Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My Magnacharged SS almost done

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
I just sold my boat to a guy down in Clarksville, he said it took him about 3-4 hrs or so to drive up here. I am right between Louisvillem and Lexington.

PM me your Cell # and ill call ya next time im in Louisville.....

Kyle
Old 06-09-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

:p
Old 06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you get the car back on the dyno today?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, please put a video up of an in car run or something, i just wanna hear that thing whine at everyone.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default N I C E !!!!!!

****,I was looking at putting one of those on 2 years ago,and a local installer told me there be alot of cutting involved,Thats way i opted for the incon ttThis is actually the first picts ive ever seen with a maga!! looks great.And i mean GREAT,NOW you gotta park next to a SVO charged mastang at your next cruise and watch the jaws drop LOL!! looks bad *** guyIf i didnt own a 35th LE I would have been doing some cutting LOL!!
Old 06-16-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks. I got the car back to take care of a few things. Ed got a good tune on my car but it still needs some adjusting but getting a dyno anywhere is damn near impossible at this point. So I am going to wait for his to get up and running. In teh mean time I am installing the things I got sitting here and fixing a few things that need addressing to include the suspension and a few other issues. Otherwise new pics will be up in a few days and hopefully if I ever get the time. yotaman96 if you need to know something specific I will see if I can help. let me know.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Congrats, Damon!!!! So how does it feel?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
Thanks. I got the car back to take care of a few things. Ed got a good tune on my car but it still needs some adjusting but getting a dyno anywhere is damn near impossible at this point. So I am going to wait for his to get up and running. In teh mean time I am installing the things I got sitting here and fixing a few things that need addressing to include the suspension and a few other issues. Otherwise new pics will be up in a few days and hopefully if I ever get the time. yotaman96 if you need to know something specific I will see if I can help. let me know.
I'm done with mine. Tried to have it dyno tuned yesterday, but apparently when Ed put a tune in my PCM, it locked to his license only. The tune was way off. It was very rich and didn't want to run. I didn't ask Ed to do an all out tune, I just wanted to be able to start it and make sure nothing was leaking before I took it to the dyno. Monday we're going to see if the computer will let us reflash it with a stock tune and hopefully get rid of the lock that's on it. If I had not sent the PCM off to be tuned, I'd probably have dyno #'s to report right now. I tried calling Ed yesterday and his wife said he was out of town. She gave me his cell #, but he didn't answer and his mailbox was full.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

I hope all you guys 3 that I know of so far gets these cars straightend out soon I hope and expect them to be some pretty bad ridz when they are TUNED right and all the bugs worked out
Old 06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Veteran

SO do we trust me. I think once we get the bugs worked out its gonna be a solid setup. Key word being bugs. I got alot to fix on the car and change out while I wait for Ed to get his Dyno up and running then by time I am done getting it tagged and titled and seats changed, suspension changed, cleaned, and a few minor wiring things it will go back to ed. All of which are things I knew about. I bought the car sight unseen, the owner was cool and honest so I knew what I was getting. I bought it in Jan. while I was still in the sandbox, Now that I have it back for now, I have seen it a total of like 7 days if that. I am alittle patient with it because I am back, as for Mark though its coming down to the wire, and I hope his is running before he leaves so he does not end up like I did with FFHP and my C6 corvette I am sure Ed will not leave us hanging. So far he has helped me out when it was needed. My biggest issue is that we cannot get it on a dyno to get done. Even around where I am its 3 weeks before I can get on one. But Ed's is about ready. Besides no one wants to mess with a SD tune either lol, they are not known for being user freindly.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Hey u mentioned my best buds FFHP.. LOL I know that pain as well. I was lucky and got my motor though. SD tunes take a butt ton of time
Old 06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Yea when I get home from my little tour i am doing with these counter drug guys I plan on getting my hands alittle dirty to see what I may be able to do to get around doing a SD.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:55 AM
11 Second Club

If I have good results with my tune, maybe it would be worth the drive. It's in Bowling Green, KY. I'm very confident that Jessie at the Horsepower House can get this thing running right. That is unless I have other problems like fouled plugs from running so rich when I started it.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

whats a SD tune?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

its a tune without a MAF sensor.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by garrett3
whats a SD tune?
SD=Speed Density. There's no room for a mass air flow with this kit. I didn't notice that until after I ordered the kit.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by yotaman96
SD=Speed Density. There's no room for a mass air flow with this kit. I didn't notice that until after I ordered the kit.
This is what's causing some of the problems. If it was able to have a maf on it then tuning would be much easier.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hope you get it all worked out man.

Quick Reply: My Magnacharged SS almost done