Old 08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you using the sdce tensioner?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:32 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, Dan built a bracket for the blower bracket. No slip at 14 psi on the dyno, and to be 100% honest watching gauges (on the street) in this thing is hard.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:36 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6
No, Dan built a bracket for the blower bracket. No slip at 14 psi on the dyno, and to be 100% honest watching gauges (on the street) in this thing is hard.
can you post a pic of the bracket... ill have my D1sc and 408 up in about 2.5 weeks .... hopefully

what is differetn about the bracket? where does it mount?

thanks,

Tyler
Old 08-16-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TS6
Got some pics today, and got to actually run the car a little. Its runnin' hot, but we'll figure it out. I rolled on it in second gear going about 20 or so and lit tires for a good half a block. I thought it might stop spinning and hook sometime but it spun till I lifted. These are 325/50/15 MT DR's BTW, a very good tire. I got on it again later for another trip around the block and it busted tires loose at 7 lbs. Damn thats fun! I want to feel the power though, now all I'm doin' is making stripes. I'll have to get out in the country and try third gear. I'm looking at the SDCE fan assembly too, but for the money I think we'll try another fan in front of the condenser and opening up the shroud on the engine side. I'm thinking if I put a pusher fan on the driver side of the condenser and cut the shroud for air to flow through it might help. Its only in the high 70's here and I hit 220 w/o the A/C on. Also my EWP is a few years old, maybe it needs rebuilt?
Well if you are constantly beating on it, yeah... it'll run 220. :p I would suggest using (2) 13 inch Spal fans if they will fit.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:27 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

No, I wasn't beating on it when it got hot, just driving around at any speed it gets hot. I drove it tonight and it did better, 206 with the heat on to help. I think putting a pusher on the condenser and opening the shroud would be best, not to mention cheap.

Found out when I left about 150' of stripes on the road I crossed the center line and must have hit one of those reflectors or something and put a nice slice in one of my MT's. Its Ok though. I put my street tires on tonight and drove around, those are a joke. They spin at maybe 2 lbs. of boost. Gotta get some drag radials for those!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FLP does a great job! Congratulations on your project.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:34 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Since this got bumped back up, I'll update:

I made one pass in it, having only gone 11.5x at 116 before, and went 10.42 at 134.79 launching very softly (no DS loop, 4L60E, heavy car). I literally backed off the trailer, let some air out of my airbags (I keep them high on the street for ground clearance), and warmed the car up and made a pass. Its got a 9 in it for sure. I didn't put the pedal all the way down until late 2nd gear for fear of tire spin, and when i did it was frickin' nuts how hard it pulled. Like a roller coaster!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

very impressive, that's awesome

Last edited by Got Me SOM; 11-01-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TS6
Yes sir, Mark is the owner and he's the man! I know there are several good tranny guys out there (I made mention of FLT for one, which is who I'd use besides Bowler or if he's closer to you), but Mark has attention to detail and customer service that is second to none. Mark has actually driven hours to pick up my car to save me time bringing it to him! One time on my GN my TV cable needed an adjustment, so I called him for an opinion and he offered to drive 3 hours to do it for me! He has done 2 trannies for me, both run perfect and hassle free. He does the trannies for Overhaulin' and several reknown shops we've all heard of. His own personal cars have been in magazines and on TV shows.

When he did the tranny on my camaro he brought the car back to my town for me, 2 hours away. He's just that kind of guy. I have referred friends and they are happy as well. I imagine some people are alarmed when they first meet him, as he is my age I think (28), but this guy is a ******* magician when it comes to trannies.
Lawrenceville: Population ~5,000. I know. I'm one of 'em. Our whole county has about 14,000.

Mark's a cool guy.

Awesome car, man! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Quick Reply: FLP DID NOT give me what I paid for!!!!