looks like when assembled on an engine. Everything you see here (other than the engine and the stand of course!) is what we send out for the $4500+ship price

The numbers are the interesting part though. We use a small compact pair of turbochargers that at 8psi of boost (stock pressure) are enough to generate around 540rwhp on a Dynojet with a totally stock engine. There were many suggestions initially that our turbo choice was too small, so we decided to do some testing...

As an exercise we got an M6 Commodore (same floorpan as a GTO) with totally stock engine in place (only comp 918 valve springs had been added, stock heads, stock cam, stock rockers, stock pistons, stock rods etc. etc.), which weighed in at 3420lb as raced (is this close to an Fbody?). With an off the shelf Gen-TT kit it ran a best of 10.5 @ 137mph, so I would expect this kind of performance from anything we do for an F-body....would this kind of performance be considered adequate from bolt on FI in this market?

Right click and save to see the car/tt kit in action
http://www.oz8.org/gallery/albums/Redline/deejay.wmv
Old 07-20-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice vid. nice kit. build it and you will sell.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well if you are already selling GTO turbo kits for the price you are quoting, feel free to make the F body kit come in at that price as well. Don't let PSJ sway your price point

It would truly be awesome to have a turbo kit manufacturer to bring a kit to market like this for the price quoted and without said manufacturer killing themselves or taking a loss on each kit to meet the quoted price.

J
Old 07-20-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet web site.
Its nice when a turbo company has a web site that you can look at.
By the way, us Firebird guys would really not like to cut up the front bumper for the IC
Hi-Flo had a pretty good idea, maybe you want to check it out
Old 07-20-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Martin,

Here are my thoughts as a prospective buyer and reader of these threads for 7 years. I've got a pocket full of cash to trade for a system that:

1. Is on the shelf and shipped when I give you my credit card number.
2. Does not pass pipes under the engine cross-member.
3. Retains stock cross-member (I don't trust an aftermarket piece to Michigan potholes for the amount of miles that I drive).
4. Retains stock cooling fans.
5. Keeps or removes A/C. I don't care, but for a business case most of the crowd here wants A/C.
6. Upgrades to support 402" engines. Again, as a business case most would be okay with a 346", that's probably where the bulk of your sales would come.

I don't know of any self-installed, off the shelf systems that meet all of the above. TTi race kit is great, but it passes pipes under the k-member. GMR twin kit looks good, but there aren't a lot of them out there and I think they install all of there kits (won't ship to you). A lot of companies have come and gone that never met / meet #1 on my list above. My 2 cents.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Murdock
Martin,

Here are my thoughts as a prospective buyer and reader of these threads for 7 years. I've got a pocket full of cash to trade for a system that:

3. Retains stock cross-member (I don't trust an aftermarket piece to Michigan potholes for the amount of miles that I drive).
5. Keeps or removes A/C. I don't care, but for a business case most of the crowd here wants A/C.
6. Upgrades to support 402" engines. Again, as a business case most would be okay with a 346", that's probably where the bulk of your sales would come.

I don't know of any self-installed, off the shelf systems that meet all of the above. TTi race kit is great, but it passes pipes under the k-member. GMR twin kit looks good, but there aren't a lot of them out there and I think they install all of there kits (won't ship to you). A lot of companies have come and gone that never met / meet #1 on my list above. My 2 cents.
Agree 100% minus #3(I have a BMR Kmember). I love the look of that GTO kit but still doesnt persuade me to go twin. If you guys can get a kit together for the price quoted with a 70mm+ turbo, count me in.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Murdock
Martin,

I agree also
the big part to me would be the Cooling fans and upgrades to support a 402 inch engine
if you could do this you would put a hurting on the F-Body turbo market
Old 07-20-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Sweet web site.
Its nice when a turbo company has a web site that you can look at.
By the way, us Firebird guys would really not like to cut up the front bumper for the ICHi-Flo had a pretty good idea, maybe you want to check it out
I second that statement!

I think twin or single, if you guys can have them in stock, good quality, good follow up service you will do well.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Street Tuna
I hear you loud and clear. Quite frankly I have been shocked with some of the stuff I have read on here of late, which is why we have decided the time is right to produce an F-body kit at the right price, that you can actually have on your doorstep within 10 days of ordering it....its like the door has been left open for this kind of opportunity
\

street tuna make a twin turbo kit that is capable of 8-900 rwhp that keeps all the accessories. I''ll gladly switch from supercharging to turbocharging.

I wanna visit and check out your rides down under!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Yeah....don't listen to PSJ....a price point at or under $5k U.S. is PERFECT...you won't be able to ship them fast enought at that price...good luck and I hope it works. Best regards

Last edited by 98darkbird; 07-20-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

I will gladly hack up the front end of my car for a front mount. I will just get the bird logo in the intercooler. For me I have to have the A/C as I live in Florida and it is hella hot sometimes.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
I will gladly hack up the front end of my car for a front mount. I will just get the bird logo in the intercooler. For me I have to have the A/C as I live in Florida and it is hella hot sometimes.
In New Jersey we need a front plate
I don't like the idea of constantly being at risk for $250 fines
Also I like the stealth look
Old 07-21-2006, 06:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

front plate is a fix it ticket in california. i will glady chop away.

Quick Reply: F-body Turbo Kit