Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any LT1's running EPP's front mount?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any LT1's running EPP's front mount?

I am really considering one but i'm wondering how much work is required to make it fit? This is on a TA btw. I already tried a search and didn't find anything
Old 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

I believe I've read some threads that were very positive... But definitely wait until the search works or Procharger people chime in.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

Im sure if we had another LT1 car in house, and there was interest in these, we could do a LT1 package. The modifications are minimal, mostly just for mounting the core.

The pipes are about the same, except for the first charge pipe from the blower.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
Im sure if we had another LT1 car in house, and there was interest in these, we could do a LT1 package. The modifications are minimal, mostly just for mounting the core.

The pipes are about the same, except for the first charge pipe from the blower.
Too bad i'm not closer to you guys or I would let my car be a test mule Do you guys have an option to have the pipes ceramic coated?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Funkybird
Too bad i'm not closer to you guys or I would let my car be a test mule Do you guys have an option to have the pipes ceramic coated?
We currently do not option that, however for an additional fee we could have them done at say jet hot or percision coating. Really there is not much heat to be made in the pipes. Its not like its by the exhaust or close to any other heat source. A nice powder coat would look just as good for a fraction of the cost.

Thus being said, we send out pipes un-painted and wiped down in oil to prevent rusting during transit. I suggest scuffing them with a scotch bright and painting them soon after. A nice duplicolour looks verry good.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We installed our front mount intercooler assembly on Call911's LT1 Camaro. You might check with him, it fit real good. Bob
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Another FMIC kit setup from Bob that I modified myself. I cut my pipes in certain areas as well since it's an LS1 setup. Not much thought process involved really. The discharge pipe I shortened the 90* by 3" so it would hug closer to the fans and not interfere w/ the coolant resevoir, I also cut the slight bend they had to connect to the outlet of the blower and welded a extra 15" this way I could run a 90* off the blower into another 90* connecting to the discharge pipe.

The pipe connecting to the TB all I did was add 4" (due to being too short to reach the TB elbow) as you can see to mount the BPV and that was it. I can have more pics of the underside later today if you want to get a better understanding of what I just wrote.

Last edited by SRZ; 03-02-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Bob said, they installed one on my LT1. It works awesome, and honestly I don't think they had too hard of a time with the install. I was particular to because I didn't want my front bumper all hacked up. I later did some custom ducting to direct air up to the FMIC. It does a great job of keeping my IAT's nice and cool. Now, I have heard that there is less room on the Firebirds to work with than the Camaro's, so it might be a little more work to get it done on them. But if Bob says they can do it, they will

Old 03-02-2007, 02:34 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here are the other pics. As you can see this no longer interferes with the resevoir since I made it shorter

The extension and the removal of their slight bend that you see in the 1st pic in my original post

And the 90* elbow's. I've got a pipe notched on both ends between those 2 elbows. And plenty of ground clearance and I'm sitting LOW.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

i have pics in my sif of mine

Quick Reply: Any LT1's running EPP's front mount?