Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Took my little Vortech T trim to the track!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006 | 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

TR8's and 3.50 gears over here.
Old 11-21-2006 | 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
TR8's and 3.50 gears over here.
tr5's with 5:13's and a 2 billion shot.
Old 11-21-2006 | 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I ran mine @ .32 when they were in. But the car seems to like the NGK 8's. Becareful with a lean car on a stock bottom end. You know what happens. What you need is a wideband in the car. To make sure your tune is ok. If I can get this T trim into the 9's Ill be one happy camper and Ill buy myself a C5 Z06 next month
I have a forged bottom end with a little g trim and only about 11-12 lbs of boost, am i wrong thinking the tr6's aren't cold enough????

I'm bringing it to someone tomorrow, to tune my shift points and fatten up the tune on w.o.t.

my pig is going in the 10's in december that's my goal.
Old 11-21-2006 | 07:43 PM
Teching In

hey guys i have a 96 ws-6,with a v-2 vortech blower,and a zz4 lt-1 crate motor,with 4-5 psi im guessing.i looked online and this motor is a 10/1 compression motor and i am getting detenation.should i get the alky set up or a dynotune.the previous owner did nothing but buy the motor and put the blower on with a bigger pully for low boost.i don't have much money to spend.what should i do first.this car has x-frame and subframes with lowering springs and bilstien shocks,also has headers and 3 inch exuast.maybe intercooler?
Old 11-21-2006 | 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

add the alky inj, then custom tune
Old 11-21-2006 | 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by paydfour
with 4-5 psi im guessing.i looked online and this motor is a 10/1 compression motor and i am getting detenation.
You should be able to run 4-5 psi and 10/1 with a proper tune and no alky.
Old 11-22-2006 | 07:33 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I have a forged bottom end with a little g trim and only about 11-12 lbs of boost, am i wrong thinking the tr6's aren't cold enough????

I'm bringing it to someone tomorrow, to tune my shift points and fatten up the tune on w.o.t.

my pig is going in the 10's in december that's my goal.
Tr6's are fine but I like the way the NGK 8's stay away from the combustion chamber Good luck. I would keep the AFR on your car with the forged bottom around 11.4 to 11.7
Old 11-22-2006 | 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

do you have a part no for those tr8's?

did you gain 27 hp with just a change of the plugs???

i'm gonna tune her fat, she feels like she aint pulling that hard up high, prob cause she has no fuel. i'm almost embarrassed to admit what my afr is set at. we're gonna tune it on the street, we dont have a wideband so we're going to look at the l trims and try to figure it out that way.

caveman's car was running 10 lbs of boost on a t trim and running the same times as you. i'm sure you got 9.8's in your car. good luck.

i need a t trim on my car bad.
Old 11-22-2006 | 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
do you have a part no for those tr8's?

did you gain 27 hp with just a change of the plugs???

i'm gonna tune her fat, she feels like she aint pulling that hard up high, prob cause she has no fuel. i'm almost embarrassed to admit what my afr is set at. we're gonna tune it on the street, we dont have a wideband so we're going to look at the l trims and try to figure it out that way.

caveman's car was running 10 lbs of boost on a t trim and running the same times as you. i'm sure you got 9.8's in your car. good luck.

i need a t trim on my car bad.
NGK 4554 - R5671A8 RACING PLUGS

Can be found @ your local parts store. Stocking number is 4554.
Gap comes set @ .28 and you will need to remove a little fuel down low. I added 2 degrees of timing for the 27 rwhp diff. We will find out if she has a 9 or not soon. Im sure it does I should be able to put striaght race gas and raise the timing some more and see what I gain. But I still have the 2.75 pulley also.
Old 11-22-2006 | 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

no race gas!!!

get those Relocation B. in, i would experiment with your re shocks, do you have adj.? Anyways, if so, on launch, you car kicks back and them falls foward a bit, you might need a bit more lift to get a solid 60 to net you a 9.99 pass. I would try to reduce the compression damping a bit and see what happens...also adj your fronts a bit to get more lift as well.

you have the power and mph, just gotta go after that 60ft. Those gears should help out and those brackets... good luck!!

also, your video is out!
Old 11-23-2006 | 10:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
no race gas!!!

get those Relocation B. in, i would experiment with your re shocks, do you have adj.? Anyways, if so, on launch, you car kicks back and them falls foward a bit, you might need a bit more lift to get a solid 60 to net you a 9.99 pass. I would try to reduce the compression damping a bit and see what happens...also adj your fronts a bit to get more lift as well.

you have the power and mph, just gotta go after that 60ft. Those gears should help out and those brackets... good luck!!

also, your video is out!
Video is working Yea I had the rears set @ 4 on the drivers and 5 on the passanger and 4 in the front. Im going to put them @ 3 in the front and leave the rear alone. And my LCA issue will be resolved soon. The pinion is @ -2. I think Im going to set it @ -3. I just dont want to make too may changes right now. So Im going to do them step by step. But the relocation brackes are first. I can adjust the QA1's easily. LOL I still had all my amps,laptop,camera,jumper cables,helment and tools in the trunk

Quick Reply: Took my little Vortech T trim to the track!