Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My Magnacharged SS almost done

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
Thanks guys, they did a great job. They are putting the new rear in this week should be all done hopefully soon I will keep everyoine up to date. I do not want to assume what this will put out numbers wise. Rather see them first before i predict.
Any numbers yet?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

looks good...good luck.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ocdwill
looks good...good luck.

Thanks Will, it came out nice! we'll have the rearend wrapped up in the next couple days and then head for the dyno....should be interesting.

Ed
Old 05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ed @ Late Model Speed
Thanks Will, it came out nice! we'll have the rearend wrapped up in the next couple days and then head for the dyno....should be interesting.

Ed

Old 05-13-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beautiful car those rims are to die for. the maggie is cool to i guess. lol but really nice ride man
Old 05-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

cool, is at times better...if you want a reliable a ride it is the way to go...still fun to drive and great on long trips......

Last edited by ocdwill; 05-14-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

also if you have a 3rd brakelight bulb out it can kill the cruise as well..

Mike

and yes i'm serious
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

interesting.

On another note we should have some dyno results this week!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carlooks and i bet will be a BLAST to drive D! too bad you arent anywhere near florida. would love to buy you a beer and catch up!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
carlooks and i bet will be a BLAST to drive D! too bad you arent anywhere near florida. would love to buy you a beer and catch up!
You could come to Wichita on June 2nd for Joe's wedding and catch up with all of us.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Yea John Long time no hear. I am going to make it down there one of these days. You should try to make OKC for the party We are going to get caught up one of these days...
Old 06-05-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okc was fun Badass car Damon!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

update dyno numbers?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toonz
You could come to Wichita on June 2nd for Joe's wedding and catch up with all of us.

The party before that was fun also :p

Joe was saying new wheels???

New #'s.........

Kyle
Old 06-05-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Thumbs up

Hell no, new wheels riiiight. I never thougth OKC could be that much fun. I am still dizzy from the damn Redbull and Vodka's lol. Having flashbacks of boobies as well Good to meet you finally Kyle, John, Matt good to see you guys as always and of course all the other guys who do not live on this board . And a big shout out goes to Rob (Toonz) who made alot of **** happen this past weekend for us and myself, and never fails to be a good friend as to what alot of people should hope to be thanks for everything this weekend

I had to send my front wheels off to CCW but those are back, I like the CCW's I got. I ain't got the money left to much else other then put gas in it when it gets here.

Well first off we had a few issues with my car. This is why it has not been dyno'd yet. I dyno'd it about a month ago and the fuel pump went out in it. I went lean. I did not blow up anything, but I also had an issue with oil getting into my cylinders through the rocker bolts on the intake side, and I had 2 wires misfiring/arching on the headers. Wires were too big and melted to the headers. With alot of oil in all cylinders, lean (14's A/F lost 10lbs of Fuel pressure), and running on 6 out of 8 cylinders or a rough running 8 lol due to loss of spark, it ran 400RWHP/430RWTQ with the 7#'s of boost. We ran it once (this was prior to knowing about the issues, and everything kinda went to hell at one time.

All the issues have been fixed, Ed hooked me up with a new fuel pump (when the kit was install I told him to not install a FP because it had a Walbaro 340 in it already, but it failed), the headers had to be adjusted due to my car being so low. BTW I am looking to trade my eibach springs with revalved bilstiens for a set off of an Stock SLP SS (PM me seriously). Anyway, I had LMS also install my Borla and yanked the Loud Mouth, install a 9" with 3.89 gears. Not to mention Ed got pretty sick so the "**** happens" meter got pegged on this one for both of us.

As for the dyno, I will be going to a wedding in Kansas CONGRATS JOE!! Bach party this past weekend Right Kyle Rob Matt . Anyway we are having the car dyno'd on Saturday and my dad will be picking it up and dropping it off for me. I will try to get the results sometime Saturday or extremely early on Sunday, I will be waiting for that call trust me.

I got alot more to do with this car. I got new Leather Airzen Racing Seats with heaters that has to get wired and installed, the wheels, suspension and a few things to figure out interior wise from a previous car stereo. Plus it still has not been titled or registered.

So all in all that is the update. Bad things happen but they are getting taken care of. With the issues I had and still got 400RWHP with serious retard and well the crap above I see no reason why this thing is not going to be a damn beast. My numbers may be alittle lower with the 9" but I will survive

Thanks again Ed
Damon
Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone know how much boost can you run on pump gas (92 octane) with a magna? From what i could see they don't have any air to water cooling.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Launching!

There is a heat exchanger that mounts in front of the A/C condensor and a cooling system for the intercooler. I had to re-route the hoses around the rear pulleys and it takes about a gallon of coolant to fill the system. I'll be running about 10# on 92 octane.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:17 AM
TECH Veteran

10#'s is the max from what I understood when I started looking into these setups a few years ago for the Corvette. After that the air either gets too hot or the blower just isn't effectiant enough to get much more. I am sure there can be more boost to be had if you wanted. But from what I have seen on the Radix, and Maggies on other vehicles most do not exceed 10#'s. The magnacharger is not a SC system meant to run huge amounts of boost, its more of a kick in the **** kinda SC that gives you great everyday power. Procharger or a Turbo is the way to go if you feel the need to chase high HP numbers. The maggie for me was meant for the street.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

how far from nashville are you?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by todd4168
how far from nashville are you?
I just sold my boat to a guy down in Clarksville, he said it took him about 3-4 hrs or so to drive up here. I am right between Louisvillem and Lexington.

Quick Reply: My Magnacharged SS almost done