Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F-body Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are not going to see it anyway on the birds (like in hiflo's version), I would go A2W like the TTi kit if I had a T/A or Formula. I am going FMIC but I have a camaro and don't mind cutting up the front...
Old 07-30-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be interesting to see the A2W on street cars. I wonder if it will still be efficient after say an hour of street driving with a couple foot to the floor blasts. I still think A2A will be better for a mostly street car; but I agree that placement of the intercooler will be critical for cooling the intake charge, and still alowing good air to get to the radiator.
Very interesting indeed.....................
Old 07-30-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe mightymouse will chime in. He runs A2W and drives on the street regularly.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CAT3
Why dont you mount one like Hi Flo, horizontal?
You mean like this!? It looks like the bottom has to get cut up though... I think I'll just get the twins from ProCharger if nothing great comes up... maybe run a small, skinny one between the two like someone else in this section did on a white T/A.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Street Tuna
Ok guys we have our car coming now....its an 02 model, in Aussie in 40 days, will have a sponsors section and a full pictorial build up going on. Cant wait to start development
So who's car are you guys using as a donor?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Teching In

here's my opinion. I would love to have a turbocharged camaro, and I’m going to have the money to do so very soon. What I would be looking for are some points not everyone has mentioned.
1.sound. I want a turbo mainly for the sound, and blow off valve sound. try to find a blow-off valve that sounds like it should be on a muscle car, and is unique. This is the only reason I think the turbo is the best choice vs supercharger, nitrous. Because to me it would be like the first time I got flow masters for my car. Everyone knows you got them Just a cool sound to them.

2.I would love to have a turbo setup that took advantage of the SS ram air. Either in actually using the ram air for the intake, or to route ram air over something for cooling.

3.I would love a nice boost controller, and the ability to upgrade the boost later.

some thoughts:
one of the supercharger intercooler kits uses two small intercoolers that are right where the air dam is. This seems to be the best setup to please everyone, because you get effective cooling, without extra work, and you don't botch up the car.

for those that want a front mounted intercooler, you guys could get a designer on it, and actually make a new front end that is better looking than just cutting the stock on up. this means more money for you and the owner can keep the original front end incase he wants to put back to original. plus you could design it to where everyone knows it's your kit from a mile away.

I think the most important part for you guys to think about is not just the price, but the marketing. The first impression for me is the products website. If the site has a ton of videos, showing install, showing drag racing, customer videos, that's what impresses me. That's what makes me wana say "wow i really want one." I have thought about this before with ststurbo systems. they don't have enough videos to show on there, especially drag racing videos to show actual numbers. The best move for you guys would be to sponsor a few f bodies with your kits, but in return they provide you with dyno numbers, maybe a few car shows, and definitely some great movies to put on your website. I'd be the first to sign up zahnd@ma.rr.com
Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

thats a sweet twin turbo kit for the GTO. if the twin turbo kit for the fbody is that nice and with a similar price, then you can count me in.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

We will be running A2A intercooling on our F-body installation. It keeps the parts count down, and keeps reliability up. We will also be trying to achieve this with minimal body modification
Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
9 Second Club

Do you plan to offer any upgrades to the kit for larger displacment motors? There are quite a few 402s out there looking for turbo options (including myself).
Old 08-01-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Tuna
We will be running A2A intercooling on our F-body installation. It keeps the parts count down, and keeps reliability up. We will also be trying to achieve this with minimal body modification
Good to know. I'd like to see options for a larger turbo also, as well as perhaps a 3.5" downpipe.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Any plains on for the LT1 cars? I understand that ls1 cars are different but can modifications be made to fit out cars, we share allot of similarities.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please consider a LT1 turbo kit!!!!!!

PLEASE!
PLEASE!
PLEASE!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

any updates from down under??
Old 08-30-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think they have the car yet, I believe they said 45 days somewhere in this post
Old 08-31-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have to say that look a mighty fine kit! and cheap to

also how much more is it to upgrade to the KKr480 turbos?? (if this can be done )

thanks Chris.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

Quick update time guys
Our Fbody is on the water at the moment, and hopefully it will be here mid this new month. Which all kind of fits in well with us, as we are just finishing off VE Commodore (which will share the same floorpan and turbo kit as your upcoming Camaro thanks to GMs new global world car thing)

After having a look at how you guys mod your cars we will be doing 2 different stages of kit for the Fbody. One for the guy with the nice stock unit that wants 500rwhp from his stock bottom end 346, and another aimed more at 750 - 800rwhp for the considerable number that already have a big engine in place. Its going to be reasonably time consuming for us though as we are going to do things like swap K-members from factory to aftermarket, and go through all the different combinations to make sure everything fits no matter what

These are the two different turbo combinations we will use -
Old 08-31-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

streettune,
anychange that kkr480 would be big enough for a 408? and will your kit be sold hot parts only or just full kits?
Thanks
Ed
Old 08-31-2006, 07:27 PM
FormerVendor

Yeah, with 480hp from each turbo (remember there is two of them) I believe there is.....so 900+hp of airflow should be just the trick
Old 08-31-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

i just wondered about back pressure issues with that much air going through that small of a turbo
Old 08-31-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

are yall goin to ahve an option for a kit without turbos where the end user provides his own? some ppl like to get specialized turbos that fit their particular setup.

as far as the front plate/plate cover on firebirds, i have seen it where much of the area behind the plate area is cut out, but the places for the cover or plate to bolt to are retained. put a plate on for the street for normal use, and take it off when u want to ahve fun and race.

Quick Reply: F-body Turbo Kit