Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tt427ls1
Just wanted to let you all know that I just got home. I didnt sleep all night. Damn airport people kept cleaning threw the night. Plus I had some money on me and couldnt trust people why I would be a sleep. I will catch up with all of you later. I have to get some rest.

Realquick...stuff is on its way.
Hang in there and keep your head up Joel.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Realquick...stuff is on its way.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Just curious, what line of business are you in? How many employees? Do you handlle all aspects of the business yourself? Procurement, Inventory management, Accounting, Phone answering, emails, advertising, "Walk Ins", Welding Tubular headers out of Stainless Steel to fit in an engine compartment that barely has room for the stock cast manifolds? Joel has learned a lot from this. He has tried to make a high quality product that is difficult to engineer(and has succeeded). He has tried to make it available at a competitive price(and has succeeded). He has tried to make it deliverable in an 'best guess' time frame(and, due to the large number of orders, been unable to comply). I'd be willing to bet all of you will get your kits and will be highly satisfied with the quality and fitment and price. Joel will advance the estimated deliverable time, based on what he's encountered in "real time". We should all buy stock in Coffee companies because Joel will be upping his intake of the energizing fluid by an exponential figure, staying in the welders area, flashing yet another piece of artwork for our eager and awaiting cars.
Yes, I deal with customers. Yes, I answer their phonecalls. And yes, I do the work (sometimes me and 2 others). I'm a Lineman . I work in the field, and sometimes 80ft above the field in only gaffs and a belt/scare-strap. We don't come down `til it's done. And yes, things we build defy "paper-logic" . If I make a mistake though, I'm dead .
No one EVER disputed the quality of Joel's kits, EVER!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I've done that before too. North Little Rock Electric Dept, N.L.R. , Ark.
Hats off....

Originally Posted by caindo
Yes, I deal with customers. Yes, I answer their phonecalls. And yes, I do the work (sometimes me and 2 others). I'm a Lineman . I work in the field, and sometimes 80ft above the field in only gaffs and a belt/scare-strap. We don't come down `til it's done. And yes, things we build defy "paper-logic" . If I make a mistake though, I'm dead .
No one EVER disputed the quality of Joel's kits, EVER!
Old 12-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Hang in there Joel, you have a great quality looking kit. Hopefully one day I will be an LT1 kit owner, have to save up for a low compression motor build and the kit I still would like to come out and check out the shop and have a look around, but I am sure you are very busy at the moment, maybe I could stop around in the spring.

Craig.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Hi Joel, sorry to hear you had such a bad weekend. Just wondering how things are looking this week and if stuff will be shipped in time for friday delivery.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Up again.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Look guys, even APS (who is having all these introductory deals) stated in their GTO post that they are taking deposits now andhope to ship by February.
Not hoping.......will definitely ship GTO twin turbo systems at the end of Feb/early March 07........systems being processed by the APS production department right now.

Peter
Old 12-18-2006, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f-body?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSblack98
Hi Joel, sorry to hear you had such a bad weekend. Just wondering how things are looking this week and if stuff will be shipped in time for friday delivery.
ditto that
Old 12-20-2006, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

anybody heard anything from Joel this week?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cablebandit
f-body?
If all goes to plan around July 07.

Happy holidays,

Peter
Old 12-20-2006, 04:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurboGoat
anybody heard anything from Joel this week?
Im right here at work. Just sent out some f-body stuff and Im still working on yours. The stuff is in production.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Joel, just wondering if I should expect anything this week. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Im right here at work. Just sent out some f-body stuff and Im still working on yours. The stuff is in production.
eta? If its dragging on much past this week I want a refund. I dont care anymore, I have race coming up in Jan and I dont plan on missing it. We are only 10days from the the new year and I ordered this on October 7th. I think I have been the most patient person here
Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Joel thanks for yet another update and delay.
Originally Posted by o.f.i
hey...... You will have your stuff next week. The guy with the mock up car has not gotton here wit his car. He will be dropping it off tonight. If all goes well its yours. I really hope you will wait. I cant afford another refund on a gto kit. I will have 4 of them done very shortly just to sell. Intercooler is still being made as I know. I will call him tonight to find out. Even If I dont have that I will still ship your hotparts out to you. At least you will have something to do. Sorry about this again. I just sent out some more f-body kits today and yesterday. Im just telling you so you dont think that Im just sitting on my ***.

Thanks Joel
I am posting this publicly cause I want others to know whats going on also.
Like I said in the return pm, if I dont have everything by the end of next week I am doing a chargeback with my bank. The only thing I would exclude is the IC since you say the guy is still working on them but I want everything else, turbo included.
I am trying to work with you but its gone on too long and each week its another delay. I hope for your own future and reputation you can get me my stuff. I am sure if I get it I will forget all this and be happy as hell but at this point I have doubts.
thanks man
Old 12-21-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Not hoping.......will definitely ship GTO twin turbo systems at the end of Feb/early March 07........systems being processed by the APS production department right now.

Peter
Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

eta? If its dragging on much past this week I want a refund. I dont care anymore, I have race coming up in Jan and I dont plan on missing it. We are only 10days from the the new year and I ordered this on October 7th. I think I have been the most patient person here
bro its xmas time give him a break.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
bro its xmas time give him a break.
Sorry BRO why don't you give me a break or better yet can you vouch for Joel and put up $5,700 for me? This is business so xmas means nothing, I could be sitting on some of my money and using it for xmas instead I got nothing so far but broken promises
Sorry but here is where its at, How can you believe anything after reading these posts. Like I said I get the complete kit, I forget everything and I will be his biggest supporter.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

7/7/2006
Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Yes, that is Joel. Before signing on as a sponsor here, we asked that no turbo kit GP's be done, and that he would only sell kits that he has in stock. He can ask for partial deposits, but we do not encourage multiple orders being placed without items being ready to ship. Too many turbo vendors have burned our members in the past, so we are tightening the screws in this forum.
Welcome to the site (again) Joel, looking forward to seeing your work.
7/26/2006
Just to keep everyone up to date. I am currently in the process of making a single turbo kit for the 04-06 gto.
The gto kit will be completed in 4-6 weeks. I dont know the final pricing as of yet, but it will be with in the post that PSJ started about turbo setups.
The GTO kit will fit a GT42R. None of the acc on the GTO will have to be moved. These kits will have tubular headers on both sides(coated) tig welded, Tial BOV & WG, v-band clamps, HTS silicone, t-clamps not the worm ones(lots of boost) , air to water intercooler setups. Also everything will be above the k-frame using the stock k-member. No need to cut up those bumbers.
Im not going to go into anymore detail on how the kit is setup until it is released. Pictures will be up when it is ready. I understand all the proplems that people are having lately. I have spoken to Tony about this and NO orders will be taken until the kit is done. You can call and put your name on the list if you want one, but I will not take your money. Give it to Tony to buy a c6 z06 . After I have some hot parts all made up then I will take some orders. That way they will ship out with in 1 week. The kit will be well worth it.

Thanks for reading....OFI
9/23/2006
Im a new company, but have built other turbo setups for another shop that I worked at. I have sold 3 f-body kits as they have been for sale longer. The GTO kit just went on sale this week. It will take 2-3 weeks to ship to you.
Thank Joel
10/6/2006
Yes you can reach me tomarrow at the shop. The kit will take 3-4 weeks to get to you. Thanks joel.
10/24/2006
Sorry....been really busy. Your kit is about 3 weeks away. I will let you know when its pretty close to done. Thanks agian Joel
10/29/2006
The kits are on order for some people of this board. They will have the kits with in the next couple weeks. I got really slammed with orders that is why I stopped taking them until Nov 1st. I hate getting behind on things for customers. Sense everything is built in house by me. I try to stay on top of things. Today (sunday) is my first day I have taken to sit and relax. Sometimes you just need a day off.
11/11/2006
Oh ****...sorry I got your message. I forgot to get back to you. Lots of things going on at once. Sorry about that. Yeah your kit is moving along. Working on the downpipe this week and waiting for the intercooler to show up. Thanks Joel
11/18/2006
****...sorry forgot to send you a pm. Yours is also almost done. Today has just been a crazy day. Ran out of welding gas, broke the band saw blade. That stuff just meses up your day. Sorry about that.
12/2/2006
Hey...I just talked to the guy that is doing the intercoolers. He is still waiting for the cores to come in. I can send you your hot parts this week, but the cold stuff I will need for the intercooler to make sure everything fits good. The oil pan drain is the same as the vortechs setup. The easist thing to do is go to there website and get the intructions for the gto kit. Its real easy to do....Thanks Joel
12/6/2006
Im working on it for you. Im trying to get your stuff and another f-body setup out the door this week at the same time finishing this lt1 car that Im delivering this weekend end to Illinios.
12/8/2006
Hey..Im going to be test fitting all your parts today for the hot side. If everything goes well I will box them up and ship them to you. Thanks for being so patient with me through this. I know its hard.
12/14/2006
I spoke to him just now, he says some of us will have stuff before xmas......
the other guy is working on the Intercoolers
said he does not order the turbo until the last minute cause he does not like to keep that much high $$ inventory around, understandble
12/21/2006
hey...... You will have your stuff next week. The guy with the mock up car has not gotton here wit his car. He will be dropping it off tonight. If all goes well its yours. I really hope you will wait. I cant afford another refund on a gto kit. I will have 4 of them done very shortly just to sell. Intercooler is still being made as I know. I will call him tonight to find out. Even If I dont have that I will still ship your hotparts out to you. At least you will have something to do. Sorry about this again. I just sent out some more f-body kits today and yesterday. Im just telling you so you dont think that Im just sitting on my ***.
Thanks Joel

Last edited by TurboGoat; 12-21-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Who all ordered an OFI kit!!!!