Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having the same problem. the link wouldn't work for me. my e-mail is gritter@precisionquincy.com or flashgordon1970@hotmail.com
Old 05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by zero_proto
got ya
Thanks man!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FLASH1970
I was having the same problem. the link wouldn't work for me. my e-mail is gritter@precisionquincy.com or flashgordon1970@hotmail.com
got ya on hotmail.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks alot. Im on the list now
Old 05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Teching In

i'm in it to win it.
Man this is going to be great, my car should be ready by them i get of deployment. First thing i'm going to do is get to a red light and burn out the whole block. Maybe not, but i know i am going to roast my tires to death, i see them lasting one week max......

Plus to put it to the test i am going to drive from san diego to houston, texas.
I am going to register my car in Texas so that i can avoid california smog laws.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
Sorry I gotta ask this, but does anyone know how long your funds are protected on any of the major cc's if the product is never delivered? I know its more than 30 days, but not sure how far out your buyer protection goes....

Is this just reserving the funds on a CC untill product is ready to deliver and only then finalizing the charges, or are you running the full charge immediatley to pay for your development?

I got burned by Incon, paid in full w/ cash on deposit. Never even got a FU card. I would just like a guarantee that my money is safe by putting down a deposit. People disappear off the face of the earth for less than 6G, and I still need to kick someones *** over that deal...
Just to show you what a awesome company APS is heres a link about the GTO guys who ordered there kits the same way with a $1000.00 deposit as well. http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread....&highlight=APS
Should put you and everyone else at ease.

Les
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 AM
9 Second Club

how many units are left to order if any?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I got my deposit processed!! Just ordered a textralia twin disc .And just realized that also comes from Australia. Ordered Nick Williams 90 mm tb also. I do have fast 90 but still have talked to several guys that said they have pushed at least 20psi no problem thru their fast intake. I like the fast as its 90mm and also set up for direct port nitrous .Nitrous and turbos go together really well.

I also recently bought jet tuning program, it used to be tunercat but not overly impressed with the support for it and might go to hptuners as it seems more turbo oriented and better support,more user friendly. I needed the jet tuner for my 96z and hptuners don't make obd2 for the lt1 yet.

I picked up that gt7 lingenfelter cam last year when ordered my gmr twins.I didn't install it yet. Plans are for new engine not 100% decided on 370 ,40? or 427. 427 is still think the one am doing. Iron block. Stay reasonable on heads think just Patriot stage 3 lq9 heads.Turbos make most of the power anyway.Of course will have for sure forged pistons and rods and likely crank as well. Might as well do it right the first time.Why take chances but seen the stock cranks take some big power.

Fuel system plan on Nasty performance custom tank and big magnafuel setup.Start with 60 pound injectors then go up to 96's low impedence likely later on. Need that versafueler thing I guess to do that.

Already done brakes on my 99 ta and suspension mods. Have as you can see in sig hotchkis lower control arms,panhard,shock tower brace and sway bars. Slp eibach springs the firehawk ones with 3/4 inch drop and kyb agx shocks.Kenny brown double diamond subframe connectors and kvr rotors and pads.

Rear end likely go moser 9 inch ford. A little leary to have to give up my abs since my car is not traction control car. But I like 9 inch over the 12 bolts.

I have reasonable goals likely be happy to run around town at 500 to 600 engine hp and save the rest of the potential for very occasional grudge matches, track trip or just some extra fun and scaring myself silly.

I have no doubt that anything much past 500rwhp will likley be total waste of time traction wise in the first couple of gears and maybe even third?Would think could hook in fourth maybe? I have nitto drag radials might try some et street radials at the track but not caging the car ever so doubt it will have a bright track future.
Would think this type of combo can do 11.5 without much difficulty.

So very excited to get my kit and looking foward to finally being on the boosted list.

I do have a lot of experience with dsms. And currently have a very highly modified 97 talon set up for about 650 hp engine and direct port option on top of that.
I run the car around 500 engine daily and its a screamer weighing only around 3100 driver out. Awd lets you hook up unbelievable even on my street firestone fuzions.
No track trip yet with that car.Maybe next season after getting race trans and better axles.

So be on the edge of my chair waiting for the day that APS box shows up at my door.
And even though likely be next spring when the car is all together thats fine as at least hoping this time the twin turbo dream comes true.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

someone has money ^^^^^^
Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Well I got my deposit processed!! Just ordered a textralia twin disc .And just realized that also comes from Australia. Ordered Nick Williams 90 mm tb also. I do have fast 90 but still have talked to several guys that said they have pushed at least 20psi no problem thru their fast intake. I like the fast as its 90mm and also set up for direct port nitrous .Nitrous and turbos go together really well.

I also recently bought jet tuning program, it used to be tunercat but not overly impressed with the support for it and might go to hptuners as it seems more turbo oriented and better support,more user friendly. I needed the jet tuner for my 96z and hptuners don't make obd2 for the lt1 yet.

I picked up that gt7 lingenfelter cam last year when ordered my gmr twins.I didn't install it yet. Plans are for new engine not 100% decided on 370 ,40? or 427. 427 is still think the one am doing. Iron block. Stay reasonable on heads think just Patriot stage 3 lq9 heads.Turbos make most of the power anyway.Of course will have for sure forged pistons and rods and likely crank as well. Might as well do it right the first time.Why take chances but seen the stock cranks take some big power.

Fuel system plan on Nasty performance custom tank and big magnafuel setup.Start with 60 pound injectors then go up to 96's low impedence likely later on. Need that versafueler thing I guess to do that.

Already done brakes on my 99 ta and suspension mods. Have as you can see in sig hotchkis lower control arms,panhard,shock tower brace and sway bars. Slp eibach springs the firehawk ones with 3/4 inch drop and kyb agx shocks.Kenny brown double diamond subframe connectors and kvr rotors and pads.

Rear end likely go moser 9 inch ford. A little leary to have to give up my abs since my car is not traction control car. But I like 9 inch over the 12 bolts.

I have reasonable goals likely be happy to run around town at 500 to 600 engine hp and save the rest of the potential for very occasional grudge matches, track trip or just some extra fun and scaring myself silly.

I have no doubt that anything much past 500rwhp will likley be total waste of time traction wise in the first couple of gears and maybe even third?Would think could hook in fourth maybe? I have nitto drag radials might try some et street radials at the track but not caging the car ever so doubt it will have a bright track future.
Would think this type of combo can do 11.5 without much difficulty.

So very excited to get my kit and looking foward to finally being on the boosted list.

I do have a lot of experience with dsms. And currently have a very highly modified 97 talon set up for about 650 hp engine and direct port option on top of that.
I run the car around 500 engine daily and its a screamer weighing only around 3100 driver out. Awd lets you hook up unbelievable even on my street firestone fuzions.
No track trip yet with that car.Maybe next season after getting race trans and better axles.

So be on the edge of my chair waiting for the day that APS box shows up at my door.
And even though likely be next spring when the car is all together thats fine as at least hoping this time the twin turbo dream comes true.
I think you are going way overboard for your reasonable goals as well as possibly what this kit can do.

I don't see a need for a 427 when your goals are 500+. You can get 500+ with an NA 427. Also I think a 427 will be too large for this twin setup. Highest I would do is 402/408. You're ok with the fuel system because bigger is always better, but if $$$ at all becomes an issue, that is one spot where you can downgrade a little and still have a very good fuel system.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by N2O-ARMD
how many units are left to order if any?

I've tried asking that...lol...still havent gotten an answer
Old 05-03-2007, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SimC33
how many are there left to reserve? j/w because it may take me half a month or so to finish getting all the money together. so im just asking to see if there will be any available at that price in a month or so...thanks!
I doubt that there will be any F body twin turbo systems available by the end of May 07 at the special $5495 price (more than half of the systems are already ordered) though pm me when you're ready to order and I will see what I can do for you.

Peter
Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 PM
FormerVendor

No no middle east for me this time, i am roaming around your area.
I will be going to the middle east in about 11 months though.
I filled out the form but tried emailing you, but my email was returned, i will try in the morning to fax the application. Unless you can pm me your email.
You can pm me at any time if you need to contact me.

Peter
Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
The link does not work! I have tried it and it does not work! Can somone PLEASE email the sheet at jgarcia841@satx.rr.com I need to pay!
I take it that you have the order form now?

Peter
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
I take it that you have the order form now?

Peter
LOL Peter I think your trying to do too much at one time. You are good to go to charge my card as I told you in the pm you have from me. I know your pm's are blowing up! Bank is mean when it comes to out of country purchases.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FLASH1970
I have just resent you the link to the order form.

Peter
Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 PM
FormerVendor

i'm in it to win it.
Man this is going to be great, my car should be ready by them i get of deployment. First thing i'm going to do is get to a red light and burn out the whole block. Maybe not, but i know i am going to roast my tires to death, i see them lasting one week max......

Plus to put it to the test i am going to drive from san diego to houston, texas.
I am going to register my car in Texas so that i can avoid california smog laws.
Sounds like a great plan to me.

Peter
Old 05-03-2007, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Loboost
Just to show you what a awesome company APS is heres a link about the GTO guys who ordered there kits the same way with a $1000.00 deposit as well. http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread....&highlight=APS
Should put you and everyone else at ease.

Les
Les, Thanks for that post my friend and I can say that there has been 65 GTO twin turbo systems delivered to the US and from all accounts our customers are absolutely thrilled with the quallity, completeness and performance of the APS GTO twin turbo system.

Peter
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Overkill is my middle name son! Being an old hotrodder ,49 years young I believe in overkill. Expensive sure but in the long run likely not as expensive as cutting corners.

The kit is pretty much two tweaked 20gs. They could be tweaked further I think or it might be possible to adapt other bigger non mit turbos like some garretts.I don't personally like turbonetics at all.
I have had a lot of experience with mits turbos in my dsms and garrett turbos also in my dsms. But its been all good.

That said I realize for the hp levels I mentioned that can run a racetronix pump. Bought one and sold it last year. And some 42s or 60s and stock rails. I realize could do 500rwhp with a NA427 or fairly mild boost on a 346.
But think you misread or maybe I wasn't clear. I believe in making this car traction limited not hp limited.
My 97 talon is good example. Also example of overkill. The mits stock engines have stood up to 400 to 500 engine hp. But I went way past stock , took it up to 2.4 litres
and forged it all up.Went big on fuel and good tuning so???are. Huge intercooler ,high perf cluth, etc. I am running that car currently at around 500 to 550 engine. Thats lots for a mostly daily driver 3100 pound no driver car. Even with awd traction can be a problem and much past that hp level it would for sure be. I can go past that hp level with alc injection or race gas. Up to about 650 or so engine maybe a bit more. Highest dyno of similar combo was 620whp. And set car up for future direct port with bunged out intake and tuning so???are that does window switch etc.
So not hp limited ,traction limited.

Same plans on the 99 trans am. Yes in daily use likely be very happy with 500rwhp or so That is quite a lot on nittos and way lots on pure street tires. Past that on the street is mostly braggin rights. I have seen 1000 hp twin turbo cars at local track. They can spin et streets all the way down the track!

Still want my 99 to be traction limited not hp limited. So build it so it could put out 1000 engine hp. Even if never bother to use it all. Part braggin rights and part to worry my local f body buds who are all cocky lately with their head/cam/header/bolt on builds and figure 400 or so rwhp is the top of the hp hill. So yeah its intimidating to throw out that your car can do 1000 engine hp or so..off nitrous.Fast intake is also set up for direct port and turbos love nitrous ,even small shots work wonders on turbocharged cars and give more hp gain than simple math would indicate. The nitrous effect is magnified on turbo cars.
And I also like the big motors for other reasons. Bigger is still better off boost and you can run less boost and still put out same power as smaller engines. And bigger engines will spool up the turbos faster making the rpm range on boost lower and broader.
Will the APS are maybe not totally the perfect choice for a 427 they will still work more than fine I am sure for me. And I might still go for a 408 insteady of the 427.
Bigger engines also make more torque and since be running likely 3.50 gears they help again make up for the pretty weak gearing that is best for turbos.

And 427 is very intimidating to the average guy.And talk about area under the curve..

So am I building the most practical ,sensible ,economical twin turbo 99 trans am. HELL NO!! But it will be pychologically very intimidating to the local boys! And 427TRBO will make a nice back plate.

Last edited by MY99TAWS6; 05-03-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked, but I didn't see it in the 30 + pages here.

Any idea if there will be any clearance issues with a 4L80E?

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery