Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Victor Jr. is on along with the gemini twin plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Victor Jr. is on along with the gemini twin plate

Ready to dyno tomorrow and see if the vic jr is worth anything. Mainly did the swap to get a decent nitrous system.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Second Club

looks good, are u able to use your wipers with the pin on hood that comes to the windshield liek that?

how are those gauges secured?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had essentailly the same set-up on my car...GMPP intake/NX Gemini Twin plate with an elbow. It made some serious power. I made 355rw on motor. With a 250 shot, it picked up to 730. This was through a glide too. Unfortunately, I still had stock bottom end and it shortly exited the building. It broke a rod...others were stretching..lol

IMO, this is the best setup out there for plates.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks sweet! keep us posted
Old 03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

The wipers are still finctional. We trimmed the hood back from the windshield a bit to keep the wipers. The gauges are mounted on the hood support we made. The VFN hood is extremely light and thin, thats why we needed the support.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

So it looks like the vic jr actually lost power over the ls6. The same tune was used but was much richer on the victor Jr., almost 2 points richer. Had to trim the fuel back out to where it was on the ls6 and bring the power back up to where it almost was on the ls6. Seems the midrange is lacking on the vic jr.

On the 4 th pull the throttle body came loose from the Intake elbows elbow. The lacement of the hoes for the TB is horrible. There is no depth for any kind of bite on the soft aluminum.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Coal Mining Director

Nice comparison.

What TB size on the LS6 vs Vic?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by lbz34

So it looks like the vic jr actually lost power over the ls6. The same tune was used but was much richer on the victor Jr., almost 2 points richer. Had to trim the fuel back out to where it was on the ls6 and bring the power back up to where it almost was on the ls6. Seems the midrange is lacking on the vic jr.

On the 4 th pull the throttle body came loose from the Intake elbows elbow. The lacement of the hoes for the TB is horrible. There is no depth for any kind of bite on the soft aluminum.
Pretty much what I figured, you get a big thumbs up for actually spending the money and doing it. But you will be better off with that intake and the spray so it wasnt a waste..
Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't change to that style of intake just for more power. The main reason I did it is for peice of mind due to LS6 making my 7 and 8 cylinders running lean. In my setup I don't see how you can't make more power tho. all cylinders getting same air and fuel. That means more power.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
I didn't change to that style of intake just for more power. The main reason I did it is for peice of mind due to LS6 making my 7 and 8 cylinders running lean. In my setup I don't see how you can't make more power tho. all cylinders getting same air and fuel. That means more power.
3 and 7 are the two cylinders I have to add more fuel with an LS6, #8 is one of the richer cylindes on mine.

Unless someone throws up some 8 cylinder EGT data on a victor with an elbow I doubt the distribution is any better, and possibly worse, then an LS6.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good numbers either way. The N2O is what it was put on for so it all balances out....
Old 03-04-2007, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

I don't understand why you think it could be worse. The air comes in throgh the center. Which in turn should seperate it out evenly. Versus coming in threw the front (LS6) mine leaned out 7 and 8 due to what I beleive the coming in the intake and bouncing off the back of intake and letting the back two cylinders getting more air. The front four were really rich but this is just my setup.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:41 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
I don't understand why you think it could be worse. The air comes in throgh the center. Which in turn should seperate it out evenly. Versus coming in threw the front (LS6) mine leaned out 7 and 8 due to what I beleive the coming in the intake and bouncing off the back of intake and letting the back two cylinders getting more air. The front four were really rich but this is just my setup.
This has been debated before, I have actually ran GMPP single plane with 8 EGTs and picked nearly 70hp straightening out the horrible cylinder balance.

You have 4 'short' runners and 4 'long' runners with the victor and they balance them by entrance size and cross section. All the runners are equal lenth on an LS6. Not so sure air 'bounces' anywhere in a pressurized intake..
Old 03-04-2007, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

put the ls6 intake back on. its proven that that single plane intake doesn't make power and doesn't work..
Old 03-04-2007, 07:55 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
This has been debated before, I have actually ran GMPP single plane with 8 EGTs and picked nearly 70hp straightening out the horrible cylinder balance.

You have 4 'short' runners and 4 'long' runners with the victor and they balance them by entrance size and cross section. All the runners are equal lenth on an LS6. Not so sure air 'bounces' anywhere in a pressurized intake..

The turbo buick guys have been facing the same dillemma for years, the best fix yet (besides uber-pricey sheet metal intakes) has been the "Power Plate", which goes between the upper plenum and the intake. It works pretty good.

So yeah, I could see the single plane intake having horrible air distribution.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i thought it was a pretty well known fact the the vic jr. intakes are poor down low and midrange?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:08 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6
The turbo buick guys have been facing the same dillemma for years, the best fix yet (besides uber-pricey sheet metal intakes) has been the "Power Plate", which goes between the upper plenum and the intake. It works pretty good.

So yeah, I could see the single plane intake having horrible air distribution.
The more people that swap and post dyno results the better, if I see a couple people pick up a fair amount with a combo similar to mine I'll have one on here in two days lol. So far this is the only back to back dyno I have ever seen posted.

Trust me I wish more then anyone I could bolt an intake on my car and pick up 20hp
Old 03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

I just know my throttle response is alot better with it.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

I did not expect to gain power with the intake. On the flip side I did not expect to lose that much power either. lol

I need to skim through the Hp tuners and see if it even has individual cylinder control. I imagine it does.

I guess i will be fine tuning the other cylinders by spark plugs. on the ls6 i was at a nice flat 12.0 a/f and with the exact same tune it was 10.xx on the vic jr. I had to pull about 15% fuel out of it to get it back to 12.0. The car made high 600 with just the intake swap and no retune. I still have that big dip at 5600 no idea what that is yet. 175lb seat pressure on a MS3 size cam not figuring it is valve float. possibly a spark issue. Have not had much time on the dyno yet.

Next week i will be testing the XSpower 12x24x4 ebay intercooler (what is on the car now) vs a precision 24x12.5x5 core. The ebay cooler didn't do too bad. started off about 5x degrees and ended up about 8x if i remember correctly. I will post definitive results as soon we build the end tanks for the precision piece.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

Still debating on whether the intake will stay or not. I will get some higher boost numbers and see how it goes then make a decision. I could always go single fogger nozzle instead of the gemini plate i guess.

Quick Reply: Victor Jr. is on along with the gemini twin plate