Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC + E85 Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default D1SC + E85 Results

Just thought I would add this here for those who don't make it over to the section often.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/701050-d1sc-bolt-ons-e85-545rwhp.html
Old 04-23-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting so you made an additional 55rwhp on the same boost with just the e85 (and i assume more timing)
, pretty gay though he "wont disclose the AFR"

any more info on this preditor prototype?
you didnt install any flex fuel sensors did you?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
interesting so you made an additional 55rwhp on the same boost with just the e85 (and i assume more timing)
, pretty gay though he "wont disclose the AFR"

any more info on this preditor prototype?
you didnt install any flex fuel sensors did you?
With the 12deg of timing on 91 gas it was pretty safe. We probably could have gotten more like 510 with a couple more deg of timing. But we wanted to get onto the Corn tuning.
The Predator Flex-Fuel tunner is something Andy is working on with DiabloSport. I really don't want to go more into it than that because its not my place to talk about it and I don't want to give you inaccurate info. As far as the flex fuel tunning goes, I signed a confidentiality agreement to not disclose that information.

I hope you can understand & respect that. And to others who want to complain and hate on the fact that we won't disclose any information on the tunning specifics, all I can say is sorry. If you want to talk to the tunner his number is on the charts. Its not my place to tell you these things. I consider him a great friend and a great guy. I'm not going to go against my word to appease the internet gods, to just ruin something that he has worked very hard to develop.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can understand that, been there before... however, you will have those that feel, yes, he has worked hard on a tuning solution for e85 which will keep him/them ahead of the game with a healthy bank account, though we are a community that tries to help each other with what we know, blah blah blah..

For one, i have never seen a section more under-wraps with how they do things and skills then the pcm section. Some will help, however, most will just not respond. Tuning is a skill that most will gain to use as profit. Me, well, if i know something and someone asks, i share... but is just me.

anyways, hate to rant and you probably heard this before... i love the idea of e85 and high-performance applications. Its a good product with tons of potential. If a motor could specifically designed to run of e85 and enhance its features, we could very well see the future of a blend of high-performance/better economy/earth-friendly source of fuel.

Keep up the good work!! LaterZ!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice... I love E85
Old 04-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Turbo Addict

What's the big secret?? I don't understand.
This has been posted before but here is a lot of good info: http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=47094.0
Old 04-26-2007, 11:47 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are some nice results! I wish we could get E85 around here. Especially as it's a higher octane and cheaper than 93. What's your difference in fuel economy versus running premium if any?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Those are some nice results! I wish we could get E85 around here. Especially as it's a higher octane and cheaper than 93. What's your difference in fuel economy versus running premium if any?
Check out the link in Runn's sig, there's some great E85 info in there

From what I've heard, there is about a real world loss of about 10% in economy from premium to E-85, but with a little tunning for it you also get about a 5% gain in power

I would love to run the stuff, if I could get it more readily around hear
Old 04-27-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

yeup, no e-85 here as well...would love to get the extra punch for my build.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Launching!

it takes alot more e85 to achieve proper AFR's then it does gasoline, its no secret at all for those who want to dig a little bit, you basically find the stoich afr of E85 probably somewhere in the 6.8-9.9:1 range as most alcohols are and then you have to beef up the fuel system to supply the larger amount of fuel, ie injectors, pumps etc and make sure they are alcohol compatible so they don't dissolve seals or rubber orings and such.

its not that hard to do.. then for tuning, you still use a wideband o2, because it is measuring the content of oxygen left over not fuel so you will know when your running rich or lean.. poof problem solved.. sometimes I think some people just like keeping something mystical so they can feel smarter then others even when they got their info from someone else..lol

Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by obZidian
yeup, no e-85 here as well...would love to get the extra punch for my build.
Hell, if we aren't getting it up here there's no way you are.

Quick Reply: D1SC + E85 Results