Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Took my little Vortech T trim to the track!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Thats still a great number with the 4L80. What plugs were you running before the TR-8's? I am really digging the Autolite Racing plugs that I picked up. The autolite ARs are what most of the big name racers run, not your everyday autolites.

Ryan K.
Quit confusing folks man...Youre a mod...There are NO TR 8s to be sold....They are NGK 8's.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kp
I know you are happy about it but did the power come from the plugs or leaning the car out? I have ran 6's 7's and 8s in this car and have no problems with any of them. I use 3922 autolites now (i use a gasket plug), mostly because advanced has them and I dont have to stock them. I was having fouling problems with retracted gap plugs colder then a 7 heat range, they were only good for one time to the track and that was it. I've had these 3922s (like #7 NGK) for a while now and still working fine..
Theres no doubt in my mind the power came from the plug swap..cooler chambers = more power.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:46 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Theres no doubt in my mind the power came from the plug swap..cooler chambers = more power.
really, and here for the last 27 years I have been trying to make the most heat I could in the chamber to make power. IMO changing plugs wont pick up anything unless they are either way too hot and pre igniting or way too cold and fouling. If you want you can start another thread about it and I'll debate it
Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quit confusing folks man...Youre a mod...There are NO TR 8s to be sold....They are NGK 8's.
Dude lighten up we all knew what he was talking about quit being a smart ***. I can do that well too I just try not to cause we are behind the computer and it doesn't come off the same as in person it makes you look stupid.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:46 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Congrats man.......

Took a while... but man wasnt it worth it...... I mis Ol San Antonio and Midnight Madness Racing LOL Ill be in Town for X-Mas

Kyle
Cool. Maybe I can meet you around that time. Ill be around.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
But its not uncommon to jump 20rwhp on a FI car leaning it out a bit - been there a lot of times Thats all I'm saying, cant change two things and say one helped and the other didnt..
I have the logs. I looked @ my dyno graphs and they dont have the TQ. The dam pickup is cutting in and out and I have to use hp vs speed to even get the graph to show I can tell you now I made a mistake. After looking @ all of the tuning instead of being @ 17 degree's we went to(18.5) 19. So That is where I think the horsepower came from. Sorry if I caused any confusion guys. But I actually took the time to look it all over last night. Staying up 20 hrs got the best of my memory. Hell you can tell I tought I ran 10.22@134 lol when it was 10.25@134 Oh well I got sleep last night and feel much better today
Old 11-21-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Dude lighten up we all knew what he was talking about quit being a smart ***. I can do that well too I just try not to cause we are behind the computer and it doesn't come off the same as in person it makes you look stupid.
When you get people who search for the part numbers they go to the store and get pissed cause the parts dude cant find them..Its already hard enough we have morons working the parts counters. This just makes matters worse. You lighten up.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I have the logs. I looked @ my dyno graphs and they dont have the TQ. The dam pickup is cutting in and out and I have to use hp vs speed to even get the graph to show I can tell you now I made a mistake. After looking @ all of the tuning instead of being @ 17 degree's we went to(18.5) 19. So That is where I think the horsepower came from. Sorry if I caused any confusion guys. But I actually took the time to look it all over last night. Staying up 20 hrs got the best of my memory. Hell you can tell I tought I ran 10.22@134 lol when it was 10.25@134 Oh well I got sleep last night and feel much better today
Colder plugs will pick up power because you can "lean" on them to make power. You cant run the same timing with a TR6 without getting issues. They will get too hot and glow sooner...equals pre-ignition.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:23 AM
9 Second Club

Colder plugs will pick up power because you can "lean" on them to make power. You cant run the same timing with a TR6 without getting issues. They will get too hot and glow sooner...equals pre-ignition.
Yea I hear ya Mike. I just wanted to add that. But the plugs are colder like you said.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:01 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you get people who search for the part numbers they go to the store and get pissed cause the parts dude cant find them..Its already hard enough we have morons working the parts counters. This just makes matters worse. You lighten up.
Look if everyone was doing searches then you wouldn't have the new thread every week about "What should I do for my FI motor etc..." No one searches they just post up and ask the questions so it wouldn't be a problem any ways. If some one post's up the wrong number or name just correct them and don't go into " There is no such thing as a TR 8" that is what I am talking about! But hey maybe you were already on the defensive with KP's debate about the power. Later!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:22 AM
9 Second Club

Dammit. Dont start **** in this. Be nice boys. Jeff that is the way Mike is. He has a ton knowledge just comes off strong on the net. But I can honestly say you both have helped me
Old 11-21-2006, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,201 Likes on 771 Posts

So how much psi are you running? Looking at your 60ft did you spin or come out a little easy?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
So how much psi are you running? Looking at your 60ft did you spin or come out a little easy?
Boost is @ 12 to 13 psi. I had the 28's @ 18 psi I didnt have enuff time to bleed them off anymore. Also my LCA's are flat not planted like they should be. It because of lowering the car with the QA1 setup. But I have relocation brackets ordered from UMI. So that will be the only change made before I run it again. I was the last one to run that night and I pulled some strings for the techs to let me in since the Lanes were closed. The Stenod cage is going in this weekend. I am only going to change what I mentioned and run it one more time before a gear swap. Stalled to 3400 and the brakes werent holding too well LOL So I will be in the market for better brakes also. But Im going to hook up my line lock too. Hope I can get a 9 sec pass. Dam and I tought I was finished.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:46 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Thats not what you said and I wont argue that, you said cooler chambers = more power which they do not

And I think people just say TR-8 on purpose to **** you off
Old 11-21-2006, 08:51 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Boost is @ 12 to 13 psi. I had the 28's @ 18 psi I didnt have enuff time to bleed them off anymore. Also my LCA's are flat not planted like they should be. It because of lowering the car with the QA1 setup. But I have relocation brackets ordered from UMI. So that will be the only change made before I run it again. I was the last one to run that night and I pulled some strings for the techs to let me in since the Lanes were closed. The Stenod cage is going in this weekend. I am only going to change what I mentioned and run it one more time before a gear swap. Stalled to 3400 and the brakes werent holding too well LOL So I will be in the market for better brakes also. But Im going to hook up my line lock too. Hope I can get a 9 sec pass. Dam and I tought I was finished.
The relocation brackets will help a bunch if you are spinning the tires, one of the most important things to do if good 60's are part of the plan
Old 11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kp
Thats not what you said and I wont argue that, you said cooler chambers = more power which they do not

And I think people just say TR-8 on purpose to **** you off
Its probably not what I said...But you cant get what you want to say out with a keyboard either.

To say the plugs didnt contribute to him making more power would be silly. I mean we can play internet rambo all day if you wanted to. I know what I mean but it dont always get it across like I want it. You're doubting the wrong person here, thats a fact.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:55 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
The relocation brackets will help a bunch if you are spinning the tires, one of the most important things to do if good 60's are part of the plan
Yup. I hope I can get this pig down to a 9.90 on the blower. Then I will be happy. For now I saw your 60 on the boosted list. ****
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Its probably not what I said...But you cant get what you want to say out with a keyboard either.

To say the plugs didnt contribute to him making more power would be silly. I mean we can play internet rambo all day if you wanted to. I know what I mean but it dont always get it across like I want it. You're doubting the wrong person here, thats a fact.
I wont argue, but he gave it more timing and leaned it out, thats what made more power lol. I'll just drop it, people can believe whtever they wish, there isnt all that much to it..
Old 11-21-2006, 09:01 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Yup. I hope I can get this pig down to a 9.90 on the blower. Then I will be happy. For now I saw your 60 on the boosted list. ****
Best 60' so far has been 1.279 (well 1.249 but I think the front bumper trips the 60' clocks sometimes). But I took a lot of weight off the front and put it on the rear so that helps too
Old 11-21-2006, 09:02 AM
9 Second Club

AFR is @ 11.4 across the board. With the tr6's it was 11.4 and with the NGK 8's it was 11.4 Via my inboard LC-1 and logged on my HP tuners cable.

Quick Reply: Took my little Vortech T trim to the track!