Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Underdrive Pulleys with a Procharger P-1SC-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underdrive Pulleys with a Procharger P-1SC-1

Is anyone running a blower along with underdrive pulleys. I have the March underdrive set (crank/altenator) installed and just ordered a procharger HO system (gonna run 7lbs of boost). A couple friends recommended I put the pulleys back to stock before putting the blower in. Anyone had any experience or heard any horror stories. Thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pulley for the 6 rib set up will not bolt on to an underdrive pulley. It will only fit on the stock pulley. I had to take my ASP underdive off and go back to stock for my D1
Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Well im not running a procharger... turbos, but i have an underdrive kit (crank and alt pulleys) and now with all my added accessories, pumps, meth, mroe guages, etc.. my volts are way low.. Like 13 when driving and alternator is going good but when i stop the volts drop way low to 11 ish which isnt good. I have to swap back to stock so my volts come back up. Just my experience, hope this helps... I would suggest you go back to stock, its proven and nothing to worry or wonder about.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Dan & Superman,

Thanks. Those were both issues that I was afraid of. I guess I'll be posting some pulleys to the "Parts for Sale" forum soon. I can't wait to get the blower on the car. Dan, did you do your install. If so, any hiccups I need to watch out for.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I did the install myself. The only thing that was a PITA was pinning the crank pulley to the crankshaft. Everything else is pretty straight forward. I also work on cars for a livving so most of this stuff comes pretty easy for me
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have any questions or problems while doing your installation, you can give us a call at 260 244-4808. Bob
Old 04-12-2007, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

I had to take my asp pully off as well. I didn't like the idea of going back to stock so I got the ati balancer. It's a little pricy but a very nice piece. It helped make pinning the crank a little easier as well. Take asp off, bolt on pin kit, drill crank, line up the slot in the ati balancer with the slot you drilled in the crank, install ati balancer, remove crank bolt and slide in pin and reinstall crank bolt. At least thats how I did it with no instructions. It wasn't too bad considering all the horror stories I've heard about pinning the crank.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys.

I've done a lot of bolt-on work on F-Bodies and Mustangs changing out trannies, clutches, rear-ends, intakes, complete exhausts, radiators, brake systems, etc, so I'm hoping it shouldn't be too bad (just take our time). But Bob, if we hit a snag, you'll definitely be getting a call. I'm counting down the days until that beautiful brown truck shows up.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:26 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by KamikazeSS
Thanks guys.

I've done a lot of bolt-on work on F-Bodies and Mustangs changing out trannies, clutches, rear-ends, intakes, complete exhausts, radiators, brake systems, etc, so I'm hoping it shouldn't be too bad (just take our time). But Bob, if we hit a snag, you'll definitely be getting a call. I'm counting down the days until that beautiful brown truck shows up.
I feel your pain! Bob

Quick Reply: Underdrive Pulleys with a Procharger P-1SC-1