Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Dude, he gave you his suggestion of what to look for. He's not in the business of selling cat's, the man sells turbo kits.
I'd call some of the aftermarket cat manufacturers (random tech, etc...) and see what they have to offer.

well your right. but customer satisfaction is a big part. it should be an option. sinse it is very ilegal to run with out cats nation wide. your right he gave me a suggestion. but look at the gto kit. it has cats. so thanks, but no thanks

peter if you get a chance.
where should i get the cats you recommonded.
thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Is there a minimum oil pressure we'll need to maintain for the turbo's? I'm at 20psi hot idle and about 65psi hot WOT.
20 PSI oil pressure at idle is fine in terms of oil supply for the turbos.

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 09:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by crzhrs
Hey Peter, I believe that you mentioned that APS was gonna supply a base tune with HPtuners but what about us EFIlive guys? I'm sure the field is split in half between the two tuning systems.
We only use HP tuners software (and we don't suply base tunes in the F body system), can't help if your using EFI live.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 PM
FormerVendor

I'm pretty sure that was the other guys.
I wouldn't want to run a mail order tune on a FI setup anyway.
Neither would I, there are just to many dangerous variables with modified engines and fuel systems to take that type of risk.

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 09:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Did you find out what is the max psi the turbo seals can handle before it becomes a issue and pushes the seal?
On a gravity drain oil return system? I'd say that oil pressure over 60 PSI would be considered border line for the turbo seals and restrictors would most likely be be required to reduce oil flow to the turbochargers.

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by peter@aps
On a gravity drain oil return system? I'd say that oil pressure over 60 PSI would be considered border line for the turbo seals and restrictors would most likely be be required to reduce oil flow to the turbochargers.

Peter

Will you guys consider including the restrictors with this kit, I will be running this setup on my stock LS1 and do not want the turbos to go out on me.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Well final instructions are up on the website. Looking over the final instructions.
Few things come to mind. There is a lot more work and a little more modification than I thought there would be. Not overly worried will take my time and sure can handle it but just a bit more involved.
That's the spirit, just take your time and do a neat install............the twin turbo install is certainly a very enjoyable task imho, make sure you enjoy the journey.

Also wondering is there going to be any problem using high temp rtv in several places rather than actual gaskets. For example between turbo and exhaust manifolds,etc?
The high temp rtv works like a charm as long as the mating surfaces are clean and flat and is always available if you need a good seal in a hurry, no waiting for gaskets over holiday periods, all good.

Also while quality looks very high for the most part , was a bit surprised to see cheap worm gear clamps used in places like intercooler piping. T bolt clamps are much better. Now seeing how this is only a 7.5 psi setup stock I guess they might hold ok. I am used to 30psi setups in my dsm cars and t bolts are pretty much essential at those type of boost levels.
I've used these hose clamps up to 22 PSI without problem though by all means upgrade to T bolts clamps if you feel the need to do so.

After reading the instructions and seeing all the pics and inventory pics the kit now feels finally real to me and the excitement level is high. Considering if all goes well that could have all this hardware sitting here within an month or so is pretty awe inspiring.
If all goes to plan and it should, APS should start shipping by the 17th of August and the freight time to the main 48 US states is between 5 to 7 days, door to door.

And plans are for 408 or 427 and shooting for the magic 1000 engine hp mark with the aps kit within a year or two. Pretty confident that can reach those goals.
The F body twin turbo has system has sufficient mass air flow for around 850 rwhp at 18 PSI................with larger turbos (more on that topic later on this year) your 1000 rwhp goal should be within reach with a nicely prepared turbo spec engine. .

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 11:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Hugger Z
Hey Peter, minor detail, but it still says "APS Twin Turbo for Pontiac GTO" in the header of the instructions. You might want to have them correct that to F-body. It only shows up when you print preview the instructions.
Thanks, has been rectified now.

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 PM
FormerVendor

I agree, that's pretty disappointing. I don't see the worm clamps working for people who are going to be maxing out the turbos.
You can always upgrade to T bolt clamps if you feel the need to.............customizing your twin turbo system is half the fun imo.

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 11:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
peter
you never answered me. where can i get these bad cats at.
thanks
You could try Random technologies for high flow cats, hope that helps.

Peter
Old 07-30-2007, 11:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I still want to see them include a Y pipe in the setup
I spoke to engineering and there's no plan for an F body Y pipe at this time as Y pipe it's just too bulky and expensive in terms of shipping costs, A long tube Hooker header Y pipe should suit you needs if you plan on going with a Y pipe type exhaust system.

Peter
Old 07-31-2007, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

What would you estimate maximum boost on a forged 6.1L (370), 10.0:1 SCR, 8.03 DCR,
210/224 115+1 LSA cam.
Would you say 10 PSI intercooled reliable? 94 Octane, TR6 plugs?
600 rwhp achievable?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by fil131
Will you guys consider including the restrictors with this kit, I will be running this setup on my stock LS1 and do not want the turbos to go out on me.
Peter as I have stated and FIL131 ststed can you supply the restrictors? If not can I buy them?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Most people just use nitrous jets. Quick and easy to purchase in nearly any size you can imagine
Old 07-31-2007, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brains
Most people just use nitrous jets. Quick and easy to purchase in nearly any size you can imagine
Im just going to a local turbo shop here and get it done. I just have no idea what my new engine oil pressure will be.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brains
thats what im going to do...just need to figure out the proper size...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TNTramair
im just happy theres finally a decent quality kit from a reputable dealer. im not expecting perfection. ill have to swap out those clamps for some t-bolt clamps also but its a small price to pay....just like some cutting and messaging that needs to be done.

gotta love they took the time to produce a new washer bottle though...
Glad you like................I'm sure you will find the F bopdy system is thoroughly engineered right down to the small items suplied in the F body system...............this $5495 twin turbo deal inc free delivery ($500 cost for air freight alone) is awesome value imo. I'd guess that fact that all 50 F body TT systems sold so quickly shows that many other agree with my thoughts on the awesome value that the APS F body twin turbo system delivers.

Peter
Old 07-31-2007, 06:51 PM
FormerVendor

Well we have fabbing but we get to keep the air conditioning that is big plus! And air pump if need be.
No fabbing required with the F body twin turbo system............you just need to connect up to your exhaust system of choice. I'd go with a custom true dual 3 inch exhaust with low restriction rear mufflers.

T bolt clamps are fairly cheap but guess could add another hundred or so to the price. I will for sure be putting them in there especially on the intercooler stuff that sees boost. The air intakes are not as critical.
Would like a list of sizes needed though for the t bolts.
I'm sure you wil be able to source many different brands and sizes of T bolt clamps in the US, hose clamp sizes are in the F body kit list, see link below, hope that helps.

Thanks,

Peter

http://www.airpowersystems.com/guide...-tts01/bom.htm
Old 07-31-2007, 06:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TNTramair
well from the pictures it looks like the down pipes are at the same angle as the headers are so its just a matter of finding which down pipe will fit. i have my Kooks ORY laying around so im gonna play with that and see if i can make it work...if not, might end up having to be fabed up.
Thge APS twin 3 inch down pipes finish in the same position as long tube Hooker headers so the Hooker Y pipe should be a very close fit with some luck.

Peter
Old 07-31-2007, 10:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz
While they are not the greatest, they are working for me at 20 psi with no issues .
Joe
If they work at 20 PSI that's great...............if not get T bolt clamps form sure.

peter

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery