Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006 | 07:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
The thing is I thought that Turbo companys were not to presell unless product was ready to be shipped. I think that came straight from NINEBall himself. No taking alot of peoples money and messing people around. Not saying that Joel will but thought that was new rules when he rejoined under OFI from Gmr.
I thought so too. Someone somewhere obviously "dropped the ball" on the new rules. But it is just as much us the customers fault too. We allow companies to do this to us. But its hard when so few good choices are available. Especially nice ones like Joel's kits. Maybe someday when more companies are established and there are more readily available choices this crap won't happen.
Old 12-15-2006 | 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Look guys, even APS (who is having all these introductory deals) stated in their GTO post that they are taking deposits now andhope to ship by February.

Hang in there Joel...
Old 12-15-2006 | 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Look guys, even APS (who is having all these introductory deals) stated in their GTO post that they are taking deposits now andhope to ship by February.

Hang in there Joel...
Sorry nice try but there is a huge difference between taking $1k deposits to make sure people are serious and wanting half up front and then asking for the other half long before stuff is ready to ship. Look I want to do what I can to help Joel out because I know he is in a tight spot and has alot to deal with right now but he isn't the only one with alot on their plate. Its not like the rest of us live stress free lives and are just sitting around with nothing to do but wait on our turbo kits. I have ALOT better things do right now then worry about or deal with all this BS.
Old 12-15-2006 | 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

ya'll know what the problem here is, if there even is one....

"the customer is always right" that underlines the markets. It is understandeable for a person to spend, what could only be hard-earned money if you are objecting in this manner, and not recieve what they paid for when they are told they will get it. Wake-up call, it has been established plenty of times on this thread and it has been overlooked with "but, my.... blahblahblah!!" Joel is at this solo. I have workd enough on cars to understand that just developing parts is a handful. Now answering phones, email, pm... well, THAT was already been addresses as well in this thread and that also has been rebuted.

Come on guys, we are not talking about producing cookies, its a fabb'd single turbo kit, for multiple applications. And there is the business.... ya'll seriously think that the bills will wait on the customers ability to drop a check? So its not as easy as saying "just dont take any money until you everything ready for shipping"....... that shipping material costs and if you are not blessed with enough start-up capital to cover that shipping material, where are you gonna get it from. Even with starter money, and you cannot bases your current financial credit on another since it varies, ya'll think that it would be enough to keep up with the local market, plus the internet crowd. I think there is two sides to this and the idea that the customer is superior over the one producing the product is obsurd. Why dont you go out and try it for a day or so, let see you apply what you say without faultering.

I think there is to much of that,......... thinking. We are not in his shoes and our comments based on educated guess (if that) IS NOT THE TRUTH. We can only summarize. Also, we all know the way business's have been with turbo kits around here... we must give everyone a fair chance. Another business day is just another day for **** to hit the fan. We can only do wo much to prepare ourselves. We can all opinion on how might joel of acted on a particular but we are not him, all we add is negative feedback that doesn't help to the pot.

If you are one of the ppl that just cannot get away from threads like this, then there is no hope. We have all seen this before. Company announced....product looks sweet....some shipping delays....thread like "please return my PM's or insert negative rant.....company is nowhere to be found..... If you have business with joel, fine, if you dont... and feel that you must add negativity to the thread becuase of whatever... then you are not helping the cause.

Again, he is building turbo kits for three different cars BY HIMSELF!!! dealing with a new business solo... you cannot just say after reading that "well, STILL.... i need my **** or i want my money back!!" If you are that kind of person, well, good luck to ya becuase you are gonna be saying that for a long time. You cannot just got to his shop and pick the kit of the rack (well, not yet!! ) he has to get it built.

And for those with companies addin to the negative vibe, dont even go there. You went or got hit, dont try to bring another person down with ya...
Old 12-15-2006 | 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Default This is a Quote From Nine Ball

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Yes, that is Joel. Before signing on as a sponsor here, we asked that no turbo kit GP's be done, and that he would only sell kits that he has in stock. He can ask for partial deposits, but we do not encourage multiple orders being placed without items being ready to ship. Too many turbo vendors have burned our members in the past, so we are tightening the screws in this forum.

Welcome to the site (again) Joel, looking forward to seeing your work.
Just wondering what happend to this?
Old 12-15-2006 | 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=OFI this is the link to the above.
Old 12-15-2006 | 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Not bashing or nothing like that just wondering why this is going on like it is? I understand a deposit to make sure people aren't blowing smoke up your ***. When a person spends about 3000 for a deposit then someone needs to keep them updated in the loop. Joel's work looks alwesome but you need to give youself more lead time or get some help.
Old 12-15-2006 | 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Just wondering what happend to this?
Ok Nineball, ProstockJohn, I think it is time you had some input here.

Is it just me or did the screws not get "tightened" enough.
Old 12-15-2006 | 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

I think you need to take a deep breath and relax....just a little bit
Old 12-15-2006 | 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

This is kinda what happens when you do business with the small guy instead of maybe the established Sponsors. In my prior experience I will pay more next time and go to a established business. With the small business you kinda got to be carefull because you don't know if they will be around.
Old 12-15-2006 | 10:16 PM
9 Second Club

Here is some food for thought for those of you that have kits on order.

I have a very good friend that had delivery delays with a very well established turbo company a year ago for his foxbody Stang. I'm going to leave the name of the company out of this, but I think many need to realize that long lead times are typical for any vendor supplying turbo kits (even many of the established vendors). My friend ordered his kit in the spring of 2005, placing 50% down. He was originally promised delivery in 6-8 weeks. Three months after his order was placed, he was contacted by the vendor requiring an additional 30% for purchase of the turbo and misc items. Then one additional month later (4 months total) he made the final payment based on what he thought was the kit being ready to ship in less than one week. He received 1/2 the kit 2 weeks after he made the final payment. The remainder of the kit trickled in over the next 5 weeks. So this kit from a very well established turbo kit company in the Mustang world took almost 6 months to ship the entire kit.

My point is that these things take time. My friend was fit to be tied while he was waiting for his parts. But most importantly, the first time he took his new turbo stang out for a drive you couldn't have slapped the smile off his face. When asked if he would do it again, his comment was; here you drive an let me know what you think!

I went into my purchase of a turbo kit with the expectation that it would take a few months to get the kit. That's why I ordered it in late fall so I would have till spring to finish up the project. I have very high expectations as to the quality of the parts I was purchasing. Joel and I have had many discussions about my expectations and thus far he has met every one.
Old 12-16-2006 | 12:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hi people....im stuck at ohara airport in chicago. Didnt get flight home in time. Now i have to stay the night here in a chair. I guess thats what I get for delivering one of my turbo kits. **** happens. Talk to you all later.
Old 12-16-2006 | 12:45 AM
12 Second Club

So Joel, how did the customer like his new LT1 Turbo toy
Old 12-16-2006 | 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

ozws6 couldnt have said it better you couldnt slap the smile off my face. Car is awesome drives perfect a/c works perfect and i could go on and on. Its definetly worth the wait and sorry to hear about that joel o'hare does suck not as bad as the roads or construction leading out of it though
Old 12-16-2006 | 05:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by obZidian
ya'll know what the problem here is, if there even is one....

"the customer is always right" that underlines the markets. It is understandeable for a person to spend, what could only be hard-earned money if you are objecting in this manner, and not recieve what they paid for when they are told they will get it. Wake-up call, it has been established plenty of times on this thread and it has been overlooked with "but, my.... blahblahblah!!" Joel is at this solo. I have workd enough on cars to understand that just developing parts is a handful. Now answering phones, email, pm... well, THAT was already been addresses as well in this thread and that also has been rebuted.

Come on guys, we are not talking about producing cookies, its a fabb'd single turbo kit, for multiple applications. And there is the business.... ya'll seriously think that the bills will wait on the customers ability to drop a check? So its not as easy as saying "just dont take any money until you everything ready for shipping"....... that shipping material costs and if you are not blessed with enough start-up capital to cover that shipping material, where are you gonna get it from. Even with starter money, and you cannot bases your current financial credit on another since it varies, ya'll think that it would be enough to keep up with the local market, plus the internet crowd. I think there is two sides to this and the idea that the customer is superior over the one producing the product is obsurd. Why dont you go out and try it for a day or so, let see you apply what you say without faultering.

I think there is to much of that,......... thinking. We are not in his shoes and our comments based on educated guess (if that) IS NOT THE TRUTH. We can only summarize. Also, we all know the way business's have been with turbo kits around here... we must give everyone a fair chance. Another business day is just another day for **** to hit the fan. We can only do wo much to prepare ourselves. We can all opinion on how might joel of acted on a particular but we are not him, all we add is negative feedback that doesn't help to the pot.

If you are one of the ppl that just cannot get away from threads like this, then there is no hope. We have all seen this before. Company announced....product looks sweet....some shipping delays....thread like "please return my PM's or insert negative rant.....company is nowhere to be found..... If you have business with joel, fine, if you dont... and feel that you must add negativity to the thread becuase of whatever... then you are not helping the cause.

Again, he is building turbo kits for three different cars BY HIMSELF!!! dealing with a new business solo... you cannot just say after reading that "well, STILL.... i need my **** or i want my money back!!" If you are that kind of person, well, good luck to ya becuase you are gonna be saying that for a long time. You cannot just got to his shop and pick the kit of the rack (well, not yet!! ) he has to get it built.

And for those with companies addin to the negative vibe, dont even go there. You went or got hit, dont try to bring another person down with ya...
The biggest issue was the PROMISED delivery date and build time vs the lingering "soons". No one can dispute the beauty of this kit or the quality, but If you shoot your delivery times short, you're asking to get brow beat.

In my line of business, if we promise the customer a date of completion, it gets done on time or early, unless the customer faults. Many of times I've worked 24hr shifts to get it done, no "two more weeks" in our business. There is no reason to blame the customer on delivery times the COMPANY set. Under-promise, over-achieve.
Old 12-16-2006 | 05:43 AM
TECH Junkie

This is kinda what happens when you do business with the small guy instead of maybe the established Sponsors. In my prior experience I will pay more next time and go to a established business. With the small business you kinda got to be carefull because you don't know if they will be around.
The problem is a small guy cant become a well established sponsor then... which means the very few established sponsors can charge big $$ due to lack of competition.

Joel, when you get a chance reply back to my email I sent about the SBC S.S> header flanges I ordered. Thanks.

Jon (jrbellas95z28@yahoo.com)
Old 12-16-2006 | 06:24 AM
9 Second Club

The solution is....build em one at a time, and charge the customers a bloody fortune for it.

That way its worth doing for the fabricator, and each customer gets what they want, when they want. Everyone else can just sit there and join the queue.....whichl will probably get even longer than people are currently having to wait.
Old 12-16-2006 | 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Dang Joel So sorry to hear about this. Having read the customers response about the car is very encouraging though!!!! I hope you get home soon and safe.
David K. Wilson
'94 Z28 383 LT1 A4 3.42
'96 Z28 383 LT1 M6 4.10 (T76 Turbo being installed)

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
Hi people....im stuck at ohara airport in chicago. Didnt get flight home in time. Now i have to stay the night here in a chair. I guess thats what I get for delivering one of my turbo kits. **** happens. Talk to you all later.
Old 12-16-2006 | 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Just curious, what line of business are you in? How many employees? Do you handlle all aspects of the business yourself? Procurement, Inventory management, Accounting, Phone answering, emails, advertising, "Walk Ins", Welding Tubular headers out of Stainless Steel to fit in an engine compartment that barely has room for the stock cast manifolds? Joel has learned a lot from this. He has tried to make a high quality product that is difficult to engineer(and has succeeded). He has tried to make it available at a competitive price(and has succeeded). He has tried to make it deliverable in an 'best guess' time frame(and, due to the large number of orders, been unable to comply). I'd be willing to bet all of you will get your kits and will be highly satisfied with the quality and fitment and price. Joel will advance the estimated deliverable time, based on what he's encountered in "real time". We should all buy stock in Coffee companies because Joel will be upping his intake of the energizing fluid by an exponential figure, staying in the welders area, flashing yet another piece of artwork for our eager and awaiting cars.

Originally Posted by caindo
The biggest issue was the PROMISED delivery date and build time vs the lingering "soons". No one can dispute the beauty of this kit or the quality, but If you shoot your delivery times short, you're asking to get brow beat.

In my line of business, if we promise the customer a date of completion, it gets done on time or early, unless the customer faults. Many of times I've worked 24hr shifts to get it done, no "two more weeks" in our business. There is no reason to blame the customer on delivery times the COMPANY set. Under-promise, over-achieve.
Old 12-16-2006 | 10:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just wanted to let you all know that I just got home. I didnt sleep all night. Damn airport people kept cleaning threw the night. Plus I had some money on me and couldnt trust people why I would be a sleep. I will catch up with all of you later. I have to get some rest.

Realquick...stuff is on its way.

Quick Reply: Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!