Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kenne Bell supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
I'm not sure where some of you guys are getting your measurement information, but from the sources I have contacted the intercooled Maggie is about 10" tall from valley to top and the KB is 9.5" (I have pics to prove it)...
I read it in one of Ed's threads from LMS cause this question has been asked a ton of times....so im not speakin from experiance, just from what ive read.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of confident posts in here...but no pics unfortunately. I can't say that I'm
surprised.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread again, how many times can this be asked? Can we make a sticky on this subject?

When i buy my C6 vette the only mod it will get is a KB and a fuel system. That bitch be nice and quiet with the exception of blower whine. Just how i want my next car to be. My TA is noisy.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

More info https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...8&page=1&pp=20
Old 04-02-2007, 02:27 AM
FormerVendor

So are you saying that the Kenne Bell kit uses a MUCH larger cowl hood for the hell of it??

The Kenne Bell S/C is considerably taller than a Maggie. PERIOD. Or at least while it is bolted up to the motor.

That being the case, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that if a Maggie requires modification, then the KB will require even more..
I'm not sure where some of you guys are getting your measurement information, but from the sources I have contacted the intercooled Maggie is about 10" tall from valley to top and the KB is 9.5" (I have pics to prove it)...

Last edited by Jeff@TotalPerformanceEng; 04-02-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:42 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that they are saying the "cowling". Not any part of the hood.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I think that they are saying the "cowling". Not any part of the hood.
Correct...the cowl itself needs to be cut given the location of the
motor in relation to the cowl. Corvettes differ there of course.

...lots of cocky comments in this thread...still waiting for pics.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I appreciate the input, because I am just a Mechanical Engineer (not a Rocket Scientist). I do thank you for posting but I'm not going to believe it unless you attached a picture of your SC from the valley to the top and show it to be more than 10" tall. Then I really would be genuinely thankful because it would STOP me from wasting any more time with this Supercharger.

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
So are you saying that the Kenne Bell kit uses a MUCH larger cowl hood for the hell of it??

The Kenne Bell S/C is considerably taller than a Maggie. PERIOD. Or at least while it is bolted up to the motor.

That being the case, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that if a Maggie requires modification, then the KB will require even more..
Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

I agree with you.. But, if you put 2 LS1 motors side by side the Kenne Bell will be taller. That will require additional cowl cutting on an F body.

And FWIW theres a reason there is no pictures, and its NOT because no one wants to show them. Its because there arent any..
Originally Posted by unit213
Correct...the cowl itself needs to be cut given the location of the
motor in relation to the cowl. Corvettes differ there of course.

...lots of cocky comments in this thread...still waiting for pics.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Well, I will do what I can to get you the pics you need. I am one of the guys who worked with KB in R&D'ing the LS1 kit. I have worked very closely with KB for quite some time now. If ANYONE knows the dimentions of this system its gonna be me. The last photo helps you get a general idea as to how tall this thing sits.

You are close on your measurements (within a 1/2 inch) SO I would go back to someone with a maggie and reverify the height. I have a feeling your measurements for the maggie are wrong. Also, measure the I/C'd version AND NON I/C'd version.

I appreciate the input, because I am just a Mechanical Engineer (not a Rocket Scientist). I do thank you for posting but I'm not going to believe it unless you attached a picture of your SC from the valley to the top and show it to be more than 10" tall. Then I really would be genuinely thankful because it would STOP me from wasting any more time with this Supercharger.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

tell me you put that vette back together when you where finished.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattraypharbor
tell me you put that vette back together when you where finished.
he did...thats the car in the second pic all together and it puts a boatload of power and torque...
Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So we both agree that the KB is about 9.5-10" tall and this web page from Magnacharger proves that BEST case the MP112 is 9.36" tall (be it Intercooled or non-intercooled, Ed at LMS is selling the kits WITH intercoolers). So from all these findings I STILL believe the KB can fit! Although I am now not sure it is worth the extra $1-2K versus the APS TT kit. Since KB will not budge on price for the tuner/hot rod kit they have lost my interest. They want $6199 for an incomplete kit and $6999 for the C5 kit which includes Computer Tune, Injectors, Boost-A-Pump, Cold Air Intake, and a Hood for ONLY $800 more???? Hope this Helps everyone else...

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/imag...-CAMARO-TR.jpg

[QUOTE=AMERICAN_HP]Well, I will do what I can to get you the pics you need. I am one of the guys who worked with KB in R&D'ing the LS1 kit. I have worked very closely with KB for quite some time now. If ANYONE knows the dimentions of this system its gonna be me. The last photo helps you get a general idea as to how tall this thing sits.

You are close on your measurements (within a 1/2 inch) SO I would go back to someone with a maggie and reverify the height. I have a feeling your measurements for the maggie are wrong. Also, measure the I/C'd version AND NON I/C'd version.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

Synergy put that car together and built the motor. They also worked directly with KB fixing most of the issues that came along.

American_HP, can you run a tape measure from the valley cover to the highest point on the back of the unit, this should put to rest how much hacking will need to be done.

I would take the KB over the APS if it would fit, but the easier route here isn't going to be the KB. If I knew I wouldn't have to hack into the windshield wiper or higher, I would still consider it.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Administrator

And FWIW theres a reason there is no pictures, and its NOT because no one wants to show them. Its because there arent any..
I know...and that's exactly why I kept pushing it.

Love the car!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Let me tell you what...the Kenne Bell has been the BEST blower I have "EVER" used.
For the little time and sacrifice to put it in and get it going....id DO IT!
There is nothing like the hit of the low end torque from those bad boys!!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:30 AM
FormerVendor

Your right, Rick did a ton of work. Since it was damn near the first one in existance no one knew what to expect.

I could measure it, but since its been at Ricks shop, I 100% re-did everything in the engine bay. I'm currently running the prototype 2.8H blower. So the ONLY measurements would NOT be an exact. They would be within a 1/4" of the 2.6. The 2.8 is right around 3/4" longer than the 2.6. So since I dont have the 2.6 in front of me, I'd hate to quote you an EXACT #. As far as the height, that will be easy.
Originally Posted by DanZ28
Synergy put that car together and built the motor. They also worked directly with KB fixing most of the issues that came along.

American_HP, can you run a tape measure from the valley cover to the highest point on the back of the unit, this should put to rest how much hacking will need to be done.

I would take the KB over the APS if it would fit, but the easier route here isn't going to be the KB. If I knew I wouldn't have to hack into the windshield wiper or higher, I would still consider it.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your right, Rick did a ton of work. Since it was damn near the first one in existance no one knew what to expect.

I could measure it, but since its been at Ricks shop, I 100% re-did everything in the engine bay. I'm currently running the prototype 2.8H blower. So the ONLY measurements would NOT be an exact. They would be within a 1/4" of the 2.6. The 2.8 is right around 3/4" longer than the 2.6. So since I dont have the 2.6 in front of me, I'd hate to quote you an EXACT #. As far as the height, that will be easy.
American,

How much boost are you running now? Any chance of squeezing any more power out of that 2.8l?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Well Dam! The height would help alot and so would the length, Like how far back does it protrude past the bottom of the manifold .

If I could get some close dimensions on it, sure would make it real simple to see if it would work, or at least how much hacking would need to be done.

Your right, I believe your KB was the first one on a LSX car, I was lucky enough to see it when it first came in. In hind sight, I should have measured it then but didn't phathom putting it in an f-body .
Old 04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

Between 14-15psi

I could take this blower to 25psi if I wanted to. The operating RPM of the blower was nowhere near its max speed.

We did do a 18psi run but we shut it down at 4200 rpms. I didnt feel like picking up the pieces of my motor on the ground. Needless to say, my numbers were ALOT higher than what everyone knows mine to be..

The motors being freshened up at LME now. It WILL be built for 20+psi.

Originally Posted by Juiced
American,

How much boost are you running now? Any chance of squeezing any more power out of that 2.8l?

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell supercharger?