Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on man you act like your the only guy waiting on his parts. Other people are waiting also and not posting about if I dont get my stuff first I want my money back. Im waiting just like you so just relax it x-mas time.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Jason...I understand your anger. You have been waiting for awhile. There are people that have been waitng longer then you and havent said anything. I talk to them just as I talk to you. When I talk to you on the phone your a totally different person then when your typing on the forum. Your nice and understanding, but not on here. I have been sending stuff out left and right for people. Like I said a long time ago the f-body kits were first then the GTO kits. Im going to give you a refund. Im done listening to all of this going on in this thread. I can only do so much and I cant be everywhere at once. Hell I had to go pay my cable bill for my house b/c it was shut off and Im having x-mas for my family at my house. How embarissng would that be if they all came over and had no TV to watch. Your not the only one that is suffering. Im done...I will talk to you about your refund later.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by white2001ta
Come on man you act like your the only guy waiting on his parts. Other people are waiting also and not posting about if I dont get my stuff first I want my money back. Im waiting just like you so just relax it x-mas time.
does anyone even have a complete kit? You got some of your stuff weeks ago, when exactly did you order yours? Relax? We are talking almost $6k and 11-12 weeks, he admitted in the pm he can't afford another refund, hello that tells me he does not have the $5700 to refund me and your telling me to relax? Thats the problem with this stuff everyone says relax you have not waited that long then a fuking year goes by and people get screwed over, not saying thats happening here but look at the history of turbo deals. Too many people just relaxed.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
Jason...I understand your anger. You have been waiting for awhile. There are people that have been waitng longer then you and havent said anything. I talk to them just as I talk to you. When I talk to you on the phone your a totally different person then when your typing on the forum. Your nice and understanding, but not on here. I have been sending stuff out left and right for people. Like I said a long time ago the f-body kits were first then the GTO kits. Im going to give you a refund. Im done listening to all of this going on in this thread. I can only do so much and I cant be everywhere at once. Hell I had to go pay my cable bill for my house b/c it was shut off and Im having x-mas for my family at my house. How embarissng would that be if they all came over and had no TV to watch. Your not the only one that is suffering. Im done...I will talk to you about your refund later.
dude yeah I try not to bug you but its just dragging on, everyone i talk to about it is like wtf is going on? Yeah I've been nice on the phone cause thats how I am but my patience is wearing thin, do you not see that in the posts you've sent? You say one thing then next week its another, all I want is the kit man. You tell me next week I will have it, but how can I even believe that? honestly man put yourself in my shoes
Old 12-21-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

I know seriously, grow up man. by bashing him here you're just going to get yourself banned.

He's a 1 man business for christ sake trying to do major production.

as far as I know every turbo kit has a lead time to be made and things happen to push the dates back sometimes. Its the holidays and I hope he takes a few days off and spends time with family rather work on xmas eve and xmas day to get your one single kit out...

you should have went with a supercharger if you wanted and needed something right away.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I know seriously, grow up man. by bashing him here you're just going to get yourself banned.

He's a 1 man business for christ sake trying to do major production.

as far as I know every turbo kit has a lead time to be made and things happen to push the dates back sometimes. Its the holidays and I hope he takes a few days off and spends time with family rather work on xmas eve and xmas day to get your one single kit out...

you should have went with a supercharger if you wanted and needed something right away.
look do you even read the posts he made? how does it look to you? 1-2 weeks, 3 more weeks, 4 more weeks, almost done, yadda yadda....I mean come on, I've been pretty damn reasonable here. I never said I wanted him to work the holidays but just tell me something and make it happen.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

good call on the refund, not worth the stress factor. seems like this guy is dr jekyll on the phone and mr hyde on the net
Old 12-21-2006, 10:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,179 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by SSblack98
Ok Nineball, ProstockJohn, I think it is time you had some input here.

Is it just me or did the screws not get "tightened" enough.
As the owner of a 15 person consulting firm, I always see the same trend year after year in this forum... Folks get on each other's butts and don't figure out a revised timeline. If I was a shop like Joel, I would come up with revised timelines, and see if folks are okay with that. I'd go from there.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:12 PM
HRJ
Launching!

I don't care what anyone says in this thread..........the thing that carries the biggest weight here is this

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Yes, that is Joel. Before signing on as a sponsor here, we asked that no turbo kit GP's be done, and that he would only sell kits that he has in stock. He can ask for partial deposits, but we do not encourage multiple orders being placed without items being ready to ship. Too many turbo vendors have burned our members in the past, so we are tightening the screws in this forum.
Welcome to the site (again) Joel, looking forward to seeing your work.
Nothing else said says really matters, does it.....? Either he's upholding his end of the agreement, or he isn't.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

good call on the refund, not worth the stress factor. seems like this guy is dr jekyll on the phone and mr hyde on the net
nah I was just told on the phone a week ago that I would have it before xmas, now today via pm its next week. I am just irritated and stressed out here. one gto guy already bailed and he didnt even wait as long as me.
I won't have **** to say for another week how's that, lets see if Joel can make his new promise he made. I hardly call him cause i know he is busy as **** and I didnt even pm him much maybe once a week, now lately more cause I am getting drained by this. I still think he is a good guy and not out to screw anyone but I dont want to be stepped on and just keep getting pushed aside. I took the leap and ordered the first gto kit and paid in full up front, I dont think people should be making me out to be an *** cause I am not
Old 12-21-2006, 10:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by HRJ
I don't care what anyone says in this thread..........the thing that carries the biggest weight here is this

Nothing else said says really matters, does it.....? Either he's upholding his end of the agreement, or he isn't.

In response to that post...Jason is the only one that paid in full. Everybody else made a deposit then when it was shipped they paid the rest. I dont know what you all expect of me. I have only been open for 4 months and have built alot of kits and sent them out. Im not here to take peoples money. Im here to try and make a living. If Tony and john want me gone then thats there call. Not any one elses on the board. Im going back to work now.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 PM
HRJ
Launching!

I dont know what you all expect of me.
I don't expect anything of you.....but, if I was an Admin here, or a customer, I'd expect you to keep your word.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got Me SOM I think you need to step back and look.

You place a order. told a time. Well if something is going wrong and things are not being done like said then what would you do. You have 90 days in which a bank will help you get your money back. So why would someone wait for 90 days to pass when they are living on hopes and dreams.

Do you even buy a kit?

I am the 2nd person here.

Lets talk money here.

ME $2700.00 half down
Turbogoat $6k Full payment
3rd GTO owner $2700.00 Half down
LT1 kit $5k
3 or 4 ls1 kits so say 6k total

thats how much? $22K+++ What does your average turbo kit cost in parts? $3-4k or less.
So for someone to say he does not have money for a refund is total bullshit. Wonder if that was used to buy a new bike, new car, or the new motor a little bridy told me he got.

I want the same thing as turbogoat . A kit I have been waiting almost 7 weeks which is cool but if I get screwed out of my money I am comming to take it out of someones ***. You can cash a check on that one.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Got Me SOM I think you need to step back and look.

You place a order. told a time. Well if something is going wrong and things are not being done like said then what would you do. You have 90 days in which a bank will help you get your money back. So why would someone wait for 90 days to pass when they are living on hopes and dreams.

Do you even buy a kit?

I am the 2nd person here.

Lets talk money here.

ME $2700.00 half down
Turbogoat $6k Full payment
3rd GTO owner $2700.00 Half down
LT1 kit $5k
3 or 4 ls1 kits so say 6k total

thats how much? $22K+++ What does your average turbo kit cost in parts? $3-4k or less.
So for someone to say he does not have money for a refund is total bullshit. Wonder if that was used to buy a new bike, new car, or the new motor a little bridy told me he got.

I want the same thing as turbogoat . A kit I have been waiting almost 7 weeks which is cool but if I get screwed out of my money I am comming to take it out of someones ***. You can cash a check on that one.
Had to check back...Cant even work anymore. On all that stuff above. Lets see a Lt1 $5k...Where did that come from. I havnt even sold a LT1 kit. If your talking about kanes. That was a mockup car. I did not make a penny on that. He paid for the parts at cost and got labor for free. Your $2700 down is in parts for your kit. Parts add up fast. The 3rd GTO kit I already refunded his money. So thats gone. And the othe ls1 kits...Im lucky if I made $800 off each kit. Im still getting everything down. So the money that im suppose to make I cant yet. Still building the shop....Like tools etc. Just tot let you know your GTO kit cost me more then $4000 to build. Also this little birdie that you here talking I know who it is. Yes I bought a car (1986fiero) for $500.00 b/c I was driving my sisters old car for the past 2 yrs sense my camaro is broke. I never bought a bike...dont even know how to ride them. I guess I cant live either.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

LOL, Ive been involved in Big Business where clients are shelling hundreds of thousands of dollars waiting on equipment , and guess what , lead times get pushed back for one reason or another.

you guys think its so easy to just whip a bunch of kits. he has to order material, answer calls and pms about guys whining about when their kit is gonna come, he has to weld up stuff, send it out to get coated etc. these things take time and you guys have no absolute sense of what it takes to fabricate something and get it out the door on time.

simmer down cowboy i'm sure your kit is being made..
Old 12-21-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as you Get Me Som I work in the same feild and when a client does not make the due date then they get fined a **** load. So what you are saying holds no ground homie
Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

LOL, Ive been involved in Big Business where clients are shelling hundreds of thousands of dollars waiting on equipment , and guess what , lead times get pushed back for one reason or another.

you guys think its so easy to just whip a bunch of kits. he has to order material, answer calls and pms about guys whining about when their kit is gonna come, he has to weld up stuff, send it out to get coated etc. these things take time and you guys have no absolute sense of what it takes to fabricate something and get it out the door on time.

simmer down cowboy i'm sure your kit is being made..
to be honest if you didn't order one and you are not a part of OFI or the staff here then I dont think you belong in this thread.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

WOW. Well All I can say is the kit is worth the wait.The parts I got look and fit awessome .Keep up the good work joel and have a good x-mas.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TurboGoat
does anyone even have a complete kit? You got some of your stuff weeks ago, when exactly did you order yours? Relax? We are talking almost $6k and 11-12 weeks, he admitted in the pm he can't afford another refund, hello that tells me he does not have the $5700 to refund me and your telling me to relax? Thats the problem with this stuff everyone says relax you have not waited that long then a fuking year goes by and people get screwed over, not saying thats happening here but look at the history of turbo deals. Too many people just relaxed.
I paid in full along time ago. I was the guy who sent Joel the S80 turbo to see if it would fit.So that tells you how long Ive been waiting.Im not saying that you havent been waiting also.But Im not on here bitching about not having a kit yet.The f-body kit was first not the gto.But if Joel needs to finsh yours before mine I dont care. Hang in there Joel have a great x-mas.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:01 PM
HRJ
Launching!

Originally Posted by TurboGoat
to be honest if you didn't order one and you are not a part of OFI or the staff here then I dont think you belong in this thread.
Actually, that's right on the money. And it applies to me as well.

Sorry to interject gentlemen. I'll stay out of your thread.

Quick Reply: Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!