Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes me happy in my pants

Jason
Old 06-15-2007, 06:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Hennytime
so dyno number should be up in an hour or so? im tired but im willing to sit up for this, ill just watch futurama again
Dyno graphs have been posted.................sorry for the delay.

Peter
Old 06-15-2007, 06:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SStolen
I was wondering how the BOV's were going to sound being vented back into the intake tract. Sounds pretty good still. Hearing the BOV between shifts is one of the best parts of owning a turbo kit in my opinion. Could you get some footage of the car on the dyno going from first to fourth shifting at say 4000rpm?
I'll get that vid for you next week if time permits.

Originally Posted by SStolen
btw, what exactly is the benefit or reasoning of venting the BOV back into the intake rather than just venting into atmosphere? Thanks- Mike.
Mike, Simply just to keep turbocharger noise emissions low................most law enforcement officers around the planet target cars which vent BOV operation nosie direct to atmosphere................there's no technical reason why you can't vent the BOV's direct to atmosphere and enjoy the rush of air.

Peter
Old 06-15-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

damn that thing was worn huh, 250rwhp stock

Nothing like a few turbos to help it in its old age
Old 06-15-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

so on a 250rwhp engine it made 502. so most make around 300 give or take a few. so i guess on 8psi on an avg hp ls1 you would be seeing around 540/550rwhp. thats nice.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Country Boy
No offence to APS, but its hillarious how many people will throw down thousands on a kit that isnt even made nor proven over buying one that is and that is very slightly used like a couple of us in the FS section have. (GMR, phamspeed, CAS, and Im sure a few others).
Icon?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

So with a 400ish rwhp car it should make around 650ish rwhp with 8PSI. So I'm think with 12 PSI around 750 is that right
And to get more than 8 PSI we just turn a **** or screw on the turbo or on the BOV. ? RIGHT
Old 06-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Peter,
Do you have any ProE model pictures or illustrations that show the interference between your turbo system and the stock k-member? Does the turbo itself interfere?

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KWIKKAR, the kit does not come with a boost controller. The way the kit comes you would have to change waste gate springs to change the boost level.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

were do I get these waste gate springs, and or just buy a boost controller. What are the prices on the springs.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Second Club

This will be my first turbo experience also, but I'm assuming since they are Tial wastegates, Tial would sell the springs. Boost controllers are in the neighborhood of $300 and up for an electric one. You really only need a controller if you want to have multiple boost settings that you can switch back and forth between easily.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:58 AM
11 Second Club

nice!! and thats a Mustang dyno also, correct??

on a lighter note...over 1000 posts and 50,000 views...
Old 06-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Default PM'd you Peter

You have a pm Peter
Old 06-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

but why does it have three ports. i understand one is in. and there are two out.
http://www.airpowersystems.com/ls1/bov/bov.htm
it looks like this BOV off your gto. but expalin the port that goes back into the air intake. and the one that goes into the atmosphere

Originally Posted by peter@aps
In short when you shut the throttle blade you have high manifold vacuum which pulls open the valve in the blow off valve which in turn vents compressed air back into the air entry duct, hope that helps.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Launching!

I was wondering, I thought this kit had 2 Tial BOV's whats this talk about APS BOV's?

please clarify Peter.

Thanks

Fil131
Old 06-16-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok you get different tial springs..they are not fun to install being pretty high pressure so usually easier to take off the gate and use like a press. I have same setup on my 97 talon with tial gate. The springs set the minimum boost you can run. You can go higher by using a 20 buck home depot controller or fancy electronic one your choice.You can not go lower than the spring with your boost controller though. You can boost to the moon by running no line to the gate..not adviced of course!

And Peter you may have problems running the blowoffs vented to atmosphere in a draw thru maf setup .Now with SD or blow thru its usually not a problem. We run into this on our dsms. Stock draw thru maf not so great for atmosphere venting. Blow thru or SD no problem.

I also like pretty loud blow offs they are cool. And not much into the stealth think on my car anyway. In fact have lots of really nice turbo emblems that am putting on side doors and back bumper. Hey the turbos are the coolest thing on the car in my opinion.

Here are mine you can get them off ebay. Great quality.

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING STEALTH!! HOW STEALTHY IS A TRANS AM WS6..ITS THE MEANEST SON OF A BITCH IN THE VALLEY!!

and the decals serve to give notice to the local honda boys who think their 250 hp turbo civics are fast. and I think the twin turbo emblem on the back bumper is especially appropriate since they should be seeing a lot of it!
Old 06-16-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has two tial wastegates.. but custom or aps blowoffs I think. They do sound pretty quiet. Would like to get them set up for tial blowoffs optionally? Any chance you could do that peter. The tial are nice have one on my 97 talon also. They are loud and have to be vented to atmosphere.

They come in different colors too! Sure the aps work just fine though. Not a big issue to me.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
It has two tial wastegates.. but custom or aps blowoffs I think. They do sound pretty quiet. Would like to get them set up for tial blowoffs optionally? Any chance you could do that peter. The tial are nice have one on my 97 talon also. They are loud and have to be vented to atmosphere.

They come in different colors too! Sure the aps work just fine though. Not a big issue to me.
Thanks for the clarification, those wastegates looked a lot like BOV's to me but now that I see they are connected to the exhaust I know that they are wastegates.

I dont really see any real reason for the BOV's to vent back to the intake unless the car dies from the change in airflow when all the air is let out of the BOV. Is this a problem with these F-Bodies Peter? The only benifit would be if this assists in keeping the turbos winding when accellerator is let off.

I'm sure I speak for 98% of us who are interested by saying; WE DONT REALLY CARE TO HAVE A QUIET TWIN TURBO CAR, UNLESS THERE IS A CLEAR TECHNICAL REASON THAT ALLOWS MORE POWER, RELIABILITY, LONGEVITY, PERFORMANCE.

I really dont see how a twin turbo F-Body could ever be a sleeper, it is gonna be loud either way. But MHO is that I would prefer to have the BOV's vented to Atmosphere.

Last edited by fil131; 06-16-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: added details
Old 06-16-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fil131
Thanks for the clarification, those wastegates looked a lot like BOV's to me but now that I see they are connected to the exhaust I know that they are wastegates.

I dont really see any real reason for the BOV's to vent back to the intake unless the car dies from the change in airflow. Is this a problem with these F-Bodies Peter? The only benifit would be if this assists in keeping the turbos winding when accellerator is let off.

I'm sure I speak for 98% of us who are interested by saying; WE DONT REALLY CARE TO HAVE A QUIET TWIN TURBO CAR, UNLESS THERE IS A CLEAR TECHNICAL REASON THAT ALLOWS MORE POWER, RELIABILITY, LONGEVITY, PERFORMANCE.

I really dont see how a twin turbo F-Body could ever be a sleeper, it is gonna be loud either way. But MHO is that I would prefer to have the BOV's vented to Atmosphere.
If a meter has already compensated for air in the system and air is released, there will be more fuel for less air... Resulting in a rich condition. Unless the BOV(s) is pre MAF. Then it shouldnt need to recirculate.

On one of the g35 APS TT kits weve installed we just block off the recirculation point and vented the BOV into the atmosphere. Sounded nice.

Last edited by cracker; 06-16-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

It sure looks like the BOV's will pre-maf to me. It should be as easy as plugging the hole behind the filter and the BOV's will be vented to atmosphere.

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery