Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F-body Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
front plate is a fix it ticket in california. i will glady chop away.
If you chop away, how do you fix it? Eventually you will have to pay the fine.

Unless of course you zip tie it to the car to "fix it" and then take it right back off
Old 07-21-2006, 06:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darren P
I agree also
the big part to me would be the Cooling fans and upgrades to support a 402 inch engine
if you could do this you would put a hurting on the F-Body turbo market

Why do all of you always say this about a 402ci motor????
i just say wow when i read this over and over.....
why do all of you think you need a 400+ci motor to go fast??
Old 07-21-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

not everyone thinks you need a 400+ engine to go fast, alot of guys already have them and want to upgrade.
For example I was building NA motor, and then entertained the notion of another turob.
Dont know if Ill do it or not, but im not going to have the motor make crazy compression so its an option.

NA guys cant make the power they want smoetimes, and feel the dark side calling them
Old 07-21-2006, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
I will just get the bird logo in the intercooler.
I like that idea, mind if I steal it?
Old 07-21-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
If you chop away, how do you fix it? Eventually you will have to pay the fine.

Unless of course you zip tie it to the car to "fix it" and then take it right back off

thats what i do now.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:19 AM
7 Second Club

[QUOTE=Street Tuna]As an exercise we got an M6 Commodore (same floorpan as a GTO) with totally stock engine in place (only comp 918 valve springs had been added, stock heads, stock cam, stock rockers, stock pistons, stock rods etc. etc.), which weighed in at 3420lb as raced (is this close to an Fbody?). With an off the shelf Gen-TT kit it ran a best of 10.5 @ 137mph, so I would expect this kind of performance from anything we do for an F-body....would this kind of performance be considered adequate from bolt on FI in this market? [QUOTE]

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but if it runs 10.5 in ausi it will run about 10.9 on average here in US... i just dont want any suprised upsets if this happens
Old 07-21-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

still good for ~4500.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Why do all of you always say this about a 402ci motor????
i just say wow when i read this over and over.....
why do all of you think you need a 400+ci motor to go fast??
There are plenty of examples of fast 346" cars. I put 402" in my first post because I already have a 4" crank in hand. I know I could go fast with a 346", but I'd also have a 4" shiny paperweight staring me in the face!
Old 07-21-2006, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Guys, I have a GTO kit on the way, and posted the same picture on the thread about STS heat-wrap. Martin is a great guy, and actually I brought this to his attention a few days ago after reading the HighFlow thread. He can deliver!

Now, he already had single kits for the Monaro/GTO in Australia, but they were for a RHD car, and more work to adapt. The cost savings for this twin kit is that the turbos are quite reasonable [high quality Chinese fabrication] and there is no header fabrication. With the integral wastegate, it makes for a relatively straightforward kit. The boost respons of these little turbos is outstanding.

This is NOT the 800+ rwhp kit that some/many seem to be wanting. The monster kit market is likely better served by the custom outfits as many of you have done. This is "budget boost for the masses".

And I am seriously looking for an F-body to ship over to work with him on this. Question: how much difference will there be for intercoolers between Camaros and T/A's?
Old 07-21-2006, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MTBDOC
Question: how much difference will there be for intercoolers between Camaros and T/A's?
Doc... Not much I use the same FMIC as Camaro's use... takes a little more trickery if you want to keep your foglights... but IMHO those holes make great air intakes
Old 07-21-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like what I am hearing. Not that I can afford to go turbo; but I like it all the same.
Maybe in a few years.............
Old 07-21-2006, 11:30 PM
NKAWTG...N

Keep it easy on the links and pricing please. I don't want to see the thread locked, but lets just say it is "under observation". Thanks!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Restricted User

MTBDOC, I pm'd you, as well as replied to Martin, inquiring about donor car deal. I have read up on shipping the car to Aus. and some of the paperwork, but I am sure if Martin is interested in a donor, rather than buying he will be able to help as well. We'll see.

p.s. the last couple companies I was going to donor for have been nothing but issues at best and only have a one or two running cars put out now, this is 2+ yrs later. I hope I'm not jinxing Martin
Old 07-22-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dont be surprised if you are heavily scrutinized. Ever heard of a company called incon or a man named dave inall?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

on a lighter note, though, I would be very interested in this, I have cash ready also. What was done to that commodore besides that turbo kit? that thing is crazy!
Old 07-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by LSONE
Dont be surprised if you are heavily scrutinized. Ever heard of a company called incon or a man named dave inall?
Yep, and if you knew Martin is NOT associated with Dave Inall (former owner of Incon). Inall works at APS, not owner, just design or wtfe he does there. Martin is a separate entity. So the scrunitization should be towards APS not Street Tuna's company. No, I wont post a link, but resourceful ppl can google and find the right company by looking for GTO Twin Turbo Kit Australia and then by pricing posted by another user for his GTO's kit, or by design elements, turbo's used etc.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Yep, and if you knew Martin is NOT associated with Dave Inall (former owner of Incon). Inall works at APS, not owner, just design or wtfe he does there. Martin is a separate entity. So the scrunitization should be towards APS not Street Tuna's company. No, I wont post a link, but resourceful ppl can google and find the right company by looking for GTO Twin Turbo Kit Australia and then by pricing posted by another user for his GTO's kit, or by design elements, turbo's used etc.
Oh I understand that, but another overseas cheap twin turbo kit... I'm sure they'll do fine, but I've had enough trouble with hi flo and they are state side.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Restricted User

I got you, look at their site, you can see the difference in a company that has been around a while doing T's and one that started up to do them after brainstorming one day. I guess I'm just to happy to see a company that has interest, a good reputation, and most probable to hit the market with something worth the hassle. As you said, HI Flo has been what a year already? And theres been others. But none, other then TTi, have been around like this company either. Optimistic, maybe I am too much. At least there is no positive association with Inall.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
I got you, look at their site, you can see the difference in a company that has been around a while doing T's and one that started up to do them after brainstorming one day. I guess I'm just to happy to see a company that has interest, a good reputation, and most probable to hit the market with something worth the hassle. As you said, HI Flo has been what a year already? And theres been others. But none, other then TTi, have been around like this company either. Optimistic, maybe I am too much. At least there is no positive association with Inall.
Hmm, if they where to offer a TT kit for f-bodies that was as complete as that, that retained everything at that price, I would buy one. I would like more infor on the turbos they are using, though.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Restricted User

someone mentioned chinese made, but only thing on their site is german engineered...doubt its a garrett at those prices, but bottom line, if it puts the power down like the Goats does, I am definately more than just interested.

Quick Reply: F-body Turbo Kit