Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F-body Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAT3
someone mentioned chinese made, but only thing on their site is german engineered...doubt its a garrett at those prices, but bottom line, if it puts the power down like the Goats does, I am definately more than just interested.
Well the thing I would be worried about is potential, and a t-25 doesnt have very much. I looks like it works great on a stock motor, but even a stock cube forged motor would easily push these past their power levels.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Restricted User

I believe someone already mentioned the kit is more of a street oriented version for 500-600hp. Looking at the turbo selection, there is the larger KKR430 which would definately be more capable of loads for increased power. Anyway, details. At this point, I would take a turbo kit like they made for the GTO's even if it only puts down 600rwhp max. Its a great looking kit, with no log mani issues etc...
Old 07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

I'm getting tempted to buy another Z just to get a TT kit...
Old 07-22-2006, 07:02 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the kind responses guys. However first things first. I dont want to fall foul of management here at this stage, so as they say the links/prices etc can stay away till we have signed up sponsorship going on.

We have however probably butted our head into the hardest part of the F-body market. I am absolutely astounded and horrified when I read of the actions of some of these turbo ppl and companies. Its like a battlefield with the wounded walking around dazed under the promise of delivery from what are very obviously two-bit tin-pot operations. Harsh words from a newbie like me, but need to be said...as these ppl and companies are doing their very best to destroy an entire industry..

Also for those that want to know, I do in fact know Dave Inall. He lives in another part of the country, and I have spoken to him at shows etc. Seems like a nice enough person to dialougue with....but just letting you know there is ABSOLUTELY NO LINK there

Heres the deal then...we wont ask for your money up front for the F-body kit. We dont really want or need it. We wont allow a product to be paid for unless it has a guranteed 10 day to freight lead time. And we will wait until there are twenty complete kits sitting on the shelf in our operations warehouse (which will be photographed and posted here) before letting you know they are available....and we will be sponsors before any of this happens.

I can see this is going to be a long process of building trust and relationships in a market thats been burnt so hard, but dont despair we are up for it!
Old 07-22-2006, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

Now a question...
The Fbody cars come with many different noses I presume...so which one is the 'hardest' front bar to get an intercooler behind...as that will be the car we want
Old 07-22-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, glad to see you are taking up the challenge of the notorious turbo LS1 F body market...Good Luck. Keep the promises few and let the kits speak for themselves....promises have been know to bite the others in the ***

As for the whole nose issue. Yes the camaro, Firebird Formula and Trans Am all have different noses. It is no issue to fit the same intercooler that you run on your GTO kit, into any of these noses. Plenty of room is there. Some people don't want to cut up the nose to allow for airflow to the FMIC(T/A, Formula guys), but some others have no problem with it.

Thats going to be the issue to cut the nose or not to cut the nose Search FMIC here and you should be able to bring up a ton of pics on FMIC installs on all 3 types of noses.

J
Old 07-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Launching!

what would be the estimated turnaround time for a donor car?i might be interested in helping out.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

We would need the car ten weeks from start to finish
Old 07-22-2006, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Hi Martin! Although I toyed with getting a car to send you, my wife reminded me I already have 3 car/projects [see the sig here!] but I think you can find someone here.

Board: I have no connection w/ him or his company, but I am quite pleased w/ what I see. As I posted above, this is a setup for a nice street driver, not a psycho 800-1000 rwhp car [and yes, I realize that there are some around here with street cars like that]. But virtually INSTANT 8-10psi sounds good to me...and I'll be glad to give more feedback when my GTO is operational in a couple of weeks. Over on LS1GTO.com there is already an install being documented that is about finished. His is a modified engine, where is mine is a totally stock LS2 [that has been "loosened up" for a few thousand miles w/ an STS].

One of you needs to step up to the plate QUICKLY!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Martin, were you asking about front mount intercoolers? The Firebird/TransAm nose is 'smaller' so that the biggest intercooler you can fit in a Camaro will not fit in a Firebird. It's a matter of a few inches in width.

Personally, I think you should keep the total cost of the kit more open-ended, and quote the final price once you have actually made some kits. Folks have the best of intentions, but it's easy for the price of a kit to go up a thousand bucks. A profitable company is a happy company. When you are ready to sponsor, give me or Tony (Nine Ball) a holler.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by weaponZ
what would be the estimated turnaround time for a donor car?i might be interested in helping out.

I think I already got a lead on this one Waiting on frieght movers quote, prefered port and list of requirements for importing into Australia, some of the issues are no problem for a temporary visit, like the Au. Mandatory safety inspection, but others seem to lead from one form to another...red-tape muck. Nothing wrong with keeping up on this so if something prevents me from going you got it covered.

Charlie
Old 07-22-2006, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Street Tuna
We would need the car ten weeks from start to finish
you can have mine, it already has a forged bottom end.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this kit is right on the money! Maybe some of the other fi kits will lower their $$!! I would be very interested in a kit!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

For the record, in the history of turbo kits, cheaper = don't last long. Caveat emptor!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice and interesting...
Old 07-23-2006, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

It would be nice if you could figure out how to do one on an LT1 style T/A front end, Like on www.ws6.com at the top without cutting. could always just buy the separate nose piece anyhow.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:23 AM
FormerVendor

Ok guys we have our car coming now....its an 02 model, in Aussie in 40 days, will have a sponsors section and a full pictorial build up going on. Cant wait to start development
Old 07-29-2006, 06:17 AM
TECH Addict

Ok guys we have our car coming now....its an 02 model, in Aussie in 40 days, will have a sponsors section and a full pictorial build up going on. Cant wait to start development
SWEET!
02 Trans Am right?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Now a question...
The Fbody cars come with many different noses I presume...so which one is the 'hardest' front bar to get an intercooler behind...as that will be the car we want
I think the hardest one is that found on Formulas. I have a Formy. Our fog lights are not conveniently placed in the center for a quick intercooler hack-job. Yes, there's a plate cover that can be hacked, but I think that looks trashy, and I don't want to be seen driving around trash.

If you can come up with a sweet intercooler for this front end without modifications, then you are a God! Oh, and I prefer twins!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Somebody09
I think the hardest one is that found on Formulas. I have a Formy. Our fog lights are not conveniently placed in the center for a quick intercooler hack-job. Yes, there's a plate cover that can be hacked, but I think that looks trashy, and I don't want to be seen driving around trash.

If you can come up with a sweet intercooler for this front end without modifications, then you are a God! Oh, and I prefer twins!

Why dont you mount one like Hi Flo, horizontal?

Quick Reply: F-body Turbo Kit